News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MLE

MLE Profile Photo
Member Name: MLE
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Ethical question - taking one picture with a cell phone/camera at a pro
 Mar 29 2007, 01:52:32 PM
Sorry, D2. I didn't mean you. I was referring to Shbrt's post above yours. I actually laughed at the L&O reference. I got a mental image: cut to them searching the BWW boards after one of those bom bom's.

Mar 29 2007, 01:46:42 PM
I'm not sure if you meant me in your last post or not.
But, I have to say, that I said I don't think we, as the audience, have the right to do whatever we want. That's stupid and I already stated that. I also understand that the author/creators' rights should be protected. What I have a problem with is the sheer idiocy of some of it all. I keep coming back to the houselights example. Why does every single thing, no matter how tiny or insignificant have to be 'owned' and 'protected'?

Mar 29 2007, 01:13:48 PM
It's no more distracting than sitting by a small child, they can't sit still for longer than 4 minutes. There are so many things that can distract you. Basically, if anyone around you is anything less than a complete statue during the performance, your eye is going to be drawn from the stage at least somewhat. Still, we don't ban other annoying behavior.
 Mar 29 2007, 12:37:36 PM
Shbrt-
The only show I've even taken pictures of or recorded in anyway was my younger sister's high school play where it was not prohibited.
I haven't done it for any professional performance, I'm just not opposed to it. Why? Courtesy to those around me. How about banning seat kicking? There have been countless threads about pet peeves we all have when we go to the theatre that hinder our enjoyment. BUT, if you are not bothering anyone, there's really no disrespect.
And

Mar 29 2007, 11:53:44 AM
Fenchurch & aspiring actress -
Yes. I read this whole thread and I can't believe all of this "a law is a law" talk. I sure wish I was perfect like everyone else in this thread. I know, I know, I'm a degenerate and the scum of the Earth because I question the law and authority. It's a real problem; I should look into a 12 step program.

Sarcasm aside, it should be about courtesy and respect. Yes, flash photography is distracting and dangerous, I get that. I've experienced

re: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels Boston
 Mar 5 2007, 03:30:28 PM
I can't give you any info about the Opera House in Boston, but I saw the show in Appleton. We did rush two separate nights and got fantastic orchestra seats both times. I don't know what that exactly means for Boston, but if you show up for rush right away, I'm guessing that you should be fine.

I love the new opening number. I actually prefer it to an original. I also found the current cast to be fantastic. It's a shame that the new material and these performers don't get preserved

Patti LuPone to guest star on ABC's 'Ugly Betty'
 Mar 5 2007, 11:33:31 AM
Found a link. Only a little info, but it sounds hilarious!

re: Patti LuPone to guest star on ABC's 'Ugly Betty'
 Mar 1 2007, 02:25:52 AM
That's the best news I've heard all month!
Right now, I can't even fathom just how great those episodes will be.

re: Movie Musicals following Dreamgirls success?
 Feb 27 2007, 02:41:28 PM
Sean-
I know that a lot of films do a limited release first, but this was the strangest one I can remember. The fact that it took months for it to reach the Fox Valley/Green Bay area here in WI is insane. Sure, the population isn't quite that of Milwaukee but the market is very lucrative here. Like I said, I can't remember it taking such a high profile film like Dreamgirls so long to reach us and then disappear so quickly. It wasn't because of poor sales either, it was just plain bizarre

re: Movie Musicals following Dreamgirls success?
 Feb 26 2007, 10:29:38 PM
I think it's really the studio's own fault that they didn't make as much money as they wanted with Dreamgirls. They released it in such an odd way. It took months before we got it in theaters around here and it was gone again in a blink of an eye.
Same thing with The Queen.

re: julia murneys last day in wicked
 Feb 19 2007, 11:01:48 PM
Oh yes, what a brilliant commentary on fatherhood.
re: Is the Pirate Queen going to bomb?
 Feb 15 2007, 10:34:52 PM
Foster, you're right. This subject has already been talked to death.
I'm going to watch Sarah Silverman and hangout on the OT.

Feb 15 2007, 10:08:10 PM
I grow tired of these little snippy games. Just watch your back. I am completely sincere in that and it has nothing to do with me. If use that attitude with everyone who doesn't get what you mean in a post, you're going to run into problems.

Back to the topic on hand.
How would the line make sense like you said, if Elizabeth's romantic history were covered in the show?

Feb 15 2007, 09:35:44 PM
Nice, keep that attitude up. It will get you everywhere on BWW.

But, since you don't seem to be too skilled on picking up on subtleties, I'll just hit you over the head with it.
Elizabeth I had plenty of lovers, she was in no way deprived of male companionship or "romance" as I alluded to earlier.

Clear enough, or should I start to work on a PowerPoint for you?

Oh, and just incase you were wondering, that first part was sarcasm.

Ouch!
 Feb 15 2007, 08:58:21 PM
That doesn't mean she still didn't have "romance".
So, I don't see how that line really make a whole lot of sense.

Ouch!
 Feb 15 2007, 08:47:14 PM
I'm not crazy about that line/theme either.
Ouch!
 Feb 15 2007, 05:42:53 PM
Ah, Popular, you are right. I stand corrected. Though I still believe that it works. But that's just IMHO.
 Feb 15 2007, 05:18:33 PM
Actually, I don't believe those are the lyrics.
I think it's something like:
"I am I committing a lie"
I'm not quite sure exactly what the whole phrase is, but I know the last word of the line is 'lie' not life. Unless they changed it later or something

I didn't say that the song couldn't use some tweaking. But I think in scrapping it, there would definitely be something lost in the audience's emotional investment with Grace. Plus, as brdlwyr said, Stephanie's perform

Feb 15 2007, 04:58:30 PM
folkyboy - I saw the very first public showing. Even then, it wasn't something you could laugh at afterwards. I can tell you that it had a lot of potential. I don't see it going for years and years, but still having a pretty good run.

Of course, that's all up to the production team. Everyone in the cast has done as much as humanly possible to make the show great.
I've heard from friends who have seen the show progress in Chicago that they cut and changed a lot of the wrong things.

re: Sebastian Arcelus and Stephanie J. Block Got Engaged!
 Feb 15 2007, 01:15:28 PM
No, milie, you're right. He was with Kate Reinders just a short time ago.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You