News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SingOutLouise3

Member Name: SingOutLouise3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Show-Score Discontinuing Member Nights
 Mar 24 2024, 11:05:42 AM

It looks like my Water for Elephants review was removed, along with all the other reviews posted during previews. This changes their average score and removes any signs of a score lower than 70. 

Also, they moved my off Broadway review of Hell’s Kitchen to the Broadway production, so if I see it on Broadway it won’t be an updated review of the current production. 

I am a fan of Show Score and TodayTix which acquired them. It seems like some of their decisio

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES Previews
 Jan 14 2024, 12:40:05 PM

Saw this last night (Saturday, 1/13, house left orchestra, row L). 

I’m glad I saw it! Yes, it’s devastating, heartbreaking and I was in emotional knots by the end. It took me a couple songs to get into the sound Guettel has created for this story, but after that, the score along with Craig Lucas’ book worked for me.  

For anyone touched by alcoholism this will be a tough one IMO. Their love is entangled with their drinking … we watch the

What Are Your “Must See’s” if the new season?
 Jun 18 2023, 01:13:40 PM
  • Merrily We Roll Along
  • Prayer for the French Republic
  • The Wiz 
  • Buena Vista Social Club (Atlantic) 
  • Hell’s Kitchen (Public) 
  • Three Houses (Signature) 
  • Possibly Jelly’s Last Jam or Titanic (Encores City Center) 
  • Possibly Harmony (if they make significant changes since I saw it downtown) 

Rumors I hope will come true:

• Cabaret (West End transfer) 
  • Chess 
2022 Broadway Real Estate
 Mar 3 2023, 01:52:52 PM

troynow said: "Well here is the dreaded time of year where old shows move on and new shows move in. Forgive me if someone has started the new thread I did not see it.

SHUBERT THEATRE

Spring: POTUS starring Vanessa Willams

Fall: Spring Some Like it Hot

BROADHURST THEATRE

SPRING: A Beautiful Noise

LONGACRE:

SPRING: Macbeth

FALL:

BOOTH THEATRE

SPRING: For Colored Girls

For Sale - 2 Tix to Parade at 8pm - Center Orchestra - Cheap
 Feb 23 2023, 05:33:30 PM

Sent you DM

Ticket for Kimberly Akimbo tonight up for grabs
 Feb 22 2023, 05:56:15 PM

Sent you a DM

Unpopular Ratings. Share Your Opinions Respectfully Please.
 Dec 17 2022, 08:42:33 AM

Into the Woods, Encores ***** 

Downstate ***** 

Kimberly Akimbo Off Broadway & Broadway ****

Company ****

Funny Girl performances not production: Beanie **, Julie ***, Lea ***** and I’m not a big Lea fan. 

Chess (Entertainment Community Fund concert) *** I’m a huge fan of the score, my first time seeing/ hearing it live. Tough score, but a few of the leads had problems with the songs including not being able

Your 2022 Broadway & Beyond Recaps
 Dec 17 2022, 07:23:14 AM

I was so happy to see so many shows this year. I spent my theater budget splurging on a few shows and was able to see many more through more low budget options Highlights: Into the Woods at City Center, Kimberly Akimbo, Downstate, Funny Girl (Lea Michele), A Strange Loop, Leopoldstadt, Prayer for the French Revolution, Death of a Salesman, Cost of Living , Company, Parade

Into the Woods: Heather Headley, Sara Bareillis (Moments)

Kimberly Akimbo: Off Broadway & Broadway. Mill

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
 Nov 5 2022, 04:06:23 PM

My friend is selling two tickets center orchestra, row G I think, for Parade 11/5, 8pm. $225 each ticket. we can meet you at the theater and give you the tix‬. He is about to also post them on Craig’s list. 

THE MUSIC MAN Previews
 Jun 1 2022, 01:33:26 PM

I have an extra free ticket for a “Town Hall” with Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster from The Music Man at the Winter Garden, June 2, check in 1:15pm, event begins at 2:45pm. This in NOT a ticket to see The Music Man, I’m guessing this is an interview (maybe a chance for the audience to ask questions). Vax, ID, masks required. Feel free to send me PM before 5pm today. 

2022 Broadway Real Estate
 May 21 2022, 11:48:23 AM

I know some of you have amazing intel! Does anyone have updates on Broadway theater real estate for the 2022-2023 season? Of course, I understand that nothing is definite until the contracts are signed (and even then, sometimes there can be a real estate shuffle). 

