News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jkcohen626

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
Member Name: jkcohen626
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 3 2024, 02:20:31 PM

Also, I may or may not have gotten the chance to listen to some songs already... y'all are in for such a treat. Absolute chills. These are by far the best songs of this Broadway season. The question to me is just, do Tony voters see it as a "score?" 

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 3 2024, 02:18:39 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "The company will perform from the show Monday night on Jimmy Fallon."

If they're doing performances for late night now, I feel like they have to be able to do a Tony performance... 

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 10:06:16 PM

Fordham2015 said: "jkcohen626 said: "I don't think there's anything to worry about yet. Of the Broadway nonprofits, only Roundabout has announced their full season. Lincoln Center also hasn't announced anything and MTC hasn't announced their Winter show (which usually has similar dates to 2nd Stage's first show of the season)."

MTC's winter show is Eureka Day
"

No, Eureka Day is Fall and Old Friends is Spring. For Broadway, MTC usually has a Fall show that runs from September-November, a Winter show that runs from December-February/March, and then a Spring Show that runs March/April-June (or I suppose beyond if there's demand). 

It doesn't have a season listed, but MTC's subscription page confirms that they have a third unannounced Broadway show: https://www.manhattantheatreclub.com/subscribe/ 

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  May 2 2024, 09:47:09 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Yes; they’re offering a lot of seats at that $50 price and fourth or so row is $100 - hence my saying it’s not as bad as I thought it would be."

Better prices than Kimberly Akimbo...

Fastest win to EGOT LMM or Pasek/Paul  May 2 2024, 08:21:33 PM

willep said: "I enjoyed the song, but that was submitted instead of “Look for the Light”?"

Did they have to pick just one? Unlike the Oscars, the Emmys do seem to like fun songs. But, I'd still be inclined to think Look For the Light was this show's best song. 

What’s going on at Second Stage?  May 2 2024, 08:09:57 PM

I don't think there's anything to worry about yet. Of the Broadway nonprofits, only Roundabout has announced their full season. Lincoln Center also hasn't announced anything and MTC hasn't announced their Winter show (which usually has similar dates to 2nd Stage's first show of the season). 

Happy 20th Anniversary to the Bway Opening of CAROLINE, OR CHANGE  May 2 2024, 05:18:55 PM

A true classic and one of my favorite shows of all time. Such a complex and fascinating piece. 

Alex Edelman, Abe Jacob, Nikiya Mathis among winners of special Tony awards.  May 2 2024, 12:32:27 PM

Just for Us was certainly in my top 5 for this season, so I am THRILLED for Alex. 

We need a Best Hair and Wig Design Tony. But, if we had one, Nikiya Mathis would win with no opposition. So, I'm so glad she's being recognized. 

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 1 2024, 07:20:46 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Track listing:

• 1. Seven Roads
  • 2. Bright v1
  • 3. Masquerade
  • 4. Bright (Fast)
  • 5. Drive
  • 6. Champagne
  • 7. East of Eden
  • 8. Domino
  • 9. "It's made of teak"
  • 10. In Your Arms
  • 11. BVs
  • 12. Exorcist II
  • 13. Campfire Masquerade
  • 14. B
Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 01:32:08 PM

THRILLED to see Betsy Aidem recognized, especially considering she was going up against a bunch of TV/Movie stars. 

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024  Apr 30 2024, 01:27:16 PM

amiyagi said: "TaffyDavenport said: "ElephantLoveMedley said: "RippedMan said: "I think it'll be a giant night for Merrily, and Lindsey might lose to Bean."

Bean or Bebe?
"

Shoshana Bean isn't winning. Kecia Lewis has a better chance than she does, and, personally, she's my pick.

Lots to critique about Hell's Kitchen but Kecia Lewis' stunning rendition of Perfect Way to Die had me in tears.

This category is pretty wide

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Apr 30 2024, 01:11:21 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "8 full songs. I really can't wait."

I'm so excited!!! Very curious about Bright specifically. Is it the (superior) version that starts on the 3rd verse or the full 6 1/2 minute version or both. I'd also love the acoustic version we hear at the beginning. 

Insert name of show : posting closing notices  Apr 30 2024, 01:07:55 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Newsies didn't run that long."

Newsies ran 1000 performances. Any of these shows would KILL for a Newsies-length run. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/28/24  Apr 30 2024, 12:54:01 PM

Honestly, for how packed this Spring is, a lot of things are doing better than I expected. Water For Elephants, Gatsby, Hell's Kitchen, Outsiders, Tommy are all definitely making money (or ther producers are truly idiots) and I imagine Notebook is on the cusp as well. Suffs probably still dipping into reserves, but it's been improving week-to-week. Very different shows, but it does remind me of where Shucked was this time last year. 

Tony noms have a relatively negligible

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 07:55:28 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Apparently only 45 out of 60 nominators qualified to cast a ballot"

I think it's probably less. The website lists 44, but that was as of 11/3/23. With this April onslaught, I'm guessing more dropped out. https://www.tonyawards.com/about/administration/ 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 30 2024, 12:04:59 AM

RUkiddingme said: "I think we're going to see LOTS of nominees in lots of categories - The Tony's attempt to boost some shows - but in actuality it will just diminish the value of the nominations if everyone is named."

You know there are rules that determine the number of nominees, right? It's not just up to the admin. I suppose there's nothing legally binding because it's just an awards show (anybody know that for sure?). But, I highly

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 29 2024, 11:02:01 AM

MezzA101 said: "https://variety.com/lists/2024-tonys-awards-prediction"

Some interesting predictions that I think could come true. But, it's hard for me to not throw out the whole thing when you think Lempicka is getting musical, score, and book noms. 

They also imply that Here Lies Love is eligible for Best Book (GoldDerby also has it available to select in making your own predictions). Did we ever get a ruling on whether or not it's eligible and who would even receive that nom? 

2024 Tony Predictions  Apr 28 2024, 11:01:07 PM

If was Stereophonic, I'd be sending this episode of Decoder Ring that David Adjmi and Will Butler did to every nominator and voter (if that's legal). They break down how to craft fake music that sounds authentic and is convincing enough as a future megahit. It just made me fall in love with the brilliance of this show even more. I'm really hoping it gets a best score nom and maybe even a win. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6tsuikOECXO1ImCNWSf6Dt?si=4673148ad8ab4b6c 

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 10:47:43 PM

Had the most amazing time this afternoon! The energy was INCREDIBLE. There was a TON of physical comedy improv. The cast was having such a good time. Victoria did a bit before Better where she zipped up Debra's sweatshirt after she was inappropriate to Seth as well as one involving leaning on a wall. There was also either a bit or a save when the string on Victoria's party hat broke and Allie gave her hers. Allie held the broken one on her head and posed for an extra picture with it.&

farewell Kimmy!  Apr 28 2024, 01:16:55 PM

This afternoon will be my 7th time seeing it. Bittersweet, of course, but I am excited!!! I've never been to a closing night before and I'm hopeful it'll be a great experience with the other fans of this show!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You