News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thommg

thommg Profile Photo
Member Name: thommg
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sing-Along Performances on Broadway?  Feb 24 2023, 12:11:40 PM

I attended the Hal Prince revival of Showboat that appeared to be a sing-along. At least the lady behind me thought so!

Kennedy Center’s SPIDER WOMAN Cancelled  Feb 24 2023, 12:10:25 PM

CarlosAlberto said: “The Kennedy Center has decided to withdraw from producing the previously announced Broadway Center Stage production of Kiss of the Spider Woman. This decision was made due to future plans for the show, following prolonged conversations with the rights holders.”"

READ: We withdrew because seriously, what's the point if the rights holders are already planning a major Broadway revival.

WICKED Film will be split into two movies, releasing December 2024 and 2025  Apr 26 2022, 02:39:58 PM

Great! Now there'll be two movies I won't go to see!

Favorite hotels in the theatre district?  Mar 11 2022, 05:27:32 PM

Friends of mine just stayed at The St. James which is on 45th Street almost to 6th Avenue. The room was not huge but it was clean, and the hotel was old but nice. The rate was pretty good. I'd never heard of it so it's new to me. Someone mentioned the AC Hotel on 40th & 8th. Great location, nice rooms but the elevators take forever. If you are staying there leave a lot of extra time for the elevator rides.

The Artwork of Something Rotten! on Broadway  Jul 22 2021, 02:35:05 PM

I found a NY Times article about the ad done after their Tony loss. It identifies the illustrator as with Peter de Sève (whose drawings depicting the show’s sheepish stars grinning under its tomato-splattered logo have anchored the irreverent marketing campaign). 

Darren Aronofsky Is Adapting Samuel D. Hunter's  Jan 15 2021, 02:41:52 PM

Perhaps the screenplay has scenes involving Brendan Fraser where he is not yet a 600 pound man. Perhaps there are scenes that show growing into being a 600 pound man. I doubt this will take place in a living room as the play does. I am reserving my judgement until I see the film.

See historic sights in "No Way to Treat a Lady"  Sep 16 2020, 01:06:28 PM

There was an interesting story I heard regarding The Merv Griffin Show. It filmed in what is now the Helen Hayes Theatre, next door to the St. James. One night, a guest cancelled on Merv right before the show was to start taping. They ran next door to the St. James and asked Carol Channing to come on as a guest. She agreed and ran over to do Merv's show. 

Tickets Refunds  Mar 18 2020, 05:43:17 PM

Had my tickets for the final two performances of The Inheritance refunded yesterday. I bought them at the box office.

Full Scores of Sondheim shows?  Mar 16 2020, 05:30:38 PM

Michael Ybarra said: "Is there a direct link to "The Colony"? Distinctly the section that contains the Sondheim Scores(are they full piano scores, or actual full orchestral scores?)?"

Unfortunately, Colony Records has been closed for a few years now. If you sign onto Playbill Online, go to their store and under Broadway Merchandise you'll find Broadway Piano Scores/ Vocal. When you get there, search for Full Score and you will see 2 pages come up. Many

Allegiance DVD  Feb 19 2020, 02:02:12 PM

I would love to know who they think their buyers will be. While I might buy a regular priced DVD of the show, I would never spend $170 on a 2 disc with book set. I didn't find the show special enough to warrant that kind of money.

Tituss Burgess at Carnegie Hall  Feb 3 2020, 11:05:47 AM

uncageg said: "You can see the original broadcast of Evening Primrose on YouTube. Nonesuch released a recording of songs from The Frogs and Evening Primrose. I have had it for a for a number of years. Neil Patrick Harris sings Charles."

Kritzerland has released the full soundtrack to the television special featuring Anthony Perkins & Charmian Carr. It has a few orchestral suites in it as well as the four songs. 

http://www.kritzerland.com/eveprim.htm

Carolee Carmello Hello Dolly  Jan 20 2020, 12:18:21 PM

Carolee is a lot of fun as Dolly. She works very well with John Bolton, her Horace. She has been allowed to create her own Dolly, so while there are some bits that have played in all the versions (I've seen Midler, Peters, Murphy & Carmello) there are a few that are specific to Carolee's Dolly. The show holds up very well on tour and maintains the magic it had on Broadway. I think you will have a wonderful night in the theatre.

Freak out songs  Oct 7 2019, 05:35:58 PM

GavestonPS said: "Two GREAT Maltby/Shire"freak out" songs occurred to me in the shower. Each approaches the "freak out" in a different way:

"I Don't Remember Christmas" (ironic:the fact is the singer DOES remember Christmas and every moment of a failed relationship; the effort to deny it makes him more and more frantic) from STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW.

"What Am I Doing?"(textbook freak out remembered with the benefit

Original cape from Into The Woods ?  Jul 11 2019, 05:45:15 PM

My friend, Rebecca Spencer, is playing Jack's Mother and she recently posted a picture with Ann Hould Ward. She said that a lot of the costumes, including hers, are from the original production. 

King Kong Cast Recording  Apr 12 2019, 10:39:33 AM

I heard a rumor that they is not to be a cast recording, but a recording of the songs were going to be done in more pop like settings by a variety of people. Don't know if that is true or not. What I would like is a recording of the score of the show. The musical underscoring was pretty fantastic, the songs not so much. And the ape is fantastic.

TKTS Rates  Jan 25 2019, 01:33:00 PM

If you go to tdf.org, click on the Learn More button next to TKTS Discount Booths. On the next page, click on Real Time Listings. That tells you everything you need to know.

Revamped "Evita" in Sydney  Oct 17 2018, 02:25:20 PM

I am a huge Tina Arena fan. I don't think this video shows her off very well. It looks more like a first run though on the set to me. She keeps looking down to check her marks, and the tempo is slower than usual. I wonder when this was recorded and why it is being used to highlight the show (it doesn't). 

Danny Burstein to Join MY FAIR LADY as Alfred Doolittle  Oct 17 2018, 02:22:38 PM

I was very so-so about this production when I saw it right before it opened. But the thrill of seeing Benanti & Burstein in those roles means I'll be buying another ticket. Well played, Lincoln Center. Well played.

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 7 2018, 10:42:28 AM

I was there last night (the 6th) and Ramasar was, indeed, out of the show. It could very well be permanent through the end of the run. Rosena M. Hill is on the Understudy board as Nettie even though Rene Fleming has left the production - and we got slips in our programs to that effect. I would doubt he'll be back.

Mary Gordon Murray  Aug 27 2018, 01:18:23 PM

She was also in a couple of Broadway flops, Play me A Country Song, and the revival of Little Me with James Coco & Victor Garber. If I remember correctly, she spent many years on One Life To Live. I always enjoyed her on that show and she was delightful in the revival of Little Me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You