News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for soulmistin

soulmistin Profile Photo
Member Name: soulmistin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Eva Noblezada - Off of Twitter?
 Oct 28 2022, 02:41:18 PM

She’s been off for a while. No big story there, she was getting irritated at dumb questions and assumptions, and deleted it. She’s still active on other social media. 

Lillias White Calling Out Deaf Audience Member For Using CC Device
 Oct 20 2022, 03:20:23 PM

gibsons2 said: "BroadwayGirl107 said: "But Lillias White did something wrong and has something to apologize for as well. Whether she stopped the show or not, she made a disabled person feel uncomfortable for doing nothing but trying to enjoy the show. Disabled people are marginalized as well, ESPECIALLY in theater. Would it hurt White to have some grace and say that?
I honestly didn’t think White should catch heat for this before, but this response deserves some.

Oct 20 2022, 03:14:14 PM

gibsons2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "From a P.R. standpoint, she definitely should have publicly apologized, if for nothing less than to de-escalate the situation with the haters. I believe that post was from Facebook, but it must have been taken down. Obviously, though, screenshots don't forget."

I disagree. She owes public and especially racist haters no apology. I'm sure she's sorted this with Samantha privately. Nobodys entitled to have

Oct 14 2022, 12:17:45 AM

OceansJenny said: "soulmistin said: "gibsons2 said: ""She did not wish for hate to be spread, and she absolutely did not want this to escalate to the point it did".

Except the hate and slander towards Lilias has already reached the levels that would be difficult to de-escalate. I'm sure it makes Lilias feel better that Samantha turned down profitable interview opportunities. She should refute her initial statement and clarify what actually h

Oct 14 2022, 12:06:32 AM

She misrepresented nothing. If you misunderstood what occurred because you believed the random testimony of people who were not even there, that’s your own responsibility. If people sent horrible things to Lilias, that’s because they’re horrible people, and that’s their responsibility.

Oct 13 2022, 11:59:33 PM

pmensky said: "soulmistin said: "gibsons2 said: ""She did not wish for hate to be spread, and she absolutely did not want this to escalate to the point it did".

Except the hate and slander towards Lilias has already reached the levels that would be difficult to de-escalate. I'm sure it makes Lilias feel better that Samantha turned down profitable interview opportunities. She should refute her initial statement and clarify what actually happe

Oct 13 2022, 11:51:30 PM

pmensky said: "soulmistin said: "I’m beyond disgusted at messages I am seeing in this thread. The woman involved is a close friend of mine and I cannot believe how this is being wrongly portrayed in SO many ways.

She did not want this, ANY of this. She went to the show last night with the highest of hopes and left absolutely devastated. She originally posted the video on Instagram to talk to her friends about this, and didn’t know it would have t

Oct 13 2022, 11:48:42 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "I'm sure shes lovely. I don't think for one second she posted anything for attention or meant to cause the show harm--- she didnt even mention the show/star in the initial tweet.

But she wrote that she was YELLED AT, MID-SHOW, MULTIPLE TIMES. That just wasn't true- and if she was told that by someone else, and therefore was misled, thats on the other person then, sure. I'm much more bothered by how many people HERE and on Twitter saw

Oct 13 2022, 11:32:06 PM

I’m beyond disgusted at messages I am seeing in this thread. The woman involved is a close friend of mine and I cannot believe how this is being wrongly portrayed in SO many ways. 

She did not want this, ANY of this. She went to the show last night with the highest of hopes and left absolutely devastated. She originally posted the video on Instagram to talk to her friends about this, and didn’t know it would have this reception. Her tweets alone about it ha

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World
 May 28 2022, 01:41:56 AM

cwilliams said: "Many casts are stage dooring again, its a show by show decision."

But the thing is, the AEA still says no. I think it sends a really awful example to people when the shows are not  unified on this and sends mixed signals. I love stage dooring and it brought me some of the best encounters of my young life, but now is not the time for it, and frankly I think the people who are waiting after the show to do it are entitled and selfish. 

Stage Door Exits In Covid 19 World
 May 28 2022, 01:41:55 AM

cwilliams said: "Many casts are stage dooring again, its a show by show decision."

But the thing is, the AEA still says no. I think it sends a really awful example to people when the shows are not  unified on this and sends mixed signals. I love stage dooring and it brought me some of the best encounters of my young life, but now is not the time for it, and frankly I think the people who are waiting after the show to do it are entitled and selfish. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/15/22
 May 17 2022, 01:38:49 PM

And to think y’all were predicting the cancellation of Come From Away. 

Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
 May 16 2022, 09:00:37 PM

Emmeline Carter said: "soulmistin said: "I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman."

Anymore hints you could give?? (I'm really eager to know honestly) Thanks!!
"

My disclaimer here is that of course I can

Neil Patrick Harris joining Hadestown as Hermes??
 May 16 2022, 08:29:55 PM

I was having a discussion last night at the Walter Kerr about this, and unless the people I was talking to are wrong (which I would be very doubtful of) , this is wildly incorrect. While I’m not at liberty to spoil the fun and say who, the next Hermes will be a woman. 

Girl From the North Country to be filmed
 May 16 2022, 08:27:07 PM

cmorrow said: "JBroadway said: "Do we know that it isn't just for the Lincoln Center TOFT archive?"

I work at the Performing Arts Library. TOFT already taped Girl From the North Country last November. (A multi-camera shoot by the way, with close-ups, medium shots, and long shots.) Whatever is taking place tomorrow is not related to the library.
"

This is slightly unrelated, but may I message you with a question about a show t

Someone took and leaked nude photos at Take Me Out
 May 11 2022, 05:28:44 PM

Just for clarification since I am obviously making an effort to avoid the content (which I unfortunately did already stumble upon without meaning to), was this a full bootleg that had been filmed, or was it specifically just intended to film the shower scene? 

It’s not right either way considering the show’s content, but it feels extra scummy if this was only to exploit Jessie William’s nudity and not even capture the show itself. 

Someone took and leaked nude photos at Take Me Out
 May 11 2022, 05:28:43 PM

Just for clarification since I am obviously making an effort to avoid the content (which I unfortunately did already stumble upon without meaning to), was this a full bootleg that had been filmed, or was it specifically just intended to film the shower scene? 

It’s not right either way considering the show’s content, but it feels extra scummy if this was only to exploit Jessie William’s nudity and not even capture the show itself. 

Hadestown Understudies
 May 7 2022, 08:19:34 PM

André performed today 

Starring actor's pay ?
 May 7 2022, 08:17:47 PM

Just so you know, while I was the person who said the original was too personal, I didn’t do anything to contribute to its deletion. I didn’t report it or anything like that. 

GIRL (Returns) FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY Performances
 May 7 2022, 11:29:03 AM

I’m so glad to see the show being loved on this thread, because most of the people I’ve discussed it with previously didn’t like it because they didn’t understand the plot (which to be fair, after a handful of times watching it I’m only really just starting to put it together). I think it’s haziness has made it difficult for people to realize you don’t need to understand it, you can just enjoy the gorgeous piece of theatre 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You