News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LucyEth2

Member Name: LucyEth2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 29 2024, 04:53:35 PM

Some interesting predictions here.  Like the love that's going to "Days of Wine and Roses."  And Chip Zien!  I wouldn't be surprised if "Harmony" gets a Best Score nod.  

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film
 Mar 21 2024, 01:04:34 PM

I'm late to the party, but Rob Marshall as director and Penelope Cruz as star would have been my preferred pairing.  But I can certainly get behind Diego Luna as Molina.

FORBIDDEN BROADWAY Coming to Broadway This Summer?
 Mar 1 2024, 11:44:42 AM

Saw an industry reading of this a while back when it was solely a parody of Sondheim shows and it was pretty toothless.  Love the subtitle, but hope the scope of the show is broadened to include Broadway as a whole and all the shows of the past decade or more that are so ripe for parody.  At his best, Alessandrini is a comic genius, IMHO, but this needs to be much sharper and tighter if it's going to survive on Broadway.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Broadway Previews
 Nov 19 2023, 12:32:54 PM

Completely agree with Menken Fan.  Yes, this show is groundbreaking in its way, but I think if it were simply a musical ABOUT autistic characters and not STARRING autistic actors we'd be having a different conversation.  I look for craft when I go to the theater, and that was pretty lacking for me.  The music is only serviceable (although the vocal arrangements are wonderful), too many of the lyrics land on the wrong sy-LAB-ble, and if one more person sang about their inner

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Nov 26 2022, 03:31:36 PM

I believe it's 8 in the pit.  And the running time is around 2:40.

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Nov 21 2022, 01:20:35 PM

Forgive me if I like my happy endings earned, not manufactured.  

The history of the Broadway musical is rife with highly entertaining, but clueless (and therefore un-revivable) shows.  Why write a new one?

Nov 21 2022, 10:45:03 AM

What mobsters?  They're no longer a threat by the end of the show.  In your version, Jerry is living their life as Daphne not by choice, but to save their skin.  That's even worse!!!

Nov 21 2022, 10:25:37 AM

Because punctuation trumps ideas?  I'd love to know how.

Nov 21 2022, 10:14:10 AM

I hate to break it to you, but Jerry is still hiding at the end of the show.  

Nov 21 2022, 09:55:17 AM

When we rewrite history to serve our own purposes, we erase history.  How much more honest (and thrilling) would the show have been had Jerry and Sugar acknowledged the fight ahead of them!  That would be something to cheer for.  Right now everything gets tied up in a neat little package and IMHO, it's a cheat for the sake of "entertainment."  

"Give 'em the old hocus pocus
Bead and feather 'em...How can they see with sequins in t

Nov 20 2022, 08:23:40 PM

The show is...okay.  Fun (at times) in the moment, but it completely disappears from memory as soon as the curtain falls.  It's the musical comedy equivalent of Jell-O.  The score is repetitive and wholly unremarkable.  The cast is very good (particularly Kevin Del Aquila in a breakout performance).  Christian Borle has some marvelous moments, of course (although he fits uncomfortably into the shoes of a romantic leading man IMHO), and the lovely J. Harrison Ghee&

Company Understudies
 Apr 7 2022, 11:05:28 AM

Saw Heath go on at the Wednesday matinee and he was terrific.  As were the five (!) other understudies for Bobbie, Theo, Harry, David & Sarah.  You would never have known that there were that many original cast members out, the show was incredibly tight, without a glitch in sight.  Hoping to go back and see who I missed, as I thought the production itself was magical.  BTW, TDF had me in the front row center orcestra!

Flying Over Sunset - Previews Thread
 Nov 28 2021, 11:09:42 AM

"Flying Over Sunset" is an interesting idea for a musical...and that's what it remains.  Despite the great performances (particularly that of Carmen Cusack), and eye-popping design, there's simply no there there.  The score is instantly forgettable and the cerebral approach to the storytelling guarantees that we have no emotional investment in what's happening onstage.  The perfect example of a "why" musical, it's maddeningly DOA.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You