Profile for Seb28

Seb28 Profile Photo
Member Name: Seb28
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Feb 22 2024, 04:48:52 PM

spicemonkey said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "I still think they could make this work if it goes to the Majestic. The stage door is on 45th Street. Tom Francis could walk down 45th, cut through Shubert Alley, and re-enter the Majestic on 44th."

had the same theoryas well, he would just need to walk really fast.
"

They could also go outside sooner, instead of using the first half of the song filming the cardboard cut out of Andrew Lloyd

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Feb 22 2024, 09:04:26 AM

Lot666 said: "I still can't imagine they'll try to get him through Times Square or any lengthy avenue stretch. The Strand may be a bustling area, but Times Square is a completely different animal."

I think the strength of this show is the great writing. All the lyrics in the show are about the beautiful silent film era, the fact that microphones did not exist, "We didn't need words, we had faces", and then the terrible invention of sou

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 13 2024, 09:08:44 AM

TBFL said: "Why would you think they'd use a bad vocal take for the film?? That makes zero sense "

Well, they did it in Pinocchio. So it does happen. But I agree that it doesn't make sense.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 09:33:12 AM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "“Michelle Yeoh's acting is great”

it was 0.5 seconds what are yall even saying at this point.
"

Let me put it this way, it was the first shot of someone with life behind the eyes.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 08:32:15 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "It’s hilarious how a 1 minute montage teaser trailer of a 4 hour plus 2-part film is being dissected. Entire performances are beinganalyzed based on 2-3 second audio and video clips. My favorite is the comment that Michelle Yeoh’s acting is fantastic when the few 1 second footage we see she’s basically emulating an expression (her audio is used as a voiceover). I’m surprised no one has said how insane Bowen Yang looks in the trailer and how hisglance at Glinda is layered with so much information and he’s definitely winning every award for his few minutes in the film.cheeky"

In case you didn't know, acting and realism is in the eyes. It only takes a second to know. Skip tv channels and judge for yourself, you will learn to see.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 08:28:44 AM

jimmycurry01 said: "I am also surprised that you are declaring that it has a CGI videogame look. The film uses almost entirely practical sets and effects."

There is literally 1 shot in the whole trailer of 40 shots that is not CGI and that is the university schoolyard.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 07:53:51 AM

pmensky said: "rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Even less sold on Ariana Grande. Majorly. Glinda is the bright magnetic FUNNY scene stealer of Wicked. Not getting an ounce of that.

Yeah, they really should have conveyed that in the 57 seconds of footage of a first teaser. Unbelievable.
"

In all the scenes we see in the trailer we can see that it does not work. Glinda is not supposed to look scared, insecure and defeated in all scenes. Some

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 05:09:58 AM

I thought 5 things, It has a very generic cgi videogame look, Ariana Grande's acting is very, very poor, Glinda looks 12 and Elphaba looks 45, Michelle Yeoh's acting is great, that last note of Defying Gravity is just terrible, abortive and can't be true.

Duet Musical Numbers that have a gay guy and straight girl well any girl. (We’re both NOT poc)  Feb 12 2024, 04:49:39 AM

"Let's play a love scene - Reprise" from Fame

And feel free to sing anything you like! Don't limit yourself to the misunderstanding that some songs are forbidden for some people.

Wicked Movie Musical Teaser  Feb 12 2024, 04:43:06 AM

I thought 5 things, It has a very generic cgi videogame look, Ariana Grande's acting is very, very poor, Glinda looks 12 and Elphaba looks 45, Michelle Yeoh's acting is great, that last note of Defying Gravity is just terrible, abortive and can't be true.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 06:24:19 AM

MemorableUserName said: "Reddit already pulled it, so if you missed it:https://twitter.com/findmeon45th/status/1756156650774278194

And...yeah. Oof.
"

I don't get it. I find her normal voice to be one of the most unappealing sounds out there. Like nails on a chalkboard. I thought that was why they chose her. But in this clip it sounds like she is imitating a granny (in an insincere way unfortunately), but now she uses head voice in some notes that make them sound prettier than she has ever sounded before. I'm confused. Her normal voice would fit the role much better. She does the exact opposite of what is needed for each role.

