King Kong Cast Recording

Tbo3
#1King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 1:45am

So almost 6 months after opening- why is there no cast recording of the Show? Does anybody know something about it?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#2King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 2:48am

If they haven't recorded at this point they're probably not going to.

bryan2
#3King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 8:39am

I do not remember one song from the 1st act..( I left at intermission because it was so bad) 

I also wonder why the apes back legs never moved lol

Brian07663NJ
#4King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 9:08am

I specifically remember sitting in the theater watching King Kong while thinking... "I would never ever listen to this cast recording."

To be fair though...I absolutely recommend to all my friends and family to go see King Kong because the puppet is fantastic. So I am promoting people to go.

Tbo3
#5King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 9:21am

I really liked „Queen of New York“ and want to add it to my workout Playlist....although I found the Show as a whole quite boring and unnecessary.I hated the Tourists took pictures all the time while the ushers had to run steadily through the auditorium to avoid them to do so...

Kate Monster3
#6King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 9:24am

I've actually kind of been waiting on this too.  Although the majority of the music wasn't that great, I did like Scream for the Money.  There's a bootleg of the song on youtube but I'd prefer a professional recording. Towards the beginning of the run, a lot of people were tweeting to the show asking about the recording and they just kept saying stay tuned. At this point, it's probably not happening but I hope I'm wrong. 

Tbo3
#7King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 9:38am

But how can that be? Every Show gets a Recording...thinking about „Getting the Band back together“...

Emmaloucbway
#8King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 10:21am

I thought I recently saw an instagram story on the official account during a takeover saying that it was happening soon and to “stay tuned.” But who knows if that changed or not!

perfectliar
#9King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 10:36am

Tbo3 said: "But how can that be? Every Show gets a Recording...thinking about „Getting the Band back together“..."

No, they don't. They cost money to make, and some producers are willing to shell it out for poorly received shows in hopes that copies sell as a reference for future regional and community productions (like Getting the Band Back Together).

thommg Profile Photo
thommg
#10King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 10:39am

I heard a rumor that they is not to be a cast recording, but a recording of the songs were going to be done in more pop like settings by a variety of people. Don't know if that is true or not. What I would like is a recording of the score of the show. The musical underscoring was pretty fantastic, the songs not so much. And the ape is fantastic.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#11King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 10:48am

Why would anyone want this?

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#12King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/12/19 at 5:52pm

I thought the main girl had a few fun numbers that I'd re-listen to, and thought they were fun in the moment. 

But everything else is pretty terrible. 

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#13King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/13/19 at 4:26am

The lack of a cast recording will add to the mystique when the flop closes.  For years to come people will only imagine how bad it was and it will become the stuff of legends.

After Eight
#14King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/13/19 at 7:15am

Yes, the score was lackluster and wholly forgettable.  But it was far easier to listen to than things like Fun Home, The Band's Visit, Come From Away, Once, Groundhog Day, Matilda, The Bridges of Madison County, et al., all of which received recordings.

Joviedamian
#15King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/13/19 at 11:16pm

I heard it was a bit hard getting the gorilla into a recording studio...

bk
#16King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/14/19 at 12:43am

IdinaBellFoster said: "Why would anyone want this?"

This, of course, is the obvious question.  But nothing ceases to amaze me anymore.  There is not a memorable song in the brief score - the lyrics are risible, the "tunes" derivitive and awful.  Otherwise, sure go spent 300K on a recording.  Why not?  They've already spent 35 mil on the show.  As to those who recommend it because of the puppet - glad I'm not your friend because I would kill you. :)  

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#17King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/14/19 at 6:40pm

the only song I liked in the show was The Last of Our Kind. It was a pretty ballad

getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
getupngo Profile Photo
getupngo
#19King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/14/19 at 6:48pm

double post

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#20King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/14/19 at 7:51pm

They seem to be able to afford just about anything (the merch for this show is insane), so they should record it for the dozen people that want it.  

HunterK Profile Photo
HunterK
#21King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/14/19 at 8:58pm

Can't lie.."Scream For The Money" is a guilty pleasure of mine. I really liked it when Christiani sang it. Then I saw Jennifer Noble as Ann and she just belted the crap out of it and it has been stuck in my head ever since. 

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#22King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 4/15/19 at 4:18am

Wow that Last of our Kind song was dumb!

ajbuso
#23King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 6/8/20 at 6:19pm

I always like to have the Playbill, ticket, programme and cd of the shows I have seen on Broadway. I remember talking to an usher before the performance started and asked him: Do you, by any chance, know if they plan to release an OBC recording? He said: I hope not! I began to panic and think " OMG! What am I going to see?!" Hahaha Yeah; it was bad, but I still would have loved the cd. Oh, well.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#24King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 6/8/20 at 6:27pm

The COOLEST thing about this show was the awesome cake that was created to celebrate their 100th performance!

King Kong Cast Recording

sparksatmidnight
#25King Kong Cast Recording
Posted: 6/8/20 at 7:07pm

ajbuso said: "I always like to have the Playbill, ticket, programme and cd of the shows I have seen on Broadway. I remember talking to an usher before the performance started and asked him: Do you, by any chance, know if they plan to release an OBC recording? He said: I hope not! I began to panic and think " OMG! What am I going to see?!" Hahaha Yeah; it was bad, but I still would have loved the cd. Oh, well."

Pretty unprofessional behaviour to put people off before the show

Videos