News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jkcohen626

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
Member Name: jkcohen626
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 03:25:52 PM

theatergoer3 said: "According to rumors on Twitter from theirannouncement, it’ll be Circle in the Square.

https://x.com/itsrainingben/status/1780238263212515369?s=46
"

Aha! Well then cancel what I said. Curious why they wouldn't announce that from the get go if it's already locked down enough to be contained within the website. 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 02:49:05 PM

For theatre, I'd guess that this is a Shubert 1000-1200-seat show and they're waiting to see which shows fold before commiting to one. Also definitely possible they know and it's not announced *cough*Longacre*cough*. 

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24  Apr 16 2024, 02:09:09 PM

Was surprised to see last night that, while the light-up sign above the theatre now says Illinoise, the digital marquee is turned off and all of the physical stuff still says Spamalot. I understand that this is all being done very last-minute and the strategy is essentially "get ourselves open before the 25th and then figure everything else out." But, it's surprising to me that they weren't on it immediately to start switching stuff over.  

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 16 2024, 07:57:57 AM

Website is live. https://romeoandjulietnyc.com/ 

Kit Connor and Rachel Zegler to star in ROMEO & JULIET on Broadway?  Apr 15 2024, 02:22:07 PM

You've seen Jaime Lloyd do Ibsen/Herzog. You've seen Sam Gold Ibsen/Herzog. Now get ready for them to fight to the death doing Shakespeare. 

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Apr 14 2024, 01:55:19 PM

Wallace killed it, of course, and Guys and Dolls is already a huge hit. But, it feels odd to not do Luck Be a Lady or Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat. Is Take Back Your Mink more iconic than I realize? 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 04:50:45 PM

inception said: "Kara Young has more talent in her little finger than any of the Sallies who have been in this production so far (NY & London)."

Does she sing? She could be amazing if she does, but it does seem to be intentional for the Emcee and Sally to be white and Cliff to be Black. 

SUFFS Previews  Apr 12 2024, 04:49:31 PM

Saw last night's preview and thoroughly enjoyed it! I will admit I'm someone who liked it a lot at the Public. But, I think this was much improved! I loved the new songs and the new physical production is VASTLY improved. The costumes were grogrous and the set, while pretty simple, was certainly much more usable than the one at the Public.

I did miss Phillipa Soo. She just has such an incredible stage presence. Hannah Cruz didn't fill the space the way Soo does, but sh

Rialto Chatter: Will OH, MARY! and JOB Transfer to Broadway?  Apr 11 2024, 04:06:34 PM

Could Oh, Mary do a late-summer rental of the Hudson or Haimes? Both would be more intimate than the Lyceum... 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 05:06:27 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "Heart of rock and roll is not long for this world.

How long does cabaret need to keep at that gross in order to recoup? I can’t imagine they’ll be able to turn a profit in the span of Eddie’s run.
"

Cabaret would be able to recoup in a year if it can sustain these grosses. That feels optimistic though. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 04:55:57 PM

Observation said: "Any chance Lempicka pulls the plug and doesn't open? Those numbers seem like, BAD bad."

Lempicka opens this Sunday and I think it's probably too late to close before that. Who knows if it'll get more than a couple weeks after that though. 

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 01:50:53 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "She was very close with Sondheim."

She wouldn't agree with this statement, but it's true that she's become tied to his work and she would certainly sell tickets. 

Personally, I think this will do pretty well. Only 650 seats + Sondheim + subscribers + Bernadette and Lea (in New York) seems to me to be enough to fill the house. 

I'm so curious to see who else they get to do this. We've had SOOO many fantas

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 5 2024, 04:44:02 PM

Don't really understand why they're waiting until May to release this. Does it have to do with awards? 

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 4 2024, 12:44:04 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "As of right now I think these look likeliest for Best Musical:

Suffs

Illinoise

The Outsiders

They will be joined by 2--3 of these (probably):

Hell's Kitchen

Here Lies Love

The Notebook

Water for Elephants

Lempicka
"

I think you're spot on with both your predictions and the analysis. I do think Wine and Roses could be up

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway  Apr 3 2024, 11:59:07 AM

Glad to see that these prices are relatively normal for a big star driven show. I suppose that's because of the theatre size. I still think they're overestimating demand for this show. It's going to be tough for a production like this sell 1700 seats for that long. But, I understand the ATG/Jujamcyn politics that are putting it there. Even being stuck with this theatre, they should've followed the Merrily playbook and announced as a limited run through the end o

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Apr 2 2024, 12:44:16 PM

pair-o-dice said: "Observation, and no idea why, for some reason act one seemed really long and act two seemed really short. But minor quibble, because from start to finish its excellent."

Act 1 is way longer than Act 2, but that's just the way the show is built. There are twice as many songs in Act 1! 

BCEFA Spring 2024 Collections  Apr 1 2024, 05:50:39 PM

sppunk said: "Saw 4 showsthis weekend and none did any collection work or even mention the initiative.

- The Notebook
- Appropriate
​​​​​​- Lempicka
- Suffs

I was disappointed.
"

Shows in previews don't do it and many new shows won't, even after they're open. It would be nice if they still had people with buckets. But, having your whole cast sign a bunch of stuff is big time commitment for shows that are in rehearsals a

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 05:21:53 PM

They recently added two sets of table seats in a box right above the stage (next to where orchestra is) for only $149. They are labeled as partial view, but I can figure out how much of the stage would be blocked. You're basically right on top of the stage, so is it just that you'll be looking at the top of actors' heads? They probably have to be horrifically obstructed to be only $149, right?

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Mar 29 2024, 01:17:02 PM

RW3 said: "Jordan, did you see what kind of merch is available? There’s no ‘Shop’ page on the show’s website."

https://www.broadwaymerchandiseshop.com/collections/hells-kitchen 

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Mar 29 2024, 11:47:24 AM

DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "Jordan Catalano said: "This ran about 2:45 tonight. There's a good 15 minutes that truly can and should be shaved off, which I hope they do during the next few weeks.

Look, is this a great show? No. But do I have a great time watching it? Absolutely. Maleah Joi Moon is a star, plain and simple. And she's never really offstage for the entire showso I truly hope she takes care of herself and her voice for this run since this is a huge

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You