News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ke3

Member Name: Ke3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 25 2024, 01:31:15 PM

rosscoe(au) said: "No one remembers the Mean Girls movie for good reason."

That movie was extremely successful and the audience it was aiming for is very much still talking about it/its stars.

Revised THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE in Japan
 Jul 10 2024, 11:54:12 AM

I wish people would accept that Millie cannot be revised and we should just give it up. I've said before that it's really shocking to me that in 2002 somebody decided to turn a wildly racist British musical from the 50s into a brand new musical comedy. It was on borrowed time the day it premiered. It came out the same season as the revised Flower Drum Song while banging the same Orientalist drum that the original Flower Drum was being revised to correct. And yet, it was "new"

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 10:45:36 AM

OhHiii said: "RW3 said: "WldKingdomHM said: "Looks like a stunt. Upcoming weeks looks like they are in trouble selling wise. Reminds me of the Parade stunt"

Wait, you genuinely believe that the Parade producers hired people to have an anti-Semitic protest outside of the theatre?
"

Hate to say it, but this has been a rumor in the industry since it happened. And the evidence isn’t not convincing given there were other sho

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 3 2024, 10:38:15 AM

Kiss of the Spider Woman is not happening. The movie just wrapped. I’d honestly say that because there’s going to be a film version with an A-Lister that property isn’t just delayed, it’s finished. At least the version with whatever team was working on the revival is. Unless the producer decides to sit on the rights but wasn’t the rumor that the rights were revoked? Don’t see a revival happening within five years of the film and if the film is at

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
 Jun 28 2024, 02:33:07 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I think they thought Erivo would be a MUCH bigger draw and justify those stupid ticket prices."

As I said to a friend when they sent Cynthia on TV to promote it, the only people interested in something like this already know the show and therefore know what kind of role Petra is. You can't trick them into turning out for something like this unless you just refuse to say who's playing what roles. And once a lot of people saw who was goin

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 28 2024, 01:03:51 PM

All the reports I've heard about this said it was Elton's best score in years but that Shears lyrics were bad. And since melodies can't cover terrible lyrics it kind of killed any excitement I had for it.

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jun 16 2024, 12:27:55 PM

I'm not understanding what's supposed to be hard about singing Last Five Years for a pop singer. It's a pop show.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 May 30 2024, 01:17:02 PM

Dolly80 said: "I cannot wait to see this- but I agree that she certainly isn’t a lock for the Tony. I’m sure she’ll be great, but vocally this role isn’t a natural fit for her.
Nicole S will really be the big story on Broadway ant the end of the year, and I predict she will walk away with that award quite comfortably.

"

The last time everyone was aflutter about Audra being vocally miscast was Lady Day and well, we all see how t

North West appears in Lion King concert and Theatertok melts down
 May 26 2024, 09:52:12 PM

Play Esq. said: "Reminding me of the (amazing…) Renaissance tour. Poor thing couldn’t keep up with the incredible talent on stage, especially her mother. Clearly, talent is not inherited.

I will say she improved throughout the tour.
"

I say this as a card carrying Hive member, Beyoncé's talent was not innate. It was built. She herself will tell you that. She studied to be everything she wanted to be and you can see the evolution from

North West appears in Lion King concert and Theatertok melts down
 May 26 2024, 11:29:50 AM

Social media discovered the word nepotism around 2016 and it's spiraled from there into a discussion that frankly has grown inane and boring. Entertainment has never been a meritocracy. Ever. Blue Ivy and North West are both elementary schoolers (maybe sixth grade in Blue Ivy's case) can the discourse not wait? It just feels completely ridiculous to discourse about literal children.

THE PREACHER'S WIFE by Tituss Burgess & More Set for Alliance Theatre 2023/24 Season
 May 25 2024, 08:12:54 PM

Considering the thread about the workshop got no responses and now there’s no reports on the production, should we assume it’s awful? Or is everyone just disinterested?

City Centers 24-25: Ragtime, Urinetown, LaChiusa's Wild Party, Love Life
 May 18 2024, 09:34:20 PM

sortofpedantic said: "SonofRobbieJ said:

Do we think blackface is essential for Burrs in this? I think George C. Wolfe could get away with that in 2000, but not sure how that plays now. Will it need to be a black actor? Or can they just reconceive the type of 'clown' Burrs is?"

I would personally never vouch for the use of blackface in any production, but however they wind up staging it, I sincerely hope that we're able to finally

The Best Of Frank Wildhorn
 May 18 2024, 08:31:59 PM

Bonnie & Cylde is by far his best show and it's because his collaborators encouraged him to spring from the material

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 17 2024, 01:04:09 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Isn't Cranston doing Inherit The Wind alongside his former costar Giancarlo Esposito? That feels like a better use of his time, he's kind of overqualified for Herbie."

Isn't everyone overqualified for Herbie?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 14 2024, 04:46:05 PM

If someone so much as hovered a pen over the script of Gypsy, none of us would have time to feel the warnings before the sun exploded.

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 11 2024, 12:52:11 AM

MrsSallyAdams said: "A rewatch of the film gives me a greater appreciation of Marco Pennette's libretto. It makes some smart tweaks to the plot and adds some great gags.Most importantly the musical likes the leading ladies far more than the film does."

I have loved this movie since childhood but in adulthood this latter part has really stuck out to me. Ernest is redeemed by the story because he chooses not to take the potion excusing all previous actions whi

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 5 2024, 08:18:02 AM

While it's true the film is going for a certain over the top humour, the film carries the tone largely because it understands itself as a genre piece. It was not trying to be for the gays it was trying to be a B-Movie sci-fi homage. And at the end of the day the poster a few pages back was correct. Intentional camp is incredibly hard to do. And frankly, musicals are the worst at trying to do it in my experience.

Next Sondheim?
 May 4 2024, 11:13:22 PM

Kad said: "Yeah, Schubis realistically the only role in Whistle for Lane- he’s not right for Hapgoodand all the other male roles are very small, but it’s an odd choice for him. It’s a featuredrole with very little singing and nota lot of showcase potential. Feels like something he could do in his sleep, really.

Whistle was last reported by that guy as being a Tripp Cullman-directed CSC production, which was extremely plausible. But a Broadway production w

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 07:10:30 PM

As a Black person and a director, my question when it comes to color blind casting, is why Cliff? There is more depth to be found in th subtext by casting a person of any other race as Sally or the Emcee. They are both figures who by ignoring the world around them are ignoring their own interests (if we entertain the idea that th Emcee is real). There *were* Black performers who like many Jewish families found themselves leaving Berlin when it was almost too late or stuck in prisons/camps bec

Chu developing CRAZY RICH ASIANS musical
 Apr 17 2024, 12:59:44 PM

rosscoe(au) said: "Spoilers for those that haven’t seen the film. I really wished the film ended on a down beat note, just after the Mahjong game, with her winning and it ending with that stunning speech about how every time she looks at him, she’ll know he’s sad. The film worked brilliantly for me up till the tacky happy ending on the aircraft. Of course that’s not how Hollywood works."

I remember rolling my eyes at the ending change but know

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You