News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for light_in_the_dark2

Member Name: light_in_the_dark2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

My feelings on Follies.......
 Jan 18 2012, 09:22:56 PM
Yeah I just saw the show and did not like the book at all. I think if I was older I would have enjoyed it more but I thought the first act really dragged on and the second act was a bit confusing. The cast was amazing though and the songs were really good
Les Mis Concerts
 Dec 20 2011, 12:52:52 AM
I personally just love the 10th. It is one of my favorite recordings that I listen to over and over again. I love Ruthie's fantine. I love the purity and emotion in her voice. I love lea salonga's eponine. I really like Colm as valjean. Javert is incredible. It's just so enjoyable. I haven't heard the 25th nearly as much but other than Nick Jonas, there are some really good performances (I thought Salonga's Fantine was great too). You'll enjoy either but, personally, I always go back to the 10th
What are your most favoritest songs in your least favoritest shows?
 Dec 1 2011, 10:14:59 PM
the lion king: He lives in you (reprise)
I thought he lives in you reprise was amazing and inspiring. The rest of the show was tedious (except the opening was good too)

Cats: memory

re: What's your least favorite song in your favorite show?
 Dec 1 2011, 07:38:40 AM
From Next to Normal I'm not a huge fan of "I'm Alive". Still a good song but the rest of the score I enjoy much more
Shows where the original cast album is NOT the best recording?
 Nov 11 2011, 04:13:58 AM
I much prefer the 10th anniversary cast of Les Miserables to the original. I prefered Ruthie's Fantine to Patti's Fantine. I also love Salonga's Fantine but the rest of that cast is hit or miss and in general not up to the standard of the 10th anniversary dream cast.
Shows where the original cast album is NOT the best recording?
 Nov 11 2011, 04:13:44 AM
I much prefer the 10th anniversary cast of Les Miserables to the original. I prefered Ruthie's Fantine to Patti's Fantine. I also love Salonga's Fantine but the rest of that cast is hit or miss and in general not up to the standard of the 10th anniversary dream cast.
How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying?
 Oct 23 2011, 08:26:52 AM
Katie Rose Clarke missed a lot of performances in wicked. I saw it with her understudy and was very impressed but I later learned that she takes off many matinees. It's a valid question because some people do take days off
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/9
 Oct 11 2011, 02:27:22 PM
I'm really happy for sister act :) What a fun show! It has really been picking up steam
Gender Blind Casting?
 Oct 11 2011, 06:48:31 AM
In avenue q, hasn't gary coleman been played by both males and females?
Gender Blind Casting?
 Oct 11 2011, 06:48:21 AM
In avenue q, hasn't gary coleman been played by both males and females?
now that Glee's ratings are falling
 Oct 3 2011, 02:09:01 PM
Glee is doing worse because it decided of using clever situational comedy and good song choices (with decent performance) during the first season, the show is now preachy, self righteous, not funny, with terrible performances and HORRIBLE writing. I loved the show when it came out but season 2 was embarassing
Which cast recording could you listen to over and over again?
 Oct 3 2011, 08:43:45 AM
Next to Normal
10th Anniversary Dream Cast of Les Mis
Into the Woods
Avenue Q
The Book of Mormon

Who does NOT love GLEE?
 Sep 27 2011, 02:34:16 AM
I liked the show for season 1. I thought it was funny and they had some great covers. It is actually what started me into musicals (I had never really given them a second thought before the show). Now I don't like the show but have seen 12 broadway show and my ipod is almost entirely cast recordings, so even though glee is terrible now, I'm glad it started me into musicals.
Remembering MARIN MAZZIE in Next to Normal and BERNADETTE PETERS in A Little Night Music
 Sep 25 2011, 04:56:03 AM
I saw marin mazzie and thought she was incredible. When she sang I miss the mountains it hit me like a train.
Julia Roberts is in talks for The Normal Heart film.
 Aug 5 2011, 03:50:44 PM
oh god. After seeing ellen barkin's electrifying performance, I could not imagine julia roberts in this. and ryan murphy directing? please say it's not so....
Couple of Wicked questions from a 'brand new' Broadway fan.
 Aug 5 2011, 11:46:14 AM
When I saw wicked at a sunday matinee I saw teal wicks and a standby (can't remember here name but she was fantastic). Good luck and enjoy the show :)
Julia Murney singing 'So Anyway' from Next to Normal
 Aug 4 2011, 06:40:34 PM
wow that was fantastic. she should definitely play diana!
Sister Act Rush
 Aug 3 2011, 11:16:53 AM
I got there on a saturday in july (I think around the 10th) at 8am and was second in line for the matinee (my friend and I got 3 tickets) I think I could have gotten there at 830 or maybe 9 and gotten tickets for the matinee but I'd say get there at 8 to be safe for a matinee. It was so worth it, what a fun show!
Best and Worst Show You've Ever Seen
 Jul 31 2011, 06:19:25 PM
Best: Next to Normal, Avenue Q, Wicked, Anything Goes
Worst: The Lion King (Although I though "He lives in you reprise" was incredible, not many high points in that show.

Rush Advice
 Jul 28 2011, 08:15:24 PM
I did it on a friday the box office opened at 1pm, at 1pm there were 4 people including me, front row seats. It was a great experience
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You