News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MannLove

Member Name: MannLove
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film
 Feb 28 2021, 11:01:14 AM

Brownface??????? How racist can you get?

Angela Lansbury in GYPSY
 Feb 21 2021, 11:33:54 PM

I had a standing room ticket at the Winter Garden. I was next to the right center aisle. Watching the kids and Jocko on stage. I was distracted and glanced to my left. There she was. Angela Lansbury standing right next to me! Quite tall. And then she was off. "Sing out Louise!" A moment I obviously never forgot.

Revivals that will NEVER happen but you wish it did
 Feb 21 2021, 11:26:48 PM

Anyone Can Whistle.

ROBIN & THE SEVEN HOODS.
 Feb 17 2021, 03:22:27 PM

Could it have been 10 years ago that the Old Globe in San Diego staged the sixties-cool musical Robin & The Seven Hoods? It was directed by Casey Nickolaw and was supposedly headed to Broadway. I thought the show was a sure fire hit with a fantastic score by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen. The talk was Harry Connick Jr. was a strong possibility to take on the lead role. What happened? Any buzz?

Will Funny Girl EVER have a Broadway revival?
 Feb 16 2021, 12:06:11 AM

Idina doesn't look very Jewish either. Speaking from experience...yes, I saw the Streisand original three times at the Winter Garden in 1964...the two big production numbers, His Love Makes Me Beautiful, and Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat were excellent. Plus, Coronet Man and The Music That Makes Me Dance, which were both dropped in the film, were also wonderful. Just listen to the score! For anyone with memories of the original, there is no one alive today who could create the magic of twenty-two year

Will Funny Girl EVER have a Broadway revival?
 Feb 15 2021, 05:39:04 PM

We in Los Angeles were awaiting, maybe not too anxiously, the Lauren Ambrose pre-Broadway revival several years ago. It fizzled. Any idea if this show will ever see Broadway again? And who would fill Streisand's role?

Is a Toni Colette led MAME Revival Coming?
 Feb 14 2021, 06:05:01 PM

It's 2021 now. Seriously doubt we will ever see a Mame revival on Broadway, or maybe anywhere for that matter. As wonderful as the show is, it would be viewed as racist in today's cancel culture. So sad.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You