News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for 16 Years Later

Member Name: 16 Years Later
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Closing June 4
 May 28 2023, 10:06:40 PM

I was offered a free ticket last night.  Had a very busy weekend, didn’t want to be out late -- finally decided I would just see act 1 and probably leave unless the show changed my mind.  It did not but I’m still glad I went, and mainly wanted to post here to say Julio Rey was on for Prince Sebastian and “Only You, Lonely You” was fantastic!  I adored his vocals and was so glad I got to see him go on.  

Fontana, Boggess & Sieber in THE GOODBYE GIRL Off-Broadway
 May 20 2023, 12:39:54 PM

Anyone know the approximate running time?

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 13 2023, 09:26:37 AM

Regarding the candle, the one time I saw it work was when Jeremy did it for last Saturday matinee.  So awesome to see again.  But I agree, I prefer the attempt even if it doesn’t spark.  Plus since John is quite a bit taller than Ted, it was fun to watch Ted have to do a bit jump to get it well above his head for both shows yesterday.  And such a wonderful treat to get to see Ted for two more shows.  I think of current cast members, Ted/Emilie/John is my absolut

Phantom Closing?
 Apr 7 2023, 01:13:54 PM

This happens a lot more often than you think with dynamic pricing-- it’s just not usually so blatantly obvious.  Premium tickets will be sold at regular prices for about half the price of premium on the day of a performance, or a few days before.  On the other end, I bought a rear mezz ticket when tickets went on sale for 4/15 8PM.  I recently decided to upgrade/splurge and now I probably paid twice what others paid who got the same seats when tickets went on sale.

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 26 2023, 12:28:15 PM

So I’ve delved back into my Phantom obsession from years ago and have been seeing it way too much prior to closing.  Have been thrilled to see all the Phantoms and Christines (except Kanisha boo) and lots of other great understudies.  Loved Jeremy’s last performance Monday with the boat mishap.  I can’t believe they didn’t stop the show.  Excited to have finally seen a boat malfunction and can scratch that off my Phantom bingo card.

But wante

Phantom Closing?
 Mar 14 2023, 11:22:25 AM

Wow.  Currently on Telecharge there is not one ticket available for remaining performances less than $318.  Not sure I've ever seen that, even for Hamilton.

Kristen and Bobby Lopez NY Pops
 Apr 26 2022, 09:25:04 AM

I thought it was a fantastic night!  From hearing the original movie Frozen cast to the Broadway and West End cast, to seeing all the originals in Avenue Q with their puppets (John Tartaglia was supposed to be there but had a scheduling conflict, sad), to the first time hearing Into The Unknown performed live, and singing and dancing to Agatha All Along.  I didn’t mind the mic issues -- it’s live, and they handled it great.  I didn’t think it went long at all

CAROLINE, OR CHANGE Previews
 Oct 21 2021, 10:52:02 AM

Do we know for sure if Cariani is actually playing clarinet?  I actually played clarinet for Caroline off-off Broadway at Gallery Players and the character part is written into my score book and I can tell you is one of the hardest shows I've ever played, those klezmer solos are insane.  When I saw this revival, I highly doubted he was playing just based on my experience having it in the orchestra book, and how difficult it is, but if he is, great for him, he must be really good

PHANTOM will be the next ALW musical to stream for free
 Apr 18 2020, 12:22:10 PM

I was fairly excited for this, but it went above and beyond my expectations -- so much so I think I will rewatch it before it goes away Sunday.  I love Phantom, have seen it multiple times on Broadway, though not for a while.  This more than anything I’ve watched through this time has really made me feel the energy and fun of live theatre.  It’s making me a little sad though, with how Phantom relies on tourists, I’m beginning to question if we’ll see it

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 12 2020, 01:02:18 PM

Oh man, some of these just don’t come close to truly terrible shows.

I’m on the In My Life bandwagon.  I always tell friends and cousins about it and most of them don’t believe that it was actually a musical.  My summary usually consists of: “it’s a romance about a guy with Tourette’s Syndrome and a girl with OCD, and then the guy gets cancer, and there’s amazing lyrics such as “There’s a rumor someone’s got a tumor&

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You