News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WicaS

WicaS Profile Photo
Member Name: WicaS
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Carol Channing has passed
 Jan 15 2019, 06:49:49 AM

AS reported by Broadwayworld. She was really one of a kind.

May she rest in peace and God bless her soul. 

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/The-Legendary-Carol-Channing-Dies-at-97-20190115?fbclid=IwAR0QIA47A3WsG5ah94wSXbJhcOnRwuc12A-nnQRMMMWpW4oeEBPZm_T2XYo

Annie OBC - Hooverville
 May 30 2016, 02:53:07 PM

Hi guys! :) I have a question regarding Annie OBC recording and I'm sorry if this question has already been anwsered, but I was wondering, if anyone knows why "We'd like to thank you, Herbert Hoover" is so vasty different than all the later versions of the song. For example, on the OBC, Annie doesn't sing any part of the song, but in the offically published score, she has like two lines to sing. Thank you for your response!

Galavanting
 Jan 6 2015, 03:39:47 PM
Well, I kinda like it. But the main naumber does sound a lot like an umptempo version of How Long Must This Go On? from BATB.
Official Into the Woods Movie Discussion Thread
 Jan 3 2015, 09:47:41 PM
I haven't watched the movie yet, since it doesn't come out in my country untill Thursday, but I recently discovered the clip of Hello Little Girl and I don't see why people are making such a big deal out of it... I mean I don't think that it's THAT disturbing... Yes, Lilla's a bit younger than all the other LRRH were and the song is still a bit creepy, but I mean, come on, in the original production the Wolf's junk was seen. I thnik people are trying to make it sound more disturbing than it is,
Goodbye to Cinderella
 Jan 3 2015, 09:12:39 PM
Despite its flaws, I think this production had something that shows nowadways usually lack - a heart. No matter how unnecessary some of the newly written book scenes were, the wonderful score by Rodgers and Hammerstein has never been presented in a better way, not even in the magnificent original tv production with Julie Andrews. The musical felt fresh, but it also brought back some of the good old Broadway magic, that has been dearly missed for the last decade or so, since pop songs became the
Song from musical you are obsessed with
 Jan 1 2015, 05:32:15 PM
I have to say, I'm obsessed with anything written by Sondheim, like Now You Know, Company, A Weekend in the Country and so on, but the last two months I'm constantly listening How Can Love Survive? and No Way to Stop It from The Sound of Music and A Lovely Night form Cinderella. There's just something about those songs that make them irresistable... Of course, my no. 1 obsession is still Sondheim.
 Dec 21 2014, 09:50:09 AM
I know that basically anyone can edit these IMDB pages, but some of the statements written are just ridiculous:
"The Witch and Rapunzel have another heated yelling and screaming fight. This is more real-feeling as it is not done through song."
I mean, why watch a musical, if you don't take the songs seriously?

Dec 3 2014, 07:34:41 PM
I would love to have that audio of "On the Steps of the Palace" as well, please.
 Nov 11 2014, 04:50:47 AM
O.M.G. :O Meryl is simply AH-MAZING!! The things she can do with her voice .... Speechless. Does anyone else think she sounds like Donna Murphy at times? :)

On the other hand, I'm not too fond of the way Cinderella's family sounds. I think they have used auto-tune way too much. Especially on Ms. Baranski, who I find to be an amazing singer. I don't know what went wrong there...
Unless this "weird pitch" is something they were going for with Stepmother and Stepsisters.

Oh yeah, and I too really like Emily Blunt and Lilla Crawford in this. From this little snippets I think they're spot on.

Into the Woods Movie Cast
 Jul 31 2014, 01:16:22 AM
These pictures are amazing. :O And although we've seen only 20 seconds of a trailer, it looks like they've done an amazing job with special effects.

Cinderella Quick Change
 Jul 6 2014, 08:45:53 AM
Hi guys! I've been wondering if anyone knows how does Cinderella's costume changes work. I have been especially amazed by the one at the Tony awards. If anyone has any insider info... :) Thnx.
Nancy Opel in Cinderella
 Jul 3 2014, 03:24:31 PM
Can anyone tell how did they change the costumes for Nancy?

Nancy Opel in Cinderella
 Jun 29 2014, 10:14:41 AM
On a similar topic, can anyone who had seen the show recently tell how is Paige as Cinderella?
Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread
 Jun 8 2014, 11:14:43 PM
AGG2LM is one of the most deserving winners of last few years... Congrats and best wishes! :)
Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread
 Jun 8 2014, 09:41:28 PM
GGLAM and Hedwig for the win!! And cograts to Audra. Have to say, I didn't expect that.
INTO THE WOODS Teaser Trailer is NOT here
 May 15 2014, 12:30:00 PM
Disney has just released a teaser for Cinderella and that movie's supposed to come out in March 15. Still no Into the Woods trailer.
Happy 20th Passion!!
 May 12 2014, 08:43:54 PM
Such a beautiful score...
Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess in PHANTOM tonight!
 May 12 2014, 08:37:39 PM
This has just been posted on POTO's official Facebook page:

"Tonight! Not only do Norm Lewis and Sierra Boggess join the cast, but there's a MAJOR addition to the score! Any guesses? We'll confirm in this space after tonight's performance. We think you'll be thoroughly delighted. And look forward to hearing from anyone experiencing it tonight and hereafter..."

Does anyone know what they are talking about?

Rant about the 2014 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2014, 09:02:58 AM
No Mazzie? That's a bummer.
Rant about the 2014 TONY NOMINATIONS here
 Apr 29 2014, 08:54:57 AM
Wooow. This is an interesting year. Glad that The Glass Menagerie is getting some love.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You