pixeltracker

November 5-11th visit recommendations!

November 5-11th visit recommendations!

delanemb
#1November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 11:36am

Hello!

I will be in NYC November 5th-November 11th. I am trying to figure out my plan of attack on the shows I will see and needed some recommendations. I was definitely going to see Almost Famous, Kimberly Akimbo, and Leopoldstadt but needed help with the other 3-5 shows to check out. I was thinking Aint No Mo, Into the Woods, Little Shop, Beetlejuice, Music Man, MJ, 1776, Six, Strange Loop, or Phantom one last time before it closes. Or should I see &Juliet. Would rather see a show with original songs instead of covering random pop songs.  Almost maybe one of the plays like Salesman, underdog, piano lesson. 

I live in Louisville and Six will be in our 2023-2024 Broadway series or else that would be my definite see. I saw Hadestown and Moulin Rouge in 2019. 

Should I get tickets to all shows in advance or take my chances with rush/lottery or limited availability while I'm in the city? First time back in NYC since covid so wasn't sure how packed the crowds were bc the ticket sites show only a few tickets left for all shows but a cousin went to Into the Woods a couple weeks ago and said the mezzanine was half full. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Updated On: 9/23/22 at 11:36 AM

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#2November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 11:39am

If you want to see Phantom, it might behoove you to get your tickets ahead of time. I bought tickets for a matinee in January a couple days ago, and the seats were already sparse. The show is selling like hotcakes now that people know it's going to be closing, so you might risk not getting a seat if you try the rush or lottery. 

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

inception Profile Photo
inception
#3November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 1:56pm

If I was 9n the city on those dates I would beg, borrow, or steal in order to get tickets to see Parade at City Center with Micaela Diamond and Ben Platt.

I'm pretty sure for this he won't be costumed like a member of Nsync or the Backstreet Boys.

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#4November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 7:09pm

BEETLEJUICE since it's closing and Alex Brightman is not to be missed.

A STRANGE LOOP is a MUST see 

the current LITTLE SHOP is quite good

Strange Lupone
#5November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 7:10pm

I grabbed a Thursday matinee (11/17) tik to Phantom when the post announced the rumor. Second row. $140. After the Times confirmed, the seats next to mine jumped to over $200. That said, I just looked and the Thursday matinee may be the way to go. PLENTY of seats (though list of them premium). In addition, the alternate Christine does matinees. At least, I think.

Anyhiw, I’m excited. Haven’t seen it since the original cast in 88!

Updated On: 9/23/22 at 07:10 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#6November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 9:19pm

delanemb said: "Hello!

I will be in NYC November 5th-November 11th. I am trying to figure out my plan of attack on the shows I will see and needed some recommendations. I was definitely going to see Almost Famous, Kimberly Akimbo, and Leopoldstadt but needed help with the other 3-5 shows to check out. I was thinking Aint No Mo, Into the Woods, Little Shop, Beetlejuice, Music Man, MJ, 1776, Six, Strange Loop, or Phantom one last time before it closes. Or should I see &Juliet. Would rather see a show with original songs instead of covering random pop songs. Almost maybe one of the plays like Salesman, underdog, piano lesson.

I live in Louisville and Six will be in our 2023-2024 Broadway series or else that would be my definite see. I saw Hadestown and Moulin Rouge in 2019.

Should I get tickets to all shows in advance or take my chances with rush/lottery or limited availability while I'm in the city? First time back in NYC since covid so wasn't sure how packed the crowds were bc the ticket sites show only a few tickets left for all shows but a cousin went to Into the Woods a couple weeks ago and said the mezzanine was half full.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
"

Funny Girl w/ Lea Michele, Into the Woods, Some Like it Hot, KPOP and Phantom

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 9/24/22 at 09:19 PM

Azbroadway16
#7November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/23/22 at 11:15pm

First off nice work planning to see Almost Famous! I think people are going to be very surprised by it. Saw it San Diego back in 2019 and it was spectacular. I am going to see it again next month. As for your other options: I saw Into The Woods, Beetlejuice, and Little Shop Of Horrors last month and all 3 were fantastic. I would definitely try to see Beetlejuice as both Alex Brightman and Elizabeth Teeter are amazing in it. If you can afford it Music Man is worth seeing too. Also I have heard great things about MJ. I’m actually going to see MJ and Music Man along with Almost Famous next month.

