News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dave13

Dave13 Profile Photo
Member Name: Dave13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jan 9 2024, 06:12:46 AM

B212323 said: "Dave13 said: "If Victoria Clark takes of a show, do we know what days it is? I am planning seeing it on a Sunday night, but I tend to think that is iffy for any lead. I also want to see Bonnie as well."

Victoria is off Tuesday and Sunday evenings with the new schedule ( no Wednesday matinees since new years)
"

Thanks for the heads up. 

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jan 8 2024, 01:35:58 AM

If Victoria Clark takes of a show, do we know what days it is? I am planning seeing it on a Sunday night, but I tend to think that is iffy for any lead. I also want to see Bonnie as well. 

DEATH OF A SALESMAN Reviews  Oct 9 2022, 09:49:16 PM

"Death of a Salesman is still the great tragedy of our time."

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/reviews/review-arthur-miller-death-of-a-salesman-broadway_94401.html

Question about resale (Merrily We Roll Along)  Oct 3 2022, 02:21:57 PM

If what NYTW says is true, no one will have tickets until the day of the show. Then you must show photo ID for the person that purchased the tickets. 

My understanding as long as they follow their own policy, getting resale tickets is nonexistant. Scalpers are screwed for this one. 

Merrily tickets  Oct 3 2022, 01:19:29 PM

I would like to think positively that more tickets may open up, but given that there are only 199 tickets available at NYTW, the chances of gettting tickets are much less than say the Winter Garden. 

Merrily tickets  Oct 3 2022, 12:57:50 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "Dave13 said: "hearthemsing22 said: "This is one of the reasons why I got a subscription- 1. I knew tickets would sell out SO quickly. 2. I am actually interested in the other shows in the season."

How much was the subscription? I was going to pay for a Subscription just for this reason, but it was sold out by the time I looked.
"

I honestly can't remember...maybe $250?
"

Merrily tickets  Oct 3 2022, 12:55:37 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "This is one of the reasons why I got a subscription- 1. I knew tickets would sell out SO quickly. 2. I am actually interested in the other shows in the season."

How much was the subscription? I was going to pay for a Subscription just for this reason, but it was sold out by the time I looked. 

Phantom Closing?  Sep 16 2022, 05:03:09 PM

ggersten said: "The NYT article seems more definitive (at least enough for the nervous Board Admins to promote the story). The Post article was suspicious to me - especially where it said "the right show" would gross over 3M a week - which seems, highly highly doubtful. Hamilton and the current Music Man revival have done so - and there may be others - but it's few and far between.

And I thought I'd read here that Phantom had no "stop" clause in

Phantom Closing?  Sep 16 2022, 04:57:12 PM

Wow. Never thought I would see the day. My first Broadway show I saw that got me hooked. The weekly sales are around $900k. You would think they would be fine on those sales. My guess is there is more to the story.....

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 28 2022, 01:48:35 PM

ChairinMain said: "I am really hoping this extends at least through november, when I might be able to get across the country for a weekend and see it."

I would like to think if it continues to do well that it will extend through the holidays. No reason to leave money on the table as this would be a huge hit over the holidays. 

Myles Frost vs. Aramie Payton as MJ  Jul 22 2022, 02:59:36 PM

I have seen the show twice.  Once with Myles and once with Aramie.  Myles is the better dancer. When he moves, it is much smoother than Aramie. Myles looks like he has broken ankles on some of his moves. 

Aramie looks more like MJ. So he is more believable. Both are incredible actors.  You cant go wrong with either. The show is just as good with either actor. 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews  Jul 22 2022, 11:53:25 AM

I have tickets Saturday night. Is anyone expected to be out? I see the rumor Gavin is out, but officially he is on leave beginning Sunday. Sure hope Sara is in. I have had bad luck seeing her live. 

