News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShbrtAlley44

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
Member Name: ShbrtAlley44
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ring of keys  Jun 10 2015, 11:11:14 AM

I think, for Alison as a kid, it's probably more that people who have big rings of keys are usually in charge of stuff. And she saw a strong, confident woman dressed like a man, with a big ring of keys, and all her perceptions of "femininity" were shattered.

Could Miranda Sings do Broadway  Feb 26 2015, 03:37:41 PM
:) I deserved that.

In all seriousness, yes, Colleen is talented. I had heard through the grapevine that she's not a great auditioner, which is why she may not have booked things, but who knows how true that is?

Could Miranda Sings do Broadway  Feb 26 2015, 12:52:10 PM
Loses.
Non-union actress/singer auditioning for AEA Tours/Broadway  Oct 30 2014, 11:55:41 AM
You don't have to live in NYC to be considered for a tour, but it certainly helps to be available to get to NYC should you get an appointment or be called back, etc. Plus rehearsals are usually in NYC and you would be responsible for your own housing. And no, you haven't missed all the season auditions. There will be a ton in January/February.
Non-union actress/singer auditioning for AEA Tours/Broadway  Oct 30 2014, 10:33:11 AM
You are not ready for your Equity card. Keep doing what you're doing. Go to non-union open calls as well (there are many tours that cast young people fresh out of school). Do not join Equity until you are competitive, and without snark or rudeness at all, you are clearly still very green. Keep at it and build your resume, as Goth suggested. I would avoid Theatreworks unless you only do one tour with them. You don't need to take your card in that case. You sound very dedicated so it really is a m
Why can't Idina Menzel sing  Jun 27 2014, 02:53:18 PM
Because it's too high for her and she has no mix.
Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 04:48:18 PM
The house manager should be fired too.

Debbie can always try to find work with Jujamcyn or Nederlander.

Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 01:30:13 PM
She does deserve to be fired. She was not supposed to be on the premises and lied about why she was there while the president was in the house. Not only is that an enormous security violation, despite her good intentions, but she also made the theatre and its owners liable for her actions should anything have happened. She meant well, but she made a hugely ill-advised decision and is now paying for it. That's life. You don't mess around with security when it's the POTUS.
Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 12:35:09 PM
Marianne, no, she would not have been in trouble had she bought a ticket.
Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 11:38:34 AM
Also, was she a regular in that house? Because if she was a regular, she wouldn't have been "scheduled." As a regular you are understood to work all eight shows (I believe six is the minimum you must work within any given week) and you take off when you wish, upon which a substitute takes your place. Of course, it could just be how the article was worded (especially since she's described as having a locker, which a substitute wouldn't usually have unless they were there frequently), but especial
Broadway usher fired for sneaking into performance of RAISIN attended by the Obamas  Jun 12 2014, 11:14:50 AM
Problem is, Gotham, it's not as serious an offense if another employee had been on premises any other time when they weren't supposed to. It's really serious when the president is there and you're on the premises when you're not supposed to be.

She should have stood outside and waited to see him.

Usher Deborah McIntyre FIRED by Shubert Org  Jun 12 2014, 10:54:17 AM
As a former usher, I would say that's a pretty serious breach of security. Especially since she stretched the truth about why she was there. I would have fired her too.
Man of La Mancha 2002- Esta Fuego singer?  Jun 6 2014, 06:07:00 PM
I believe it's Olga Merediz.
WEST SIDE STORY Tour  Apr 30 2014, 01:33:05 PM
I agree that last year's tour was pretty busted but this one was quite strong.
WEST SIDE STORY Tour  Apr 26 2014, 09:58:09 PM
I saw the matinee today in Baltimore and thought it was fantastic. There was a little bit of indicating, but nothing objectionable and seemed due to the direction. I was really impressed with this cast particularly since I had seen last years tour and was thoroughly disappointed.
Sleep No More is AMAZING  Mar 6 2014, 03:34:39 PM
RippedMan, yes, it's a one-on-one only. There are a couple ways to get chosen for it. The whole thing lasts maybe 5 minutes.
Who's playing the Begger Woman NY Phil's Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson?  Mar 6 2014, 12:57:56 PM
She absolutely nailed it. The only flaw was her weak mix - she couldn't bring it up to the higher notes, and sang in head voice, which sounded a lot weaker and sometimes out of tune. But her belt/mezzo are lovely and strong. She acted the piss out of it, and made fresh new choices, particularly in the scene after "Not While I'm Around." She ripped my heart out after Sweeney's discovery at the end. She was funny and playful and crazy.
Idina Menzel and Jimmy Fallon  Mar 4 2014, 01:24:55 AM
So much better a half-step down.
Did Anyone See  Nov 15 2013, 11:14:00 AM
Agreed on the lack of marketing. I just told someone that Jeremy Jordan was fantastic in A Bed and a Chair. The person I was talking to did a double take.
Would Hugh Jackman be a good Phantom??  Nov 15 2013, 11:12:38 AM
Well said, Besty. I was going to respond to this in a much less eloquent way :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You