Based on press releases we know: 

American Airlines: 1776

Booth: Kimberly Akimbo 

Broadhurst: A Beautiful Noise 

Circle in the Square: KPOP 

Friedman: Cost of Livin

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 29 2022, 02:06:38 PM

At Monday night’s performance, Beanie was often under pitch on many notes, multiple times within a song. She landed and sustained the last note strongly in People and Don’t Rain On My Parade, but for me that doesn’t make up for the rest of her vocals. There are moments where she is both nasal and under pitch/flat throughout the show. Having heard Beanie perform in the past, she can get away with some songs that might not require strong vocals… but this show exposes mo

Dining recs near the Public Theater?
 Mar 11 2022, 05:08:54 PM

As a New Yorker, I’m happy to see someone else has already suggested Vic’s. Although I haven’t been back since 2020, it has always been one of my favorite restaurants, the food, service and ambiance are wonderful! Italian appetizers , pastas, pizza, entrees are encouraged for sharing. They also have great brunch options in case you need that in the future. 

Fiaschetteria Pistoria is another wonderful Italian restaurant, I’ve been to their rest

March Recommendations for my 40th
 Jan 31 2022, 05:34:56 PM

I echo the suggestions for Company. Patti is brilliant as always and I’m also still thinking of the performances by Jennifer Simard and Claybourne Elder… and one of my favorite scenes with Matt Doyle in “Getting Married Today”. I think the entire production is wonderful. 

I’m looking forward to seeing Suffs at The Public which starts previews in mid March. By Shaina Taub and has an incredible cast including Phillipa Soo, Jenn Colella, Nikki M. James, Grace McLean, Shaina and more. You can google some songs on YouTube. 

Prayer for the French Revolution by Joshua Harmon is at Manhattan Theater Club through the end of February. If it ends up extending I would consider this. A lot of good writing, great acting, 3 acts, over three hours. I saw very early previews  

Paradise Square is beginning previews mid March. There is a long thread you can look up on this chat board, included link below, about mixed feedback during the out of town run in Chicago. I’m keeping my eye on this one, heard some songs that interested me and I’m a fan of Joaquina Kalukango … and the rest of the cast sounds great on the clips I saw. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1126740 

Other shows on my radar, but I’m waiting to purchase based on the buzz once they start previews: Mr. Saturday Night previews begin mid March (I like Billy Crystal but more excited about Shoshana Bean… tickets were pricey for both Orchestra and Mezz, they hadn’t started tiering prices last time I looked last week), Funny Girl previews begin the end of March. 

based on what you have already seen I think these could be good options. 
Happy 40th

edit: I also saw Moulin Rouge and Six, both are high energy, entertaining.

What Are YOUR Top Performances of 2021
 Dec 30 2021, 03:16:32 PM

I always love recapping favorite performances! Since reopening, I have seen 20 live performances. Here are some of my highlights:

COMPANY Patti LuPone, Jennifer Simard (one of the best comedic performances), Matt Doyle, Claybourne Elder … icing was being there opening preview with Sondheim in the house. 

WAITRESS Sara Bareilles singing her own songs and gently harmonizing with her other two waitresses! Opening preview night, first musical

Must see Broadway stars
 Dec 11 2021, 03:56:38 PM

Top ten, this feels impossible (no particular order, not necessarily considered icons): 

Patti LuPone, Audra McDonald, Chita Rivera, Kelli O’Hara, Lea Salonga, Alan Cumming, Mandy Patinkin, Cynthia Erivo, Judith Light, Sutton Foster. 

Beyond the parameters of ten (always honored to see them on stage, not all icons, but I would highly recommend): 

Patti LuPone, Chita Rivera, Audra McDonald, Kelli O’Hara, Mandy Patinkin, Lea Salonga,

Lehman Lottery Seats
 Nov 21 2021, 09:44:06 AM

I won the Lehman lottery in late October… went midweek and got orchestra row M, far house right which is under the overhang… great view and felt close enough to me to fully enjoy the performances. At that time LT had more seats available in rear orchestra than they do for the upcoming week (based on what I could see online). My only complaint is that you could hear traffic outside from the doors on the house right side. 

I don’t often play the lot

Assassins Ticket Exchange?
 Nov 2 2021, 05:16:47 PM
I sent you a PM
Caroline, Or Change rush
 Oct 15 2021, 12:08:53 AM
We got digital rush tickets, $20 plus $7.50 fee per ticket. Location was mid mezzanine row GG. Good view, stadium seating, Very limited legroom.
Caroline, Or Change rush
 Oct 15 2021, 12:08:49 AM
We got digital rush tickets, $20 plus $7.50 fee per ticket. Location was mid mezzanine row GG. Good view, stadium seating, Very limited legroom.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You