News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MyMeredithMonster

MyMeredithMonster Profile Photo
Member Name: MyMeredithMonster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

LGBTQ+ Tropes in Musical Theater
 Jun 5 2018, 12:21:47 PM

There are also Logainne's married fathers in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Carl and Dan.

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread
 Mar 19 2018, 01:00:45 PM

I was able to get much better seats, so I will be returning three tickets for Dress Circle row C (center on aisle) for 8/26.  They should show up soon if anyone is interested.

Feb 22 2018, 09:11:00 AM

Muffinman said: "Hey guys,

As such, I now have 2 spare, Dress Circle tickets to parts 1 & 2. I've got in touch with Ticketmaster, who will only accept a return of the 4 tickets together, and can't reissue just two of them straight back to me.
!
"

Sometimes Ticketmaster really drives me nuts.  This is a prime example.  I have three tickets for August and we've recently found out that my father may not be able to attend.  I

Feb 13 2018, 03:08:44 PM

Just a heads up for anyone who might be looking for premium tickets in August.  I've just cancelled my seats for August 25th Dress Circle L Row C seats 1, 3 and 5 (due to errors when buying tickets which left me with extra tickets).  They should be back up on Ticketmaster shortly.

Feb 8 2018, 04:32:15 PM

Seating question... so, during all of the chaos/errors, I somehow ended up with two sets of tickets for the same weekend (one on Saturday and one on Sunday).  One set is for Dress Circle Center Row C Seats 114-116.  The other is for Dress Circle Left Row C Seats 1-5.  Anyone know which would be better seats for this theatre/show? 

Feb 8 2018, 01:44:11 PM

FlySkyHigh said: "Did anyone get an error saying their card was not accepted? I’ve double and triple checked the number and I have the money in my account. I’m having nightmares trying to talk to someone in customer service. Needless to say I’m very frustrated. If I can even get this resolved, I’m sure the tix I want will no longer be there."

I had a whole bunch of this nonsense! Tried multiple times for a couple of different days and alwa

Feb 8 2018, 11:04:39 AM
I have 16,000 ahead of me.. oh boy..
Harry Potter access code?
 Feb 7 2018, 01:46:30 PM

I'm bummed to hear about all the trouble everyone is having!  I got stuck on standby both times, so, no code for me... I really want to see this show in October or November, but I doubt there will be much (if anything) left tomorrow. 

Add me to the list of those seeking unused codes.  I'd love to try for some dates if anyone isn't using theirs.  Thanks either way and good luck to all those trying for tickets!

What good musicals for drunks and potheads
 Jul 25 2017, 11:11:06 AM

Reefer Madness.

Roles That Require Playing More Than One Designated Character
 Jan 10 2017, 12:01:26 PM

Thought of another one.  In Reefer Madness (LA/Broadway), Robert Torti played both Jack and Jesus.  This wasn't the case in the movie, but the movie actually had more role splitting.  In the movie Alan Cumming played multiple roles (Lecturer, Goat Man, Roosevelt, etc), Steven Weber was Jack/George Washington, John Kasir was Ralph/Uncle Sam, and Amy Spanger was Sally/Lady Liberty.

Jan 10 2017, 11:52:58 AM

I'm not sure if this is always the case, but when I saw Evil Dead the Musical two performers had duel roles : Shelly/Annie and Ed/"Moose".

Jan 10 2017, 08:41:26 AM

Another one:

Great Comet has the actor playing Andrey also playing his father, Old Prince Bolkonsky.

Jan 10 2017, 08:36:14 AM

Several actors in Batboy are playing more than one role (Sheriff/Delia, Rick/Lorraine/Mr. Dillon, Ron/Maggie/Clem, Ruthie/Ned, Mrs Taylor/Rev Billy Hightower/Institute Man, Daisy/Bud/Pan/Doctor)

Also, Spelling Bee has some of them doubling as well (Rona Lisa doubles as Olive's mother, Mitch doubles as both Olive's father and one of Logainne's fathers, Leaf doubles as Logainne's other father).

*edited for typos

In need of hilarious audition song for teen female
 Dec 28 2016, 08:57:49 AM

"I Speak Six Languages" from Spelling Bee might be a good one if she has some other talents she can incorporate as well.

10 Best Movie Adaptations of Musicals
 Dec 27 2016, 09:33:55 AM

Hedwig, Little Shop, and Cabaret are easily my top three, but I must admit that I love Reefer Madness.  It's good, silly fun.

nudity on broadway
 Dec 27 2016, 09:29:13 AM

Unless I'm remembering this wrong, the actor playing Lucy in the 2006 Roundabout production of Threepenny Opera lifted his skirt to display full frontal male nudity mid-show.  Maybe he had hose on or something ?  It's been over 10 years, so it's hard to recall exactly.

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Dec 22 2016, 09:21:58 AM

boonanas said: "I sat in the very last row of the mezzanine and I got.... a DUMPLING thrown at me.  Also... they tend to give entire rows the maraca eggs.. my row wasn't one of them. Great little keepsakes.

"

The entire front row of the mezz got the shakers when I was there as well.  So, I did receive a shaker and a letter though I did not receive a dumpling.  I did see dumplings being thrown at the far left aisle of the mezz (thrown back to

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews
 Dec 21 2016, 12:01:31 PM

Theatricality said: "Not sure if this has been asked before or not, so I apologize if it has. Does anyone know where the best seats are to get a letter in the beginning of the second act? When I saw Great Comet, I sat in the front mezz and saw a woman throw a bunch of letters to the orchestra seats from above. Wasn't sure if the seats that are below the overhanging mezz would be best.

"

I sat in the front row of the mezz (left center) and I receive

Best Confrontational/Argumentative Duets?
 Dec 19 2016, 08:54:11 AM

If You Were Gay from Avenue Q

We Can Do It from The Producers

Breaking News: Who Will Get Christian Borle's Golden Tickets? Full Cast Announced for CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY
 Dec 19 2016, 08:41:11 AM

Yeah, I too find this very bizarre.  Why is Charlie the only one to be played by a child?  Won't that make the adult casting for the rest of them feel even more off?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You