News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JBellan87

Member Name: JBellan87
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SPAMALOT sets closing date
 Mar 7 2024, 12:53:59 PM

Saw it last Saturday.  I liked it, not as much as the original, but I thought it was still good and not really shocked since the grosses haven't exactly been great.

The thing that I find weird and correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember reading the speculation about it being a limited engagement and any time I went to their website, I don't recall them ever having that information on there, until the announced they are closing.  The site now has "limited enga

Two People Assigned the Same Seat
 Mar 4 2024, 01:05:24 PM

I'm the Assistant House Manager at one of the regional theaters in NJ and I've seen this happen before as well as dealt with it where someone comes in and finds someone else in their seat(s).  It's not a regular thing, but it does happen. The ticket takers (at my theater) are trained to stop anyone coming if when scanning the ticket if the scanner comes up with an error message (one being already scanned in) should be calling management over to address the situation. Don'

Live theater attendance v. movie theater attendance
 Dec 5 2022, 12:21:39 PM

Other than Wakanda Forever (and that's starting to fizzle), there really isn't anything out in movie theaters that is generally appealing to the masses/general movie going public.  Most of what is in coming now are the oscar movies like The Fabelmans, The Whale, etc.  Next big release is Avatar next week and then nothing like huge until February with Antman.  2023 is going to hopefully be a better year at the movies and is pretty stacked-3 MCU movies, 4 DCU movies, Indy

PREDICTIONS ON WHAT WILL CLOSE?
 Jun 15 2022, 12:54:58 PM

13 shows this past week grossed over $1 million, Beetlejuice being one of them.  In fact, Beetlejuice has been clearly over $1 million the last few weeks, so I'm curious how that constitutes as it "flopping hard each week"

Theatre Podcasts
 Jan 20 2022, 12:18:49 PM

Breaking Broadway with Kerry Butler

Music Man Rush Line.
 Dec 20 2021, 12:26:29 PM

Lots of people used to do that for Jersey Boys in like the first two years of the run (myself being one of theme), but it wasn't like that extreme.  I'd get up at like 3 or 4, catch the train to get to the box office by 6.  I'd assume there were some who did that for Rent as well.  Only downside is if you didn't sleep enough prior to that.  Me and my ex got up super early to rush Once, got the tickets, and during the show, I started doozing off (not falling

So how does Wicked have a chance with how West Side tanked?
 Dec 15 2021, 03:14:48 PM

"And Avengers Endgame made over 357 million domestically upon opening and is currently around 2.8 billion worldwide. My point was that the grosses were much higher pre-Covid. You can claim 164 million is not a flop, but it certainly is to movie studios who are counting those dollars and considering the future."

Sony wasn't expecting it to make the amount it made for it's opening weekend, and in comparison the 2016 movie made a few million more at the box office than A

So how does Wicked have a chance with how West Side tanked?
 Dec 14 2021, 12:23:02 PM

"Ghostbusters Afterlife only made 46 million on its opening weekend. Considering how these big movies were making hundreds of millions on their opening weekends in 2019, this is not about disinterest, it’s about Covid. Everything is flopping."

Afterlife made $44 million opening weekend, domestic and I think it was like $60 million worldwide on a $70 million budget.  It made more than what Sony thought it was going to as well as it has legs as it's been staying

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You