News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicals1989

Member Name: musicals1989
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cabaret script  Dec 29 2020, 04:43:17 PM

You have a prompt book that was used during a licensed production. It has no connection to the broadway production. It's worth nothing. First Class Productions (Broadway/Tour) do not use those. 

Honestly-- it was against the law to keep it and not return it to Tams after that production was over. 

Glinda’s bubble.  Sep 24 2020, 11:06:04 PM

Gamiller46204 said: "Would Glinda’s bubble be attached to a track or wires throughout OZ or would it function more like a drone? I don’t recall the musical or the book discussing the mechanics behind it."

It's. A. Bubble. 

"Beauty and the Beast" Overture  Sep 16 2020, 11:58:51 PM

The overture for the movie is not the same as the stage version. 

I don't think it was ever recorded on any of the cast recordings. 

Here is a pretty good live recording, though--LINK

Seeing Kate Baldwin in Concert Tonight  Sep 5 2020, 10:35:18 PM

I watched the live stream. It was a wonderful concert. I can't even IMAGINE what it must have been like to be there in person. 

That arrangement of NEW YORK, NEW YORK will forever be one of my favorite things. 

Sheet music for Hadestown?  Sep 5 2020, 09:59:42 PM

Nothing has been published.

Into The Woods In Quarantine  May 3 2020, 12:03:13 AM

I made this one for my cancelled production of Parade... More to come soon. 

Megan Meyer: "A Change in Me" (Broadway Princess Party)  Feb 9 2020, 04:41:28 PM

Eh. Not a fan. She's struggling on those upper belt notes. 

Rocky Horror Show Revival (2000)  Aug 12 2019, 12:55:38 AM

Rob120 said: "Yes, the entire score was re-orchestrated and vocal parts rearranged, however when you license the show you are given lead sheets instead of full charts so there is no “set” orchestration to the show. Every version is different. If you listen to a couple of cast recordings you will immediately notice the differences."

This is not entirely true. The licensed ROCKY HORROR is NOT the Revival Version of the show. You receive the revised tour tha

Charlie just canceled Charlote tour stop  Jul 21 2019, 04:00:28 PM

Yes. The tour is going Non-Eq. I have a friend involved in the Equity tour and he said he last stop is Tampa in October. 

Hardest Roles Currently on Broadway  Jul 14 2019, 12:55:00 AM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Say what you will aboutDear Evan Hansen, but when Ben Platt has to go to physical therapy to keep from picking up the tics and body tension the character has, you have to admit that's a taxing role."

Ben has had those ticks and tension in EVERY role he's played. That's just Ben "acting".... 

What were your favorite musical showstopper moments this season?  Jun 8 2019, 04:18:44 PM

Beth Leavel's THE LADY'S IMPROVING in The Prom. 

Original stars who could never be replaced  Mar 28 2019, 11:18:59 PM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "
Alice ripley in next two normal
Barbra is funny girl
Idina and Kristin in wicked
Colm Wilkinson in les mis
Patti lupone in evita"

what.....

Marin replaced Alice and was STUNNING. 

There have been MANY replacements in Wicked that were BETTER than Idina and Kristin. 

this thread is a joke. 

Easier orchestration for high school  Mar 10 2019, 12:15:40 PM
Orchestrations are not modified for licensing. What you get is what was done on Broadway (sometimes, you’ll get a reduced version, but those are often harder because they are playing more).

Find some ringers to play with the kids.

Be More Chill Orchestrations Drama  Mar 9 2019, 11:44:17 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "I just realized: Michael Chorney co-orchestrated the music for Hadestown and played guitar in the band. Does this rule also cover Off-Broadway shows?"

No. The Broadway CBA is different than Off-Broadway. 

Stephanie J. Block back at The Cher Show?  Mar 9 2019, 11:42:38 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "Charlie Williams posted on his instagram that he is going on for Greg Allman. He made it seem like it is permanent."

Nothing about his posts made me think it was permanent...

He is on again tomorrow, though. 

Why don't my broadway programs say playbill on them?  Feb 6 2019, 10:29:43 PM

Playbill is a brand. If the venue chooses not to use Playbill to print their programs, that's their choice. It has nothing to do with the production. 

16y/o Jimmy Award Winner is Bway's Next Evan Hansen  Feb 1 2019, 10:45:27 PM

RWPrincess said: "I asked this question a couple days ago as well. Here in the US, there is usually a child guardian and an understudy at theater so I’ve been wondering if Michael Lee Brown is backstage when Andrew performs. I do not know what the cutoff age is though for someone to require a child guardian."

MLB is an Alternate and understudy, so yes...he is there for every performance. There's usually a clause that says once the show starts they have to b

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019  Jul 14 2018, 07:45:46 PM

I'd KILL for Casey as Fiyero, but he's definitely stuck filming Riverdale for the next couple of months. There's no way he'd be going into the show next week. 

I don't doubt that he's on the shortlist, thought---after that "Out Of Oz" video with Jackie Burns. 

Jeremy Jordan Coming Back to Broadway?  Jun 29 2018, 10:40:17 PM

Jeremy is NOT a dancer. 

Resources for band parts  May 31 2018, 06:12:17 PM

The actual licensing companies. MTI, TRW, Tams, R&H. ..... Because anything else is against the law. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You