News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TimeToStartLivin

Member Name: TimeToStartLivin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lempicka false advertising
 Apr 21 2024, 08:55:37 PM

Looking forward to the NYT article about this. You would think they would take some sort of responsibility for running an ad that is blatantly false.

Lempicka false advertising
 Apr 19 2024, 05:31:51 PM

I haven't seen the show yet, and I wish them a successful run, but I think the ads I'm seeing for the show are disgraceful. Show us the actual pull quote from the Brantley review and give an attribution that this is from a past regional production of the show. Show us the actual pull quote from the NYT review. There is something wrong here. Hey, just make it up!!! (which is what they are kind of doing.) Nothing matters anymore. Truth does not matter anymore. I guess it doesn't mat

SLAVE PLAY headed to London?
 Mar 4 2024, 01:13:52 AM

The phrase about "feeling safe" has been used over and over again by Harris. I really don't understand what that means. And I really want to understand that means. Do Black people feel unsafe going to the theatre? If so, why? This is a serious question I'd like to understand. For the show in New York, their marketing team could have reached out to the African American audience, which is very difficult because the Black community in New York doesn't generally choose

Mar 3 2024, 07:09:34 PM

I wasn't going to keep replying to this thread, but have to say:
From The Hollywood Reporter:

Harris explained the rationale for “Black Out” nights to BBC radio earlier this week, saying “this is a night that we are specifically inviting Black people to fill up the space, to feel safe with a lot of other Black people in a place where they often do not feel safe.”

He added: “As someone who wants and yearns for Black and brown pe

Mar 1 2024, 03:57:54 PM

I am so glad to see so much conversation around my post. @BeingBoredBoard no one has hurt me. I am a white person and find these Black Out nights really offensive, and do not understand why this, of all the efforts in the Broadway community to be sensitive to the BIPOC community, is not offensive. So what is the "White Gaze"? Is a Japanese Gaze OK? Is an Indian Gaze or an Indonesian Gaze OK? Does that qualify? HOW OFFENSIVE! Why is there not more outcry for this overt raci

Feb 29 2024, 12:05:20 AM

The TONYS came during Covid when few shows were open. Slave Play was an anomaly and to claim the nominations, while true, are really misleading. Saying it was a "huge Broadway hit" is also really poor reporting. Slave Play couldn't give tickets away. They hardly could sell out 1/4 of the house, and that only through the dedication (misguided, I'd say) of its producers who seemed OK to lose money in the name of supporting a new black Yale wunderkind playwright who h

Feb 28 2024, 11:21:49 PM

FIVE years? That's generous.

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Previews
 Sep 16 2023, 04:04:55 PM

I was interested in your comment about Leon coming out to talk about the show. I think that is a failure of the show to speak for itself. I try to read as little as possible about the shows I see, and I don't read the Playbill until after I've seen the show. It's like going to an art gallery and the "artist's statement" is posted next to the art. If your art does not speak for itself, without explanation, then the art has failed to communicate.

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Sep 12 2023, 06:59:29 PM

And.... the agency that did the key art for Paradise Square apparently got another assignment. Like, WTH is that????

EVITA at the ART - Reviews
 Jun 9 2023, 09:23:54 PM

Oh God not that stupid dress again.

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
 Nov 30 2022, 08:16:28 PM

The production at the Public was exciting because of Alex Timbers' production. The show itself is very weak. If you listen to the score, there is nothing there.

Some Like it Hot discount code
 Oct 27 2022, 04:04:28 PM

Thanks!

Some Like it Hot discount code
 Oct 27 2022, 02:09:04 PM

Does anyone have the discount code for Some Like it Hot? I lost my mailer.

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?)
 Sep 16 2022, 08:16:36 PM

So many shows for this old bird. But these are the shows that stick to my soul:

- Amadeus with Ian McKellan and Tim Curry. What a night that was -- and that set!

- Nicholas Nickelby: It was an event, getting a box dinner between the parts, could have watched it 10 times again it was such good theatre.

- Conference of the Birds at La Mama with Peter Brooks' company. A one-hour show, with three Persian carpets as a set. Sitting on cushions on the floor in the front row

Paradise Square Marketing Fail
 May 12 2022, 08:09:46 PM

Paradise Square just got all these Tony noms and this is all their marketing people can do???? Don't get it. Even after they opened, their ads were just: Show Name. Buy Tickets. No pull quotes, no nothing. And now this. It's sad.Sir Ian for King George in Hamilton
 Jan 25 2022, 02:23:32 PM

Sir Ian McKellan wants to be in a musical. 

https://deadline.com/2022/01/sir-ian-mckellen-says-his-one-final-desire-is-to-star-in-a-musical-1234919178/#comments

He'd be amazing as King George in Hamilton!

Bilyl Crystal and Randy Graff to star in Mr. Saturday Night, Music by JRB
 Oct 23 2021, 03:55:59 PM

LightsOut90 said: "grabbed a ticket for the first night, can anyone tell me the easiest way to get there from the city?"

Going from NYC to Pittsfield is best by car as noted earlier. It's about 3 hours from Manhattan. There is a bus from Port Authority but last I knew it only ran a few times a day and it took about 4+ hours, but the bus station is very close to the theater. There is Amtrak that goes to NYC to Albany then a connecting train to Pittsfield that is a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You