News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mybestaudition

Member Name: mybestaudition
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A Christmas Story Marquee  Aug 30 2012, 01:32:07 PM
Dogfight and A Christmas Story sound nothing alike. But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
A Christmas Story Marquee  Aug 30 2012, 12:28:35 PM
The show is actually quite charming. I saw it on tour last year for free. I enjoyed it so much I purchased tickets to take my relatives over the holidays. I think the score is a lot of fun! (You wouldn't believe that it's the same composers as Dogfight. It's nice to see they are versatile.) The book is good, not perfect, but not painful at all. And from what I understand, they've been working on since the tour last year.

I've seen Elf, Grinch and A Christmas Story and I can tell you th

N2N Arizona Theatre Co. / San Jose Repertory  Aug 28 2012, 09:22:12 PM
I think Kendra will be incredible. Joe Cassidy was great as Dan way back when if was still Feeling Electric.

I wish I could see this!

If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet  Aug 26 2012, 11:34:09 PM
Just got home from this show...

...so what was it about?

Annoying Actor Friend...  Aug 25 2012, 06:07:28 PM
Hilarious.

https://twitter.com/Actor_Friend

Also potentially hilarious. (At least I hope this is a spoof. If not, this kid needs a spanking.)

https://twitter.com/BwayChildStar

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 25 2012, 01:05:32 PM
Followspot: When I did Play by Play, it was mostly Off-Broadway (Voca People ALL THE TIME) and Birdland, Duplex, Roseland events. Broadway would pop up, but usually only if a show was REALLY struggling. I think the most "popular" show I ever saw on PbyP was Mandy and Patti's show and I was in the back corner of the balcony. The mezzanine was practically empty, so we all moved down once the show began.
TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 25 2012, 11:16:39 AM
Back to the comparison of TDF and TM Gold... This weekend TDF has Peter and the Starcatcher up. I've NEVER seen it on TM Gold. Also Clybourne Park has been on TDF consistently, and it's not been on TM Gold, except for one or two days during previews.

So I advocate memberships to both.

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 25 2012, 11:03:12 AM
Also, I want to second whoever it was that mentioned how great TM Gold's customer service is. There is a phone number you can call if you have an issue and someone ALWAYS picks up. Also, they respond to emails within 30 minutes.

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 25 2012, 11:01:10 AM
For those asking about TDF vs TM Gold, it's not really something to compare. What I do is try and wait for TM Gold to have a certain show. If it never pops up, or its a date I can't attend, and I don't want to wait, then I check TDF. Clearly paying $4.50 vs $45 for a ticket is a better deal, and as someone else said, my TM Gold tickets are always in better locations than my TDF tickets.

That said, TM Gold doesn't offer everything. TDF will often have more dates available and some of th

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 24 2012, 04:52:08 PM
Gold tickets are $4.50 each. You can buy 1 or 2. You do not know your seats ahead of time, but I've ALWAYS been in great orchestra seats, and once in the front row center of the mezzanine.
TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Aug 23 2012, 08:43:34 PM
I've done Play by Play and am currently doing Theatre Mania Gold.

Play by Play was not worth it for me, but I'm really only interested in theatre. There is some theatre, but a lot of alternative entertainment, like Birdland. I guess it's worth it if you think you want a mix of theatre and cabarets/concerts/etc. Also, with Play by Play my seats were ALWAYS in the balcony.

I've LOVED TheatreMania Gold. My seats are ALWAYS orchestra (except once when I was in the front row of t

Uncle Vanya (SoHo Rep) Rush  Aug 20 2012, 01:50:35 PM
A line usually starts around 3 hours before the show. They have been getting in a couple people per show. Tickets are $50, cash only.

It's TOTALLY worth it. I've seen it four times, twice with pre purchased tickets, twice by waiting in the cancellation line. Ive never seen anyone get in from the cancellation line who wasn't there AT LEAST two hours early. So be prepared to wait.

Scandalous artwork  Aug 16 2012, 10:54:03 AM
Just because Kathie keeps changing the title, doesn't make it a better show. I think she just doesn't want people to google the reviews.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thearts/2016574400_thr22aimee.html

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946433

No leads in Into the Woods...?  Jul 21 2012, 11:28:26 PM
According to Equity all of the named roles are principal roles and therefore on principal contracts. When I did the show at one of the big regional theaters they considered the Witch, Jack, Little Red, Cinderella, Baker and Baker's Wife the "leads" (i.e. private dressing rooms, etc.) and everyone else was supporting (though everyone was paid on a principal contract). But I think it just depends on the theatre and the contract.
Leaving Evita at intermission  Jul 11 2012, 04:08:03 PM
Quite a few people walked out at intermission on Sunday when Elena and Daniel Torres were on. While I found them both to be horrendous, the rest of the show was beautiful and the ensemble was strong. Surprisingly, I was able to enjoy EVITA without enjoying Eva or Che.
Uncle Vanya at Soho Rep: Extending?  Jul 9 2012, 07:50:12 PM
The people at the front of the line said they arrived at 11:30 am. I was the second to last person to get in (there are only 70 seats) and I arrived at 1:40 pm. The line was all the way down the block and around the corner. People were still showing up at 6:30 thinking they would get in. I would say the majority of the line showed up around 3 pm.

Take a blanket and a cooler and chill all day. You can check the cooler at coat check. It's well worth waiting all day to see the show.

Rumor: Ghost to post notice, Saving Aimee taking the Lunt Fontanne  Jun 28 2012, 11:55:20 PM
A Christmas Story is going in to a Jujamcyn.
Rumor: Ghost to post notice, Saving Aimee taking the Lunt Fontanne  Jun 28 2012, 10:46:45 PM
If by "successful" you mean it opened and ran then, yes. But it was not good. It was actually quite awful.
Uncle Vanya at Soho Rep: Extending?  Jun 28 2012, 10:44:44 PM
The production was INCREDIBLE. I encourage everyone to go!
Storefront Church  Jun 27 2012, 06:01:43 PM
Yeah, that was two and half hours I'll never get back. I went for free and it still wasn't worth it.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You