News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dotmarie

dotmarie Profile Photo
Member Name: dotmarie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 13 2008, 08:33:04 PM
I must say I think Melora Hardin is an extremely talented actress, the versatility between Les Mis and her comic timing in The Office is pretty remarkable. Anyone who hasn't seen the "Dinner Party" episode should, if only for her performance--it's hysterical.
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 12 2008, 05:13:22 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the JLY/Lea Michele groping. Odd, but I suppose Eponine in her last moments would have enjoyed it.
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 12 2008, 12:47:13 AM
Yeah, there were six stagehands actually holding 3 pieces of fabric (2 stagehands per piece). BSM jumped in between two of the sheets and the stagehands, who were kneeling, stood up with the fabric to cover him, and you could see BSM's hands and arms in the "water" flailing around as he was drowning. it sounds really silly and probably would have looked extremely silly if not for the lighting and the fact that you couldn't really see the stagehands in the dark.
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 11 2008, 12:53:38 AM
Did anyone else catch the typo on one of the captions? They misspelled "Marius" as "Maruis."
re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 10 2008, 05:48:11 AM
I saw the show tonight, and I must say that i adored it. But first I have to ask-- did anyone else find the plot synopsis printed in the program to be at all inaccurate/ misleading? maybe i'm just ignorant?

Despite the many cuts in the score, I thought overall they made some smart decisions about what to take out and what to leave in. Sure, I wish they had been able to include all of "A Little Fall of Rain" and "Do You Hear the People Sing" etc etc... but I understand the need for time

re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl  Aug 9 2008, 03:30:02 AM
I went to the rehearsal this afternoon (got burnt to a crisp! but it was worth it..) and am going to the show tomorrow night. so excited =) glad to hear opening night went well!
re: Susan Egan is a doll  Aug 1 2006, 08:40:07 PM
Saw her just a couple of weeks ago in a small LA venue, met her, and she's a sweetheart. =) very talented too, of course!
re: Audra's New Album!  Jul 19 2006, 03:32:34 PM
She is SO beautiful!!

I'm so excited for her new album. She sang many of those songs at the Disney Concert Hall earlier this year and they were incredible.

re: What an 'interesting' Miss Saigon photo  Jul 1 2006, 10:37:53 PM
oh my goodness.

i laughed. i laughed a LOT.

re: Light in the Piazza on PBS Tonight 8 to 10:30PM!  Jun 16 2006, 01:36:08 PM
So pretty much. Last night I fell in love with this show. I had never seen it before, and I don't own the cast recording. Though I know watching the telecast is different from actually seeing the show live, it was every bit as beautiful as I thought it would be. The cast was terrific, and my God, that Victoria Clark. She's brilliant.
I'll admit that between my not being familiar with the show, and all the Italian, I got a little confused at some parts. PBS should reair this NOW so I can watc

re: Favorite Death Scene  Jun 15 2006, 02:02:42 AM
I gotta agree with you, Gavroche's makes me cry. as does Eponine's.
re: Rest in Peace Susan Browning  Apr 26 2006, 08:03:30 PM
how sad =( 65 is far too young. Rest in peace.
re: The Bakers Wife from Into The Woods  Mar 16 2006, 05:49:28 PM
Though she may be a bit selfish, I personally can't interpret her character as evil. Everyone in this show is selfish to some degree -- it's what the moral is centered about. I agree that she is extremely complex. In the first act, we see the side of her that is practical, cunning, determined...I don't think she's necessarily unhappy with her life, but she does fantasize of a glamorous, royal lifestyle the way people today might fantasize about the lives of Hollywood celebrities. In Act II, she
re: Clips from Audra's Dress Rehearsal at the Houston Grand Opera  Mar 4 2006, 05:42:12 PM
Oh that Audra McDonald. never was there a more brilliant woman. She sounds incredible as always, and she IS in great shape!! her arms are so dang toned!
re: Broadway People That Should Have Websites  Feb 20 2006, 02:31:23 PM
Does Audra McDonald have an official site? I'm not positive, but I didn't think she had one.... there's something very wrong with that.
re: Photo Coverage: Opening Night at I Love You Because  Feb 16 2006, 05:37:20 PM
great pictures =)
I wish this show a successful run!

re: And The World Goes 'Round...  Feb 16 2006, 05:36:03 PM
Sounds like a great time! I'll try my best to make it!

break a leg, Erika! =)

re: Urinetown  Feb 15 2006, 06:28:03 PM
"Follow Your Heart" resembles the balcony scene from West Side Story.

Bobby's revolution at the end of Act I is a mimic of Les Mis.

hmmm...trying to think of more..

re: TIMES RAVE for I LOVE YOU BECAUSE  Feb 15 2006, 06:23:31 PM
That's wonderful =) I wish I could see it.

I hope it moves to Broadway...or is at the least recorded.

Avenue Q London  Feb 15 2006, 06:22:32 PM
Well, maybe it's better this way. Q simply wasn't doing so well in Vegas. And I absolutely hate that they cut it down.
the show will live on in other ways. it's not going anywhere. a tour would be fantastic.
the saddest thing is that now the Vegas cast members are out of jobs. I saw them last December and they're such a talented group. I hope they make their way to Broadway soon.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You