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Feb 2 2024, 09:05:40 AM

This video was just released with the casting of all the roles, including alternate Norma.

Broadway Sunset Will Be Open Ended Run  Jan 21 2024, 05:45:50 PM

Broadway Flash said: "Bring on all the great movie stars. Emma Stone, Rosamund Pike, Carey Mulligan, Sienna Miller, Michelle Williams, I’d love to see Angelina Jolie in the role."

Do you have any clue about this score and its demands?

The only thing that was respected in this production was the reasonably high standard of singing.

Rami Malek to make London debut in Oedipus  Jan 20 2024, 06:08:45 AM

everythingtaboo said: "I love Rami but has he done theatre work before of this caliber? It always seems like he's yelling when he raises his voice above a certain level."

I find his acting on screen unbearable. In every scene he puts on an "acting face". Which never looks real or sincere. 

Many actors are not able to make it feel real, but Malek and for example Judi Dench I find completely unwatchable because of it.

Some critics, dire

Modern The Sound of Music  Jan 11 2024, 06:45:25 PM

Singing that you live in a time where microphones do not exist yet, while having a laptop with microphone on your lap is quite literally disrespectful to the material. So that's relevant, even if one of those people adores it. In any case, singing about a time where microphones do not exist is not modern.

Modern The Sound of Music  Jan 11 2024, 05:06:07 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "It’s been done, ala Jamie Lloyd and SUNSET BLVD."

I think that's different from making it modern. All lyrics in that show are still about the silent film era, so the show is still about that. Breaking the 4th wall and disrespecting the material can be named a lot of things, but not modern.

Modern The Sound of Music  Jan 11 2024, 10:10:49 AM

I'm sure Maria would have less class and would sing about the fact that she doesn't need a a man. That she is the independent girl boss who doesn't need anyone. That's modern. Maybe she has some weapons on her or slaps the men she comes across. Just like Wendy in the modern Peter Pan. In modern films men only exist to support women's ego and to be belittled. The only thing men are allowed to be in films nowadays is being "funny", but only if their jokes support t

How is Hamilton holding up?  Jan 8 2024, 07:42:15 PM

I think the show does not have the quality to stand the test of time. It feels dated and I think it is not written very well. It is hard to feel with any of the characters and some of them seem nothing more than filling material. The writing feels forced and tiresome and often feels like a parody. 

The German production flopped and only ran for a few months. Some shows run for years over there.

Maybe it appealed to a certain American audience, and perhaps some peopl

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Jan 5 2024, 09:44:53 AM

Will the laptops, the cardboard-cut out of Andrew Lloyd Webber, the MC Hammer jokes, personal actor related jokes and the twerking transfer too? Or will they create new ways to break the 4th wall and apologize for the material?

Reasons People Don't Like Musicals  Dec 27 2023, 08:31:03 AM

chrishuyen said: "Like others have said, I do think a lot of the success of a musical really depends on how the music itself speaks to someone as well.

And the "contemporary musical theater" style doesn't quite match up to popular song styles today either. ."

I think this is very true and a matter of what you are being exposed to in your youth/childhood. A brain-development thing. 

My nephew and niece from one side of the family grew up with music, always the Carpenters in the background during Christmas, watching Disney Classics from when they had actual music (before 1996), and they are intelligent, well developed teenagers now, with a big passion for theatre and music in general. They have good musical ear too and understand harmonies, etc. My nephew and niece from the other side of the family grew up with a play station and they have never heard music. Maybe only some disposable 2 chords pop songs in the background on the car radio. They still only play computer games in their late teens, and they truly do not recognize music or lyrics. When I play them something, their brain does not let it in, they have no interest and it seems like they really don't hear it. Their brain is locked. It's not recognized.

When I ask my other nephew and niece what they would want for their wedding, the most glorious ideas come out. When I ask the other 2 what they want for their wedding, they say they don't know, maybe the latest Rihanna song with 2 chords, and also that they truly don't care. Even her melodies fly over their heads.

Another example is whenever I see a choir of kids nowadays, for example in Christmas presentations, they all seem to be off key and always screaming the notes. Somehow they got the idea that that is what singing is. I think it's because of movies like "Frozen". They are just exposed to that, and now they do not know any better.

It really is that simple. People live based on what they do and do not know.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You