News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for fyeahmaria

fyeahmaria Profile Photo
Member Name: fyeahmaria
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

WATER FOR ELEPHANTS Broadway Previews  Mar 1 2024, 07:22:37 PM

The8re phan said: "FYI ---- tonight's performance Friday 3/1 has been cancelled for technical reasons. Both Saturday perfsare plannedto go on as scheduled"

Was planning to rush tomorrows matinee, but just went by the BO and they said the issue was still not fixed so they were not completely sure if the matinee would happen or not yet. Changed my plan to Sunday 

Feb/March trip thoughts  Jan 21 2024, 07:11:34 PM

Hoping to get some insight into current shows as I'm not as updated as I used to be. 

Visiting NYC Feb 27- March 4, and planning to see as much as possible. 

Already booked: Merrily and Little Shop

Will definitely see: Sleep No More and Kimberly Akimbo

Other shows I'll likely see: The notebook, Spamalot, Days of wine and roses, Water for elephants

Very unsure: Sweeney (saw off bway 2 years ago is it different enough to be worth it?), Beauti

March Recommendations for my 40th  Feb 3 2022, 07:51:44 AM

Send like I'm in the minority about Moulin Rouge, did not like it. I'm generally not a fan of jukebox musicals though, and was a bit meh about the movie. I found the show itself boring, only really enjoying the ensemble dance numbers. I found the fact that a lot of audiences laughed in recognition of the songs to ruin the feelings that the actors tried to portray a lot. 

Loved Little Shop so definitely recommend that. 

Also really enjoyed Harry Potter, but I&#3

Snow Day Specials  Jan 29 2022, 06:47:07 PM

Just saw that too, tempted but promised myself nothing over $100 tonight

Snow Day Specials  Jan 29 2022, 01:59:56 PM

There has been $159 tickets available for Hamilton for most shows the last two weeks. 

Snow Day Specials  Jan 29 2022, 01:26:49 PM

No discounts for either show at Hamilton, just checked

Snow Day Specials  Jan 29 2022, 01:26:48 PM

No discounts for either show at Hamilton, just checked

Six Rush or Lottery News  Jan 25 2022, 01:43:31 PM

I did the same thing for last Sunday matinee, and again managed to get a seat for $49. Last row mezzanine this time. One hour before showtime

Six Rush or Lottery News  Jan 25 2022, 01:43:28 PM

I did the same thing for last Sunday matinee, and again managed to get a seat for $49. Last row mezzanine this time. One hour before showtime

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 23 2022, 11:50:08 AM

Definitely seem like the best chance of getting a good seat is by getting a single!

Music Man Rush Line.  Jan 21 2022, 10:23:36 AM

Rushed today, very cold morning (14° plus wind chill). Got there at 9.05 and was 11th in line (ticket nr 21). Person 4 people in front of me i think arrived at 8.30. We were let into the lobby at 9.30 by a nice police officer! By 10 another at least 25 people had arrived behind me. I got a perfect ticket at Orch E12. The people in front of me got 3 tickets at Orch V 1-5 (last row). When i left around 30 tickets had been sold, and there were still people at the windows that seemed to also

Crazy stage door time  Jan 18 2022, 01:33:02 AM

I remember Billy Joe Armstrong in American Idiot was quite crazy.

Six Rush or Lottery News  Jan 18 2022, 01:28:06 AM

I saw the show today! Went to the box office around 11. Lady in front of me explained how she's lost the lottery and was hoping they had some discounted seats at box office. She was offended a $79 seat and was happy. I'm not completely sure where it was, but i think rear orchestra side. Then it was my turn, and i was offered a seat at the same price. I explained how that was still a bit of of my budget, and asked if there was any way they might offer SRO or a cheaper ticket if closer

To Kill A Mockingbird closing January 16th?  Jan 12 2022, 04:52:22 PM

I have ticket for next week on todaytix, have not received any info from them. Might have to try and catch this on Saturday if I can't find a way to see Kimberly Akimbo

Kimberly Akimbo Student Rush?  Jan 11 2022, 02:43:43 PM

Following. Considering doing it for the last show on next week, but my flight lands at Newark at 3.15 and i don't know how long I'll take to get into the city (if my flight is even on time). If time I'll try.

Edit: just checked again and seems it's only a few tickets left for Saturday night so i guess I'll be out of luck 😔 might try anyway though in case they get some last minute cancellations or something. When i checked last week there were quite a lot available<

Broadway Discounts  Jan 5 2022, 07:08:19 AM

anyone know if the $50 Kimberly Akimono tickets on Today Tix have been up for every/most shows recently or if it's very random? I saw they just have it up for today, but no other days in the future. I'm coming to town next saturday, and can hopefully catch the evening show, but because of potential delays and such I don't really want to buy a ticket it advance (plus $100 is a bit much for me). I am also a student so I could try the rush, but there's no way I would be able to b

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 5 2022, 07:04:10 AM

The vaccine-order rules are indeed quite strict in many countries. i live in Norway and here the vaccines have always been given in a set order, with the oldest and sickest first. The group 25-38 got their first vaccine last, and many didn't get the first one until about August, which means they didn't get the second until October/November. This group will most likely be offered the 3rd dose starting around mid-february, though many won't be able to get it yet because they have to

BLACK NO MORE Musical premiering at the New Group in January 2022, with a buzzy creative team & cast  Dec 22 2021, 04:47:29 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "FYI, the code on the New Group’s website to unlock the cheaper tickets (rows N & O and box seats) is TNGSEATS."

I just noticed this code has front row seats for $38 on 01/21, for "Black Theatre Night". Anyone know what will be special about that night? Is it mostly geared towards black theatre goers, or will it be something special as a celebration of black theatre or something? I don't mind it either way, but I'm whi

Looking for Single Ticket to CSC Assassins  Dec 8 2021, 06:42:27 AM

adotburr said: "fyeahmaria said: "I'm just highjacking this thread while it's here. Also looking for a ticket to almost any performance between 16/01 and 28/01"

Keep checking the website a few days out and most likely available tickets will pop up. I've read that others have said there are open seats at every performance so maybe even check with the box office too if you're local.
"

thanks! I've been checking almost ev

Looking for Single Ticket to CSC Assassins  Dec 7 2021, 05:36:28 AM

I'm just highjacking this thread while it's here. Also looking for a ticket to almost any performance between 16/01 and 28/01 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You