News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Seb28

Seb28 Profile Photo
Member Name: Seb28
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.
 May 23 2024, 08:12:35 AM

binau said: "because Nicole is giving one of the greatest stage and vocal performances of all time.!"

I disagree with that. It felt posed. Especially her 2 big numbers felt insincere, sloppy, slow, disconnected, with average singing, lacking proper build up and finesse in notes.

May 23 2024, 08:08:19 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "Friend who saw it says she’s singing in the Glenn keys."

Friends of mine who saw it say she's singing 4 whole tones higher than the Glenn keys and in head voice.

May 21 2024, 11:38:10 AM

kdogg36 said: "incorrect."

We've already moved past this, but thanks. And it wasn't only the time confusion that made me suspicious, but thanks for your input. What are your feelings about this production?

May 21 2024, 11:21:57 AM

rosscoe(au) said: "Sarah was awful. She couldn’t sign the role , couldn’t act the role , her voice had no power.

We got short changed in Australia, instead of getting Jamie Lloyd’s thrilling new production we got this sub par one.

"

I'm sorry you didn't like her interpretation. Did she sing everything in a higher key? More operatic? How was the overall direction, the orchestra, the sets, the other roles? Any details?

P

May 21 2024, 10:17:32 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "It’s 11:30pm in Melbourne right now (“right now” being 930am EST). If the show started at 8pm Melbourne time at the latest, the curtain came down 45 mins or an hour ago. So the show would have ended at 1030pm or 1045pm Melbourne time, which is 830am or 845am EST.

if the show started at 7pm or 730pm, then it finished even longer ago.
"

I know, that would mean the show would still be running if it had started

May 21 2024, 09:24:09 AM

Can you elaborate more on that? The first performance of the Australian version with Sarah has started about 1 hour ago. Basically 30 minutes before your post. Sad to read that you didn't like the first performance, which ends in about 2 hours. And that other people loved it beforehand.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 May 18 2024, 06:19:51 PM

Plannietink08 said: "When you post the same vitriol time and time again "

You do realize that your own posts are nothing more than that? 

This is actually my first time commenting on Wicked, the trailer and the portrayal of the characters.

Do you also have an opinion about the subject and the portrayals or is it just vitriol and personal comments on other users coming out of you?

May 17 2024, 03:49:32 PM

Plannietink08 said: "Seb28 said: "Ido not like Cynthia Erivo's acting at all. She is stiff and flat. I hear her lines but not in a single sceneI can see the passion in her eyes. There is no life behind it. Which is a shame because Elphaba should be the opposite of that.
"

Here we go…
"

Here we go what? Is there any substance to you or are you only capable of trying to create drama and division? Because I would lov

May 16 2024, 09:08:01 AM

Yes, unfortunately I am familiar with his "work". I truly don't get why they cast him.

May 16 2024, 06:21:08 AM

The biggest surprise in this trailer for me is Ariana Grande's acting. She comes across as natural and subtle and I can really see a Glinda in her. 

I do not like Cynthia Erivo's acting at all. She is stiff and flat. I hear her lines but not in a single scene I can see the passion in her eyes. There is no life behind it. Which is a shame because Elphaba should be the opposite of that.

The biggest disappointment is Jonathan Bailey. This guy can not act AT ALL. H

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Mar 4 2024, 11:21:27 AM

jimmycurry01 said: "I am curious, at what point in the London run did you see this production?"

Mid december.

Feb 29 2024, 04:47:22 PM

Whatever this is, it is not great art. As described above in detail. It is essential that people know this so they can decide if they want to spend the money or not. I felt robbed.

The biggest takeaway from this might be bigger than this particular production. How much will popcorn culture ruin theatre forever? What will be left when every production has had their turn?

Feb 28 2024, 08:23:14 PM

binau said: "* Nicole lookingout at the audience when Joe says they're not all here to see her - of course Norma (and specifically Nicole's Norma) would have the kind of attitude that Nicole displayed here. It's in service of the character and show.

* Nicole twirking - again given the context of the scene where she is acting out Salome in the most ridiculous/hilarious way it does feel like Nicole's Norma would have actually thought this was good and done th

Feb 28 2024, 05:24:24 AM

binau said: "The production is musically brilliant.”"

I agree that the writing is wonderful, but you seem to be contradicting yourself. You also said before that your mind wandered off during the show. 

I also think that the musical direction in this version was very poor. 

You defend the gimmicks by saying the material is total trash so they are a relief. You don't seem to care about deliberately taking audiences out of

Feb 27 2024, 06:53:12 PM

QueenAlice said: "Curious how you feel about the revival of CHICAGO which removes all time and space from its very 1920s time period"

I haven't looked into that but it already sounds better than this. Removing time and space at least means not singing that you live in a time where microphones do not exist yet while having a laptop with microphone there, 2 very time-specific things that make sure it does not work. 

Feb 27 2024, 06:47:35 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "This production is driving some of y’all to insanity and honestly, it’s probably for the best."

A discussion about insane direction is always good, but that is something very different.

Feb 27 2024, 06:33:07 PM

chernjam said: "the idea that this production takes the idea of using "with one look" from a social media obsessed world perspective with the original storyline seems unique and fascinating to engage with"

The lyrics are explicitly and literally not about that but describe something completely different in very fine detail. About the silent music in the silent film era, about no words, putting words to shame, that it's impossible to write

Feb 27 2024, 06:24:48 PM

OhHiii said: "Either way, by all accounts your perception of this character is so rigid that if Nicole so much asblinked at the wrong time, you'd rip the performance to shreds."

Actually, I am very much open to different interpretations as long as they are sincere. Unlike Jamie Lloyd, I do think Nicole is talented enough to play the role in a sincere way without the distractions and without breaking character. She could be great with good direction. But there is

Feb 27 2024, 06:21:19 PM

SonofRobbieJ said: "the show is really about what is lost when technologies change and the people who cannot adapt get left behind. I think most people know that once upon a time, films were silent...and that's all one really needs to know. We are in a time where we will always confront technologies changing industries. It's why the reconceiving of Sunset actually works. It understands that it's bigger than just the specifics of when the talkies arrived and that this stor

Feb 27 2024, 11:18:53 AM

I am talking about when I went. She did this deliberate character breaking in many moments.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You