News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for amourdujour

amourdujour Profile Photo
Member Name: amourdujour
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney Audition Questions
 May 12 2008, 11:07:25 AM
Hey guys, this is Cat. I'm planning on auditioning for a few Disney shows/cruises and it says to prepare a contemporary musical theater piece that demonstrates lots of character. I'm female, soprano to high E and I have a high belt, I'm 20, and in terms of look I'm blond and thin. Now I know they won't want Disney songs. The first song that came to my mind was Popular from Wicked, but these days Wicked is so overused in auditions. Another thought was Not For The Life of Me from Thoroughly Modern
re: Phantom Recording
 Jun 23 2005, 12:55:52 AM
That was easy! Thank you!
re: Phantom's Hugh Panaro Tapped for Lead in B'way-Bound Lestat
 Jun 23 2005, 12:54:36 AM
I just saw Hugh today in Phantom! I absolutely adored him. He's fantastic and he really really made the show. I wish he would come out for autographs, though, cuz I stood there waiting!
Phantom Recording
 Jun 23 2005, 12:48:17 AM
I know it's been discussed, but I just saw Phantom today (for the first time, and I fell in love) and I just wanted to know what parts are recorded. I'm pretty sure one part is when the Phantom first takes Christine to his lair, but what else?
re: Phantom Movie- HUH??
 May 22 2005, 01:17:47 PM
I always thought it was little Giry and Raoul. shows how much I know!
re: Level of your eye?
 May 22 2005, 01:14:41 PM
That's right! That's always what I thought it meant when I saw the movie and heard the soundtrack, but I just wanted to verify it with "the experts." Thanks guys. Now I won't have to concentrate on that when I see the show next month.

Is it a good cast right now?

re: Apprentice The Musical
 May 22 2005, 01:12:39 PM
You know what? I think it could work! As silly and stupid as it seems, they really could pull it off. As long as it's not exactly like the show. You know, stick a love story in there, some scandal, wrap it up with some relatively catchy music with witty lyrics and you juuuuust might have something. Unless they put everything exactly where it needs to be, it will just be a flop, but I say don't give up on it just yet. Broadway is unpredictable!
Level of your eye?
 May 22 2005, 01:07:38 PM
Why does the Phantom insist on Raoul keeping his hands at the level of his eye? I never caught that. I'm in the middle of reading the novel of Phantom, but I'm only in the middle of it.

re: big audition time
 May 16 2005, 10:14:39 PM
"the auditors will be impressed if you seem to be interested in more than a 5 year span of theater history."

good point kitkat

re: If You Could Dine With Any Broadway Star, Who Would You Pick?
 May 16 2005, 10:12:20 PM
I change my vote. Fred Estaire. He is my love.
re: Hair Color and You
 May 16 2005, 10:10:00 PM
I;ve seen it happen, the blonde casting, but it's never happened to me, and I'm blonde.
re: big audition time
 May 16 2005, 10:06:38 PM
Think of me = overdone

One that had landed me many a good role is "Not For The Life Of Me" from Thoroughly Modern Millie.

re: If You Could Dine With Any Broadway Star, Who Would You Pick?
 May 16 2005, 10:01:34 PM
Hank Azaria, cuz we totally bonded. Haha!
re: Dirty Rotten Egos and All Shook Up
 May 15 2005, 11:59:43 PM
Ew, there were these nasty ratty kids there who were getting multiple bills signed. I overheard them talking about getting money off of them. How rude! They were all pushing me and stuff. I was thinking, go away your gross and skeevy and ugly. These guys are nice enough to spend their extra time to sign fans bills, and you're taking advantage of it in a bad way.
re: Dirty Rotten Egos and All Shook Up
 May 15 2005, 11:46:09 PM
I've said this before, but I got a hug from Hank Azaria. I asked him to do his Apu voice, and he did the accent, saying " Icould but I usually charge money. No seriusly, give me money!" and I told him I'd give him a hug, and he said "i'll take that. that's better than money." So nice!
re: Spamalot News
 May 15 2005, 10:47:28 PM
so when does he leave? i want to try to see the show again, but with the whole cast. do you think they'd be there after his hiatus, or will people be gone by then?
 May 15 2005, 10:40:57 PM
when is azaria's hiatus???
re: Artful Dodger
 May 15 2005, 10:31:35 PM
Any middle school age
 May 15 2005, 10:27:57 PM
When is his hiatus?
re: Passionella- Chenoweth.
 May 15 2005, 10:24:44 PM
She really is great. Acting genius (hello, West Wing?), opera diva, belter extraorinaire, and cute. Why am I not trying to kill her out of jealousy?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You