News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for cookie17

Member Name: cookie17
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
 Feb 16 2023, 10:56:05 AM

Follow Mary Kate on Instagram. Most likely she will announce when she's on. A lot of Broadway actors do this and I suspect she will as well.

@maryspacekate

Jun 27 2022, 11:06:48 AM

I thought Talia Suskauer took over the role of Elphaba in May. At least that’s what her Instagram says.

Mar 15 2022, 01:10:07 PM

hayleyann said: "VotePeron said: "Mary Kate Morrisey is leaving the Mean Girls national tour just in time to replace Lindsay…would love to see it, she was fantastic on tour and deserves a run at the Gershwin."

I have been waiting patiently for years for MK to be Broadway's Elphaba. I so hope this happens, though bummer GC is gone because they were golden together. However, I think the pressure is on production to cast POC and I don't see t

Mar 13 2022, 04:41:10 PM

VotePeron said: "Mary Kate Morrisey is leaving the Mean Girls national tour just in time to replace Lindsay…would love to see it, she was fantastic on tour and deserves a run at the Gershwin."

I am so here for this. Mary Kate Morrisey is my favorite Elphaba! 

Her insta says she’s moving into her Leading Lady phase.

Any idea when she’s leaving Mean Girls? I’m seeing the tour at the end of this month. 

Jan 4 2022, 03:49:15 PM

Is Alexandra finished with her run? Why is she being replaced?

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Dec 30 2021, 06:22:49 PM

adotburr said: "Unlikely but I’d looooove to see Once On This Island tour again. Wouldn’t mind see it one more time!"

Oh yes! I missed the tour due to bad weather and have regretted it ever since. 

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Dec 30 2021, 05:53:47 PM

MTH85 said: "According to booking group sites and other resources, here are a few of the new (direct from Broadway and returning from hiatus) shows we could see starting in 22/23:

1. Tina
  2. Jagged
  3. Phantom
  4. Les Mis
  5. Chicago
  6. Memphis
  7. Beetlejuice
  8. Aladdin
  9. Book of Mormon
  10. A Soldier's Play
  11. A Chorus Line
2020-2021 Touring Season
 Dec 30 2021, 01:00:38 PM

I can definitely see Tina starting a tour, but other than that I’m stumped.

Maybe Jagged Little Pill? Maybe Caroline or Change?

it’s probably too early to talk about a Company tour, right?

My current season is already mostly shows I’ve seen but hey I’m just glad I have shows to go to. 

The Prom - National Tour
 Nov 22 2021, 02:33:33 PM

That’s interesting about the Beautiful tour canceling Abilene.

Beautiful is scheduled to come to Bloomington next month for 3 days so I guess we’ll see what happens.

The Prom - National Tour
 Nov 22 2021, 10:47:45 AM

The really interesting thing about this tour is that Bloomington Indiana is still not listed on the show's website or any other website as far as I can tell. The show is scheduled to play two nights in Bloomington but it is only listed on the venue's website.

The venue in Bloomington Indiana - the Indiana University Auditorium does NOT require proof of vaccine or a negative Covid test. Isn't that against the Equity policy? Do you think the actors and producers may not be aw

Sep 18 2021, 08:53:51 AM
I first saw Ginna Claire when she was in the tour cast and immediately I loved her. Mary Kate Morrisey was the BEST Elphaba-those two were magic together. I’m hoping to see the current tour in November. And I’m also hoping to see the show in NYC while Ginna Claire is still in the show.
 Aug 11 2021, 04:53:10 PM
I’ve seen Ginna Claire as Glinda and I would love to see her again. Is there any chance she’s coming back? I have my doubts since she just had a baby a few months ago and she hasn’t posted anything on her Instagram.
21-22 Touring Seasons
 Jun 19 2021, 06:29:58 PM

Louisville's lineup has changed a bit but so far we are getting

Waitress Nov 9 - 14 2021

Cats Jan 18 - 23 2022

Come From Away Feb 15 - 20 2022

Mean Girls Mar 22 - 27 2022

Hamilton Jun 7 - 19 2022

Anastasia Aug 2 - 7 2022

I'm slightly disappointed only because I've already seen half of these shows. The good news I can travel to Cincinnati and Indianapolis for newer shows or shows I have not seen.

Because last year was cancelle

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Jun 19 2021, 06:19:49 PM

Does anyone know if there is a more current thread on this year's tours?

Thanks,

C

What should I watch in isolation?
 Mar 21 2020, 02:43:26 PM
Broadway HD is the 7 day free trial but I highly recommend adding the channel to your Amazon Prime.
Otherwise the app for smart TVs has a ton of issues.

Their live broadway shows are mostly filmed in thr West End but there are some really good ones like Miss Saigon and Kinky Boots.

They don’t change their line up very often so I can’t justify paying for it every month.

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Mar 21 2020, 02:36:21 PM
I hope Once on this Island extends their tour. I really wanted to see the show and it was only scheduled to tour a few more months.

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Mar 12 2020, 11:17:47 AM

thejcm said: "Louisville:

Mean Girls (Nov 10-15)
To Kill a Mockingbird (Dec 1-6)
Waitress (Jan 5-10)
Hamilton (Feb 9-28)
Cats (Mar 16-21)
Tootsie (Jun 8-13)
Ain’t Too Proud (Jul 27 - Aug 1)

The only one I’m disappointed in is Cats but I’m glad to see were getting TKAM, I’m interested to see the casting for that. I was hoping we would have had Frozen (especially in place of Cats).
"

I'm dis

Best Midtown Restaurants?
 Mar 9 2020, 01:44:37 PM

dramamama611 said: "I've been MEANING to go to Sylvia's forEVER. Thank you for the reminder: just booked a table."

Get the chicken and waffles - it really is the best fried chicken I have ever had.

And the peach cobbler is more like a peach pie with two crusts - but it's delicious.

The menu does have items on it that they don't make any longer - like the strawberry bread pudding - I was really looking forward to trying it but they stoppe

Best Midtown Restaurants?
 Mar 9 2020, 10:43:02 AM

So glad I found this thread - I'm planning to go back to NYC in May and I too want restaurants that are not touristee. I like to eat where the locals eat.

On my last trip I did go to Trattoria Trecolori and I thought the food and service were very good. It's not a fancy place, it's casual Italian but they have an extensive menu and I will definitely go back.

As for Sardi's, I went there on my last trip and I wasn't impressed with the food or the service. It i

2020-2021 Touring Season
 Mar 4 2020, 09:48:56 AM

ellbellthomps said: ""You didn't love Pretty Woman? It's coming to Indianapolis but I haven't heard anything about it and I don't remember when it was on Broadway."

No. You know those shows where you don't like or not like it? I'm in that boat. I didn't hate it by any means. It was open last summer or the summer before.

It was the same way I felt about Donna Summer. It wasn't bad, I just have no reason to ever g

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You