BwayinVan
#8November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/28/22 at 12:23am

I echo what Others have said about going to see Funny Girl. It was the last addition to my line up this week and I think it was the best given Lea’s performance. I saw both Death of a Salesman and the Piano Lesson this week and both have their strengths and weaknesses. You can’t go wrong with either but if I had to pick one I’d pick Piano Lesson because of who is in the cast but Salesman is a meatier play overall. If I had to pick 4 shows based on what you said I go ITW, Six, Funny Girl, Piano Lesson

JasonC3
#9November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 9/28/22 at 5:24am

I'd opt for Salesman over The Piano Lesson as it is unknown if you'll see such accomplished and compelling Black actors as the Lomans again on Broadway and it brings new meaning to a well-known text.

delanemb
#10November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 9:58pm

OK, I am down to my final show for the week for Saturday evening November 5th and needing recommendations.  

During my trip I will be seeing Beetlejuice, Phantom, Little Shop, Leopoldstadt, Almost Famous, and Into the Woods. I was thinking about getting tickets for MJ or maybe just waiting til the day of and getting a random show from TKTS/today tix. 

I saw Moulin Rouge and Hadestown in 2019. Have seen Hamilton, Wicked, Lion King, Mormon, and Kinky, Six is coming to Louisville next season on the tour. 

I was thinking a play, MJ, Aint No Mo, Kimberly Akimbo, Neil Diamond, or Strange Loop. I would like to see Music Man but prices are just too high. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#11November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 10:01pm

Go see first preview of either A Christmas Carol or Ohio State Murders.

Oh look, a bibu!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 10:04pm

I'd say go see A Strange Loop. It won the Tony and the Pulitzer. It's not likely to tour to Louisville whereas something like MJ is probably going to make its way to you - and is likely to be around on your next trip. But if that doesn't interest you, I'd say Kimberly since it's likely to be the Tony front runner and who knows what commercial appeal it has outside of NYC. 

ChihuahuaDad
#13November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 10:37pm

Agree with RippedMan. I also live in Louisville, and I don't see either  ASL or KA coming here. I saw Strange Loop this May and loved it. I won't be able to get back to NYC until next Spring, and I hope that Kimberly  is still running. Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Updated On: 10/22/22 at 10:37 PM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#14November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 11:02pm

Kimberly Akimbo or A Strange Loop. Both are excellent. As mentioned, A Strange Loop is not likely to tour extensively so I would probably suggest seeing it. Have a great trip!

Just give the world Love.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#15November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/22/22 at 11:24pm

I think Beetlejuice with Alex, Leslie and really, the entire cast, is hilariously funny. I loved A Strange Loop and I think KPOP seems to be an audience favorite on BWW, so I think those 3 are must sees. Better to have tickets bought in advance, except for Strange Loop, that tix seem to be available last minute.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#16November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/23/22 at 6:12pm

In case it helps your planning - Almost Famous has a matinee on Thursday 10th

BETTY22
#17November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/23/22 at 6:33pm

Leopoldstadt

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#18November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/23/22 at 7:24pm

delanemb said: "OK, I am down to my final show for the week for Saturday evening November 5th and needing recommendations.

During my trip I will be seeing Beetlejuice, Phantom, Little Shop, Leopoldstadt, Almost Famous, and Into the Woods. I was thinking about getting tickets for MJ or maybe just waiting til the day of and getting a random show from TKTS/today tix.

I saw Moulin Rouge and Hadestown in 2019. Have seen Hamilton, Wicked, Lion King, Mormon, and Kinky, Six is coming to Louisville next season on the tour.

I was thinking a play, MJ, Aint No Mo, Kimberly Akimbo, Neil Diamond, or Strange Loop. I would like to see Music Man but prices are just too high.
"

Don't miss Lea Michele in Funny Girl - you will regret it if you don't see it!

https://funnygirlonbroadway.com/

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#19November 5-11th visit recommendations!
Posted: 10/23/22 at 7:28pm

Do not miss A Strange Loop.