News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ChihuahuaDad

Member Name: ChihuahuaDad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NY City Center Encores 2024 season: ONCE UPON A MATTRESS with Sutton Foster (adapted by Amy Sherman-Palladino), JELLY'S LAST JAM, and TITANIC
 Jan 26 2024, 10:45:36 PM

Christine Baranski narrates the audio book version. Highly recommend!

November 5-11th visit recommendations!
 Oct 22 2022, 10:37:22 PM

Agree with RippedMan. I also live in Louisville, and I don't see either  ASL or KA coming here. I saw Strange Loop this May and loved it. I won't be able to get back to NYC until next Spring, and I hope that Kimberly  is still running. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus
 Mar 13 2020, 10:29:21 PM

Received this tonight.

Broadway in Louisville will postpone all performances of ANASTASIA scheduled between March 17 and March 22, 2020. We ask that ticketholders please hold onto their tickets as we work to reschedule ANASTASIA in Louisville. We will be in touch as soon as possible with more information on the status of this event.

Broadway and the Coronavirus
 Mar 10 2020, 01:05:12 PM
@jiaxing_26

It was around 10:45am when I called. I'm sure call volume has increased dramatically since then. Good luck!

Mar 10 2020, 12:53:27 PM

BLs68 said: "Had anyone successfully got refunds from Telecharge? "

I called Telecharge Saturday and got a full refund for the 3/12 performance of Company. The credit has already shown up on my AmEx account. 

Mar 7 2020, 10:53:00 PM
I was able to get a full refund on a ticket to Company for Thursday 3/12 by calling Telecharge today. Good luck.
Week's Worth of Tickets for Sale (03/07/20 - 03/13/20)
 Mar 7 2020, 06:03:23 PM

@SisterGeorge "Worried more about getting quarantined out of town than about actually getting the virus as that could happen anywhere."

That was the deciding factor for me. It just wasn't worth the risk.

Mar 7 2020, 12:27:06 PM
Telecharge Customer Service issued a full refund on the ticket to Company. Ticketmaster has requested refunds for Moulin Rouge and Hadestown, and I should have an answer within 48 hours. The Metropolitan Opera gave me an account credit for future tickets good throughout the 2020-21 season. So anyone else in this situation should definitely call.
 Mar 6 2020, 10:56:48 PM

Dollypop said: "I would contact the source the tickets were purchased from. Under the circumstances, they may be willing to offer refunds or gift certificates."

Thank you for this suggestion. I had a trip scheduled for March 12-15, with tickets purchased for Company, Moulin Rouge, Hadestown, and La Traviata at the Met. I've been on the fence all week, but I just don't feel comfortable going due to my compromised immune system, as well as the fear of getti

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 2/23/20
 Feb 24 2020, 06:53:00 PM
Is this the first time Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has been below 100% capacity?
Music Man Tickets
 Jan 24 2020, 02:08:56 PM
Thanks for the info!
2020-2021 Touring Season
 Jan 14 2020, 05:17:28 PM
Received an email today saying Louisville will announce their season on March 12.
JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour
 Jan 11 2020, 10:10:22 PM

Yes, it was a fun afternoon. Sort of Broadway meets rock concert. The next show for our Broadway Across America season here will be Miss Saigon in February. I've only seen the BroadwayHD taping, so I'm very excited for this!

Jan 11 2020, 05:07:48 PM

Saw this today in Louisville. Strong vocals from all three leads. Loved the choreography. I enjoyed the stripped down production, but I think someone new to the show might not pick up on everything, due to some highly stylized moments. A little comic relief from the High Priests camping it up with their mike stands. Would definitely recommend.

The Inheritance - Previews
 Jan 7 2020, 06:10:38 AM

IdinaBellFoster said: "Has anyone bought tickets at TKTS day of? Are you able to buy both parts at once? I'm planning on seeing it this Saturday but have held off purchasing due to prices."

I've seen both parts listed at the same time on the TKTS app on two-show days, but just at the Lincoln Center location, never at Times Square, and only about one hour before Part 1 curtain. 

Jan 6 2020, 05:37:58 PM
Will do!
 Jan 6 2020, 08:05:21 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the performance dmwnc1959. The tour is in Louisville this week, and I'm seeing the Saturday matinee. I grew up listening to the 1970 recording when it was new, so it should be a nostalgic afternoon. Can't wait!

Super Shuttle cancelled at LGA/other airports?
 Jan 3 2020, 09:48:54 AM

yankeefan7 said: "It has always amazed me how expensive it is to get from LGA to Times Square area since it is less than 10 miles. I have used Super Shuttle and it was ok if you had plenty of time to get to airport. This is why I try to fly into JFK or Newark when I visit NYC so I have train options which are much cheaper."

I take the bus/subway from LGA to Times Square(Q70 and E). $2.75 and under an hour. 

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?
 Jan 2 2020, 12:17:38 PM

March trip. Have tickets for Company, Moulin Rouge and Hadestown.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You