News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwwLA86

Member Name: bwwLA86
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 01:09:27 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Jane now leaving early is VERY telling."

I came here to say this very thing! 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 01:00:49 PM

I keep thinking about all the merch, the logo, everything. Just a wild ride.

Jul 11 2022, 10:39:01 AM

Sutton Ross said: "Beanie will return to Broadway in a few years and perhaps even some secret, intense vocal training, and it'll be her little redemption arc.

Ah yes, the "her voice will improve!' crap argument. Nope. She will be in movies with her buddies from now on. And maybe she will be in some off broadway PLAY in a decade. Other than that? Nah.

I wish it were Belko's.

Her name is Julie Benko and she isn't a

Jul 10 2022, 09:54:09 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "TaffyDavenport said: "From a tweet by David Gordon:

"Ok, hear me out: Julia Lester is available for Funny Girl beginning August 22."
"

I actually don’t think she is…
"

Are you implying an extension for ITW, or does she have something lined up after---possibly her High School Musical series (which she is terrific in btw, it's a cute series).

Jul 10 2022, 09:52:08 PM

TheatreFan4 said: You gassed the woman up and let her be eaten alive. She's already embarrassed and the producers should be JUST as (if not more) embarrassed."

So well stated. What ever you might think or assume about Beanie's entitlement, blame falls with producers for pushing and enabling this failure to happen. And, of course, the woman takes the fall. I agree with what others have said, Beanie will return to Broadway in a few years and perhaps ev

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 30 2022, 04:45:05 PM

Gawker used to be pretty notorious for their scoops back in the day. Well connected within NY circles. I'd say this is fairly credible

Jun 30 2022, 04:34:22 PM

Gawker reporting...

https://www.gawker.com/celebrity/lea-michele-to-replace-beanie-feldstein-in-funny-girl

KATRINA WAS ROBBED!!!!!!!!
 May 9 2022, 12:15:27 PM

Art really is subjective because while we could debate her singing voice all day, I personally loved her acting choices. They were interesting and unexpected, when they could otherwise be typical. 

I would have loved to see Nikki play the part, too. 

Mar 31 2022, 01:12:48 PM

I'll add Jared Grimes makes such a strong initial impression in act one and then becomes wasted for the rest of the show. Last night, he almost seemed a little checked out by the end of it. Ramin was also pretty flat for me, not having seen him in anything else or knowing much about him. He was fine but also just felt like he was hitting the beats and not much else. I wouldn't say he brought anything new, substantial, or interesting to that character.

If Funny Girl is supposed

Mar 31 2022, 09:56:27 AM

Was anyone there last night? I went, and having no real familiarity with the Streisand version of this character, I thought Beanie was very winning but yes--of course--the vocals were never going to hit those towering highs. That said, I thought she sounded really strong...at first. The strain and tiredness was evident in act 2. Her comedic chops, unparalleled. She makes Fanny an incredibly winning underdog through her sheer gumption, but because her singing isn't otherworldly, it makes F

Company reviews
 Mar 31 2022, 07:40:35 PM

Are all of these regular cast members out due to positive Covid cases? Lenk, Doyle, Sieber, etc.

MACBETH 2022 Previews
 Mar 31 2022, 10:48:49 AM

Yikes. I've got tickets Friday. Should I refund?

re: Company Original London Cast album
 Dec 27 2021, 10:37:44 PM

Is there a planned release for the Broadway cast?

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 24 2021, 04:09:04 PM

Had Music Man tickets for Saturday. Wishing the cast and crew a healthy recovery. 

Dec 24 2021, 03:48:44 PM

This cancelation seemed inevitable. I have to wonder if Hugh tested positive, if Sutton has. Then again, would they have only canceled two shows? 

Dec 24 2021, 03:43:45 PM

Music Man has canceled the next two performances due to breakthrough cases.

Company reviews
 Dec 24 2021, 10:34:16 AM

Played "dumb hunk" very well. And quite the looker. 

Company reviews
 Dec 23 2021, 11:18:11 PM

Saw it tonight and I have to say it: I absolutely LOVED Lenk. Loved. 

Dec 15 2021, 10:41:32 PM

Very nervous. I fly in next week and have tickets to Company Thursday, Music Man Saturday. This is also a trip that was already postponed due to Covid; we had Company tickets then (March 2020) too. 

SLAVE PLAY 2021 Previews
 Nov 22 2021, 08:36:42 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I enjoyed the play, but I don’t think it is as sophisticated as it is touted to be. I found the the race elements handled very superficially, the “psychology” of the piece was muddled and it was dull at times. I think the cast, the staging, the costumes and the hype all elevated what truly feels like a first play.

Harris is very very smart. He has parlayed this into celebrity and he’s currently in Madonna’s inner circle

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You