News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for soxboy22

Member Name: soxboy22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SHUCKED will close January 14, 2024; TOMMY rumored for the Nederlander
 Oct 16 2023, 02:13:44 PM

If my show were on the edge I’d pray (invite) Tay Swift to attend and get a quote. I think she’s in the area, don’t know if she attends Broadway.

Lauren Boebert Tossed Out Of BEETLEJUICE Musical
 Sep 16 2023, 10:55:47 AM

FTR, she “genuinely doesn’t recall” vaping and explains her difficult, public divorce.

Sep 16 2023, 09:43:22 AM

ROFL!

Sep 13 2023, 10:48:19 AM

In happier news, it looked like a pretty full house.

Lea Michele as Fanny Brice
 Sep 4 2023, 11:23:04 AM

There was a wedding in there somewhere.

Sep 3 2023, 02:26:15 PM

Robbie2 said: "soxboy22 said: "Robbie2 said: "Beanie Fieldstone was cute but didn't have it vocally and what it takes and wasn’t theFunny Girlwe wanted! It was Lea Michele's powerhouse voice and star presence that was needed to pull this show off. She lifted it to the heavens blowing the roof off the August Wilson and it made sense. Michele saved the show from closing. Credit must also be given to Julie Benko our Thursday night Fanny for the additional FG life support giving many, many additional performances - 178? A career embarrassment performance for Beanie but career making one for Julie.

Unfortunately, Barbra never did see the show with Lea Michele!

Harmony's next for Julie...As for Lea, Chess?

In the illustration, who is the other Fanny in the back?
"

Duh, Beanie
"

lol Oh Brother!

Sep 3 2023, 01:08:07 PM

Robbie2 said: "Beanie Fieldstone was cute but didn't have it vocally and what it takes and wasn’t theFunny Girlwe wanted! It was Lea Michele's powerhouse voice and star presence that was needed to pull this show off. She lifted it to the heavens blowing the roof off the August Wilson and it made sense. Michele saved the show from closing. Credit must also be given to Julie Benko our Thursday night Fanny for the additional FG life support giving many, many additional performances - 178? A career embarrassment performance for Beanie but career making one for Julie.

Unfortunately, Barbra never did see the show with Lea Michele!

Harmony's next for Julie...As for Lea, Chess?

In the illustration, who is the other Fanny in the back?

Aug 31 2023, 01:39:40 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "
I know there are people that liked her in the role, but I wasn't one of them, and, FWIW, I loved her inDolly.Putting our personal opinions aside, though, this is show business, an industry that Beanie knows well. She underperformed at the box office, and was replaced for it. The producers did what they had to do to keep the production afloat. Was it unceremonious and messy? Sure, but desperate times called for despe

I saw her Sunday -- it was a surprisingly muted performance all around...
 Aug 30 2023, 02:06:25 PM

Barbra must have been strong as a horse. (Hope she spills “everything” in her bio.)

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 28 2023, 09:36:53 AM

ACL2006 said: "It's interesting that the awards are two weeks away and there are almost no details on what's actually going to happen."

FWIW, CBS ran a commercial last night for the broadcast.

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 13 2023, 12:11:46 PM

Just grasping at straws here.  A telethon benefitting ______, hosted by theatre -friendly Hollywood types….Streep, Blanchett, Springsteen, Taylor Swift doing a number on tour?

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Sep 21 2022, 10:06:15 AM

Watching her on Drew now. Sounds very interesting.  Doesn't seem she’ll sing.

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6
 Sep 6 2022, 05:26:25 PM

Unless Lea is criticized by some for not caring about Covid.  Sigh,

Sep 6 2022, 04:59:11 PM

Penna2 said: "May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'RL'"

Perfect, but which Broadway diva would never allow a construction "seam" to bisect their face??

Sep 6 2022, 12:11:19 PM

Kad said: "jacobsnchz14 said: ""

Surely I cannot be alone in thinking that giant rose photoshopped onto her head looks like a very silly rush job.
"

You're not, but in the movie, at least, Nick sends Fanny yellow flowers a couple of times. <shrug>

Sep 5 2022, 04:16:28 PM

I’m so excited for the inevitable reports on Twitter and elsewhere tomorrow night, being careful to avoid those who still have a bone to pick with Michele.

When she was announced, I think I was the first on this forum to predict she’d be a smash! :)

Aug 28 2022, 07:30:20 PM

Ke3 said: "Have any of the people calling Julie an Eve Harrington actually seen All About Eve? Eve got a lot more than one night a week as a standby performer. Understudies have been interacting with fans like this for years now. This entire situation has been blown up into this ridiculous soap opera."

That’s true about Eve.  When she received the Sarah Siddons award, with the audience in awe of her, wasn’t she starring in Lloyd’s new productio

Aug 28 2022, 03:36:35 PM

RippedMan said: "I'm waiting to be explained how this is a similar situation?"

Waiting to be explained?

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 3 2022, 10:12:28 AM

Bravo, Lia!

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 2 2022, 09:53:20 AM

It was a conscious choice to contrast what’s to come in a few weeks.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You