Music Man Rush Line.  May 20 2022, 11:44:21 PM

JSquared2 said: "Dave13 said: "I rushed on May 20th. I arrived at 4:25am. I was third in line. The first two waiting in front of me were Professional Line Sitters. The person behind me was a scalper, which arrived about 5am. The fifth persion arrived within a few minutes as well at around 5am. By 6am, there were about 10 people in line. By the time doors opened at 10am, I think we counted about 62 people in line. Not sure how many were sold, but was happy with my results.When the box office doors were opened, two box office windows were opened. The line sitters went to one window, and I went to the other. I was the first out the door, so I believe I ended up with the first purchase of the day. I was able to purchase 2 tickets in A9 and A11 for $49 each , partial view."

Why were the 2 people in front of you "Professional Line Sitters", and the person behind you a "scalper"? Did you ask to see their resumes? Couldn't have had anything to do with skin color, I'm sure.
"

First, it is hilarious you would suggest such a thing. In fact, you may be the racist one. What color of skin are you assuming I am? By that comment alone, you are suggesting I am a certain skin color, when in fact you have no idea what color of skin I have. So you are indeed a racist prick. 

Second, the Professional Line Sitters openly advertise their services, so to suggest it has anything to do with color, you are the racist. Here is the link to the website. http://www.sameolelinedudes.com/, Also, the Guardian's article on them. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/05/a-five-day-wait-for-5000-the-man-who-queues-for-the-uber-rich

Third, n regards to the scaler, she was an old white women. How dare I assume she was a scalper, when in fact she openly stated it as well? She told everyone she was selling tickets. So once again, you are the racist one to assume it had anything to do with color. Enjoy your miserable racist life. 

Music Man Rush Line.  May 20 2022, 02:46:08 PM

I rushed on May 20th. I arrived at 4:25am. I was third in line. The first two waiting in front of me were Professional Line Sitters. The person behind me was a scalper, which arrived about 5am. The fifth persion arrived within a few minutes as well at around 5am.  By 6am, there were about 10 people in line. By the time doors opened at 10am, I think we counted about 62 people in line. Not sure how many were sold, but was happy with my results. When the box office doors were opened, t

& JULIET Will Have Pre-Broadway Engagement In Toronto  Jan 23 2022, 12:09:11 PM

I caught this show in a London in December. Absolutely loved it.  I was looking for news of this coming and came across this thread. Hopefully some of the original cast will come over. Can’t imagine it without Miriam. 

Stage Door  Jan 19 2022, 03:40:16 PM

Is anyone doing Stage Door for Music Man? When I was there this past weekend, it appeared the Stage Door was painted clearly, thus iniviting people for Stage Door. Also, barricades were up as well. I didn't stay, since I thought no one was doing Stage Door with Covid. However, I am curious if I missed out. It would have been cool if Jackman was signing. 

Hadestown Understudies  Jan 12 2022, 04:46:42 PM

adotburr said: "Dave13 said: "I have a short trip into town this weekend. Looking at Sunday night tickets. Any reason to believe anyone will be out this weekend?"

Lana Gordon (Persephone alternate) is normally scheduled on Sundays. I don't know how that works on 2 show Sundays though.
"

Thanks. Keeping my fingers crossed. 

Hadestown Understudies  Jan 11 2022, 07:16:08 PM

I have a short trip into town this weekend. Looking at Sunday night tickets. Any reason to believe anyone will be out this weekend?  

How long will it be safe to return to Broadway?  Jun 16 2020, 07:47:23 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Okay, so this now is like the 6th thread on this? Dios míos, people! Anything COVID-19 has been asked, answered, debated, speculated on countless threads sincethe second week of March 2020 when the world shutdown."

Actually, if you read my post, this has nothing to do with COVID19. 

How long will it be safe to return to Broadway?  Jun 16 2020, 04:54:57 PM

I am just hoping some feedback as to what is going on in NYC. I am hoping not to turn this into a political debate. I just see what is on the news, but I don't know what to believe anymore.

Not sure what the streets currently look like, but I just see images of 5th Ave stores being boarded up and etc. As often as I have been to NYC, I am still a tourist. Broadway lives off of tourists, and I am worried that it may be a long time before the tourists return to levels we saw 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You