News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BMcGregor

Member Name: BMcGregor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sleep No More - what kind of shape is it in?
 May 14 2024, 11:39:14 AM

Emursive's new show is downtown, called Life and Trust. There is a themed coffee shop up and running in the main floor of the space called Conwell Coffee Hall. its very cool and tickets for L&T are available there.

https://lifeandtrustnyc.com/

Performances begin June 17. 

Operation Mincemeat Musical - London
 Apr 17 2024, 11:28:23 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I hope it's not lost on anyone that it won over A Strange Loop, which was one of the worst musicals I have ever seen."

And one of the best that many others have seen. 

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway
 Apr 8 2024, 10:28:46 AM

Great for MTC. The Friedman seems like an odd house for this, though. Other than Prince of Broadway, I can't remember a true musical in there for a long long time...

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/24/24
 Mar 27 2024, 09:08:35 AM

gibsons2 said: "Broadway Flash said: "Those who dislike days of wine and roses are the ones who laugh at every stupid bit in Spamalot. They want confetti."

I assure you there's zero correlation. Wine and Roses has one of the most godawful score I've ever got exposed to. Poor Brian, poor Kelli. They deserve better.
"

Utter nonsense.

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24
 Mar 19 2024, 10:02:39 AM

Tickets just became available for purchase on SeatGeek. 

Is Days of Wine and Roses the early favorite for Best Original Score at the Tonys?
 Jan 3 2024, 12:24:39 PM

I understand this it won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I can't stop listening to this. One of the most interesting and memorable scores in recent years, for me. 

Why on earth was New York New York nominated??
 Dec 29 2023, 10:24:12 AM

Broadway Flash said: "I don’t like those rules. I would only nominate shows that are worthy, however many that is. If it was a very strong season, and 8 new musicals were worthy, let’s nominate all 8. If it was a weak season and only three musicals were good, then just nominate those three. If they just fill up the slots with mediocrity, it lowers the bar and no longer becomes about excellence."

Cool.

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Dec 22 2023, 11:56:21 AM

New code for Days of Wine and Roses: ROSESBB

Works for some dates that the previous code did not. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Dec 20 2023, 09:14:09 AM

jbainbr said: "Wait, what code? Did I miss something?"

If you're referring to Days of Wine and Roses, ROSESDM works for certain dates. Unfortunately I'm trying to do the January 13 matinee and it doesn't work for any shows that weekend. The dates that code doesn't work for seem somewhat random... 

SLEEP NO MORE to close in January after 5000 performances
 Nov 8 2023, 04:18:52 PM

Very glad that I recently went back to Sleep No More for a second time. I adore the piece and will miss it. I hope Punchdrunk finds a new use for the space. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Previews
 Sep 18 2023, 09:14:09 AM

Will be there Friday. Absolutely cannot wait. 

NY Times Fall Season Preview
 Sep 8 2023, 03:11:53 PM

Here you go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/08/theater/musicals-plays-broadway-fall.html?unlocked_article_code=zirRfT5GZzFWNU2jbgWoEF-OHu146UxdhX59z6F8iD7ReJS2H36X6PR2YOTUE5FYWxog2VIleltfAepCW9HJe9FqZiIIjjfzYbo7WzjbENCTHT-_k3VZP_gHVoSgTU4sb-Nau5DIxvTmmHrzuFMBtZhRIunsfhKUrEptMQyemP58QKd-eCCy8eprDk-zSF7DxQoaT0lhRqi9nlJxeDubh9n1zc5-UYvz2AfKYTu3Ni1LT_RAnn1eyLTj65J9UIWEIBtKdZOguiI6QdrHBBXfSHIIT8jOyJWXBeS8Z7hetySTrkYL6hiJlGfqHIwW4De_ASAE-OMF0Cxd93vc0VCogNwO31PiTw&smid=url-share

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.
 Aug 8 2023, 03:50:00 PM

jagman1062 said: "
Redeemed Audience Rewards points for a preview performance. The lack of advertising for this show is still baffling to me, I've seen almost nothing about it anywhere."

I saw that there were several options for getting tickets through AR. I'm curious to which option you took and where your seats are located. I thought the number of points required for this show was rather high. Thanks!.

"

I did the 8,

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.
 Aug 8 2023, 03:27:52 PM

Voter said: "In rehearsals according to Theatrical Index... who's got their tickets?"

Redeemed Audience Rewards points for a preview performance. The lack of advertising for this show is still baffling to me, I've seen almost nothing about it anywhere. 

Favorite theatre related podcasts?
 Aug 8 2023, 09:17:36 AM

Marks & Vincentelli, Stagecraft (Variety's Broadway Podcast), This Week on Broadway, Broadwaysted, The Broadway Cast, and The Play Podcast are all ones I come back to at least somewhat frequently. 

LMM working on THE WARRIORS musical?
 Aug 3 2023, 05:42:44 PM

I'm actually totally intrigued and on board with this. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/30/23
 Aug 1 2023, 01:41:05 PM

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Parade just set the house record at the Jacobs...?

NY, NY may be on its way to closing-NY Post
 Jul 24 2023, 10:19:07 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "I hope this is the point where people realize that LMM is not a god of sorts. I’ve found him overrated since In the heights. (Not saying there’s no talent… just a lot of pretentiousness). Same as Hamilton. Interesting but not the most important piece of theatre. And yet it seemed to have him thrown into anything now to be the creative. Like not every fish New Yorker American, Hawaiian, needs to drop a beat in some sort of hip hop meh style. An

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 24 2023, 02:07:03 PM

BwayinVan said: "Now I want to see this when I come to NY next month but man the ticket prices are steep. Has anyone sat in the rear mezz at the golden? Looks like I can do row A for $135 but just curious how far back it is and if it’s too far for a one woman show"

Rear mezz has been fine from my experience as far as sight goes, though as a tall person even aisle seats are pretty brutal towards the back. 

PRIMA FACIE Previews
 Apr 19 2023, 12:08:23 PM

Stage Door Sally said: "Oh, the pronunciation of prima facie brings back a horrific experience in law school.

My first year, and one of my classes was torts, taught by a professor who specialized in the Socratic method, asking questions of the students to probe their thinking process.

I was called on to discuss the facts of a certain case and I said, "The judge said the plaintiff has a prima facie case... " which I pronounced "pree-ma fay-chee,&qu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You