Scandalous artwork

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#1Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 3:00pm

I like it! Looks a tad like a Desperate Housewives poster
http://www.scandalousonbroadway.com/

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

Playbilly Profile Photo
Playbilly
#2Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 3:10pm

I'm surprised "the NEW Kathie Lee Gifford musical" isn't somewhere on it.

Looks too much like a TV show promotion to me.

"Through The Sacrifice You Made, We Can't Believe The Price You Paid..For Love!"

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#2Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:13pm

I like it! That apple is freakishly large looking. Lol.

broadwaybabytn Profile Photo
broadwaybabytn
#3Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:16pm

I love that Carolee has above-the-title billing.

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
#4Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:30pm

I know I'm not supposed to be, but considering the cast and subject matter... and Kathie Lee Epstein aside... I'm excited about this show. Scandalous artwork

"Tracy... Hold Mama's waffles."
Updated On: 8/14/12 at 04:30 PM

tphiliboy152
#5Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:32pm

I like the artwork! I wonder if that will be the playbill cover?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:44pm

That artwork looks like an ad for a Lifetime network movie. If the artwork contains three-dimensional block lettering and bling, then you know they're already cutting corners on creativity.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#7Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:52pm

Has anyone seen the show? Is it any good?

I'll take the wind and soar.

random person 112
#8Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 4:59pm

If i remember right it got very mixed reviews. Sub-par lyrics, a ugly set, but Carolee got absolute raves, as did Judy Kaye who played her mother.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#9Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 5:11pm

I was expecting to see the ABC logo somewhere on the website. Now, I have one question. Is the show going to be billed as "Scandalous?" Or, is the show going to be billed as "The Life and Trails of Aimee Semple McPherson Scandalous?"

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

random person 112
#10Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 5:13pm

It is billed as Scandalous, but the full title is Scanndalous: The Life and Trails of Aimee Semple McPherson.

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#11Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 5:35pm

I agree that the artwork looks more like a tv movie than a staged theatrical production. Then again, it makes sense-it's very Kathy Lee Epstein-ish.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#12Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 6:16pm

I like it! It's simple, in a good way.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#13Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 6:22pm

I actually really love it.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#14Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 7:36pm

It's terrible and tells me nothing about the show.
With that logo I expect the story is about Snow White or Adam and Eve.

matineeidol2013
#15Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 7:46pm

huh....so do we think Gifford's checkbook is the reason this show made the move? It doesnt really have much appeal...

GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#16Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 7:56pm

I don't know what 1920s clouds, hands and apples looked like, but I'm sure they didn't look like this.

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#17Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:05pm

I see that the website has some pictures up from the Seattle production. And that there are no less than three pictures of Ed Watts shirtless...

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

random person 112
#18Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:10pm

matinee if your interested in who is financing the piece this article goes into detail. It has some very conservative, religious, billionaires behind it.
financing

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#19Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 8:16pm

That hand irks me for some reason, too smooth almost alien. Think the whole design looks really cheap.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

matineeidol2013
#20Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 11:27pm

ahhh quite interesting. thank you random person!

Proper Villain Profile Photo
Proper Villain
#21Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/13/12 at 11:48pm

I like it too - been a good season so far for logos n such (not counting Chaplin).

"Are we being attacked or entertained?" - MST3K My theatre poster/logo portfolio: http://www.listenterprises.com/

JohnyBroadway
#22Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/14/12 at 2:07am

This looks like Scandolous : The untold story of Snow White!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#23Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/14/12 at 2:48am

Kathie Lee promoted the show like crazy on this morning's episode. Honestly, some of the music sounds pretty catchy. And it looks like Carolee is going to be a force of nature.

TxTwoStep Profile Photo
TxTwoStep
#24Scandalous artwork
Posted: 8/14/12 at 3:17am

read many drafts when it was called HURRICANE i believe, pre-Seattle. i hear it improved a lot there. i like her sense of melody fine but not the lyrix then or the libretto, though i find Aimee's story fascinating. i have demos of Carolee and she does indeed sound amazing but i don't think it's Kaye on those too...love me some Eds in that workshop though, Mr. Watts and Mr. Dixon. This title change is interesting and provocative i think. i also saw Dixon in her show UNDER THE BRIDGE or UNDERNEATH, or such, at the Zipper, based on a story or novel about a French family who were homeless under a Paris bridge and the old man who they encountered. Dixon was opposite the always vocally powerful and good actress Jacqui Piro. Pretty charming with good perfs, and again some lovely music (can't recall if it was hers or a collaborator's) if not quite inspired lyrics. Kathie can come off like a slight cartoon for sure, but she has musical talent and drive to do this. i am hoping for the best, honestly. She was of course at the perf of BRIDGE and was charming in the lobby afterward, coming in after lights up to not distract from the real acting company; her notoriety can attract money and PR of course, and this project seems maybe a bit more worthy of it than that one.

Will: They don't give out awards for helping people be gay... unless you count the Tonys. "I guarantee that we'll have tough times. I guarantee that at some point one or both of us will want to get out. But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine, I'll regret it for the rest of my life..."
Updated On: 8/14/12 at 03:17 AM