News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Amos Hart2

Member Name: Amos Hart2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lange and Harris to lead LONG DAY’S JOURNEY film
 Nov 29 2022, 10:39:28 AM

I'm sure there are those who will disagree, or make the usual jokes, but Faye Dunaway was born to play Mary.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Sep 29 2022, 11:38:39 AM

No surprise that ticket sales are better than ever with Lea Michele in the lead, but the triumph is hers rather than the show's.  I'm wondering about the fate of the show after LM's eventual departure.  I assume she didn't sign an open-ended contract.  Do the producers close the show when she leaves or do they try to find yet another Fanny?  

I'm also curious about LM's post-FG career.  The Lea/Rachel/GLEE/FG thing has played itself

Ben Platt TONIGHT at the Hollywood Bowl
 Sep 25 2022, 07:44:56 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I find it interesting that he sang “Waving Through A Window” on the day DEH closed. He noted it would be the one and only time he’d sing it during a live show. So now he’s not performing any songs from the show that made him famous? Has he denounced the show now that he was ridiculed for the film?

I guess he’s a serious pop star now.
"

It could be an issue of royalties.  Performers have to pay royalties on songs they perform live.  (Paul McCartney talked about having to pay to perform songs that he wrote but no longer owns.). It's possible that the producers of DEH upped the asking price because didn't want Platt to perform the songs in concert while the show was still running on Broadway and during the show's national tour out of concern that Platt's tour could cut into ticket sales.  ("Hear the original Evan Hansen sing the songs from DEAR EVAN HANSEN!"

Also, if Platt is hoping to establish himself as a recording artist and live performer, it makes sense that he would want to focus on new material to establish that he is Ben Platt and not "Evan Hansen".  Otherwise, he would run the risk of turning into a nostalgia act, hitting the road every few years to trot out the DEH songs.  

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 12 2022, 01:03:06 PM

Lorna Joe said: "Lea out... tested positive for COVID. Julie Benko in until Sept. 18th. Get well soon, Lea."

A rough break for Lea, especially after a triumphant opening night.

It's one thing after another with this show -- the illnesses, the early departures, the actress going on with script in hand because all of the other understudies were already filling in for other cast members.  Did someone turn off the ghost light or mention a certain Shakespe

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6
 Aug 23 2022, 03:21:55 PM

I'm curious to see how FG fares once the Fall 2022 musicals begin their runs.  While I'm sure that Lea Michele's presence will create excitement, at the same time, she will be Fanny #3 in a months-old production that received so-so reviews and whose alleged backstage drama has been more buzzworthy than its on stage drama.  Even if Michele gives the performance of a lifetime, will that be enough to draw audiences away from newer, fresher shows, especially if those shows r

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 1 2022, 04:24:16 PM

Sutton Ross said: "DrMonicaDeMoneco said: "I did laugh out loud during the curtain speech when what’s his name said they learned so much from Beanie. And why didn’t she say anything? Where was her speech?"

Hmmm.....

In other news, her face was scrubbed from all things Funny Girl at exactly midnight last night. Merch, website, etc.

"

She's probably still in the decks of playing cards...

Does anyone know if beanie is on today?
 Jul 23 2022, 04:10:43 PM

Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that, at this point, Beanie's plan is to stay under the radar, finish her run, and move on to her next project.

Other possible bio-musicals?
 Jul 14 2022, 10:37:09 PM

Papa Denny Doherty wrote a musical about Cass Elliot.  It played Off-Off-Broadway years ago -- in the 1990s, maybe?  Wish I had seen it...

By the way, is "biomusical" a relatively new term?  It makes me think of biology rather than biography, and leads me to imagine the opening of MENDEL!, the new biomusical starring Kelsey Grammer.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 11 2022, 01:23:01 PM

Much can be read into Jane's early departure, but on the other hand, it makes sense to have the two replacements debut on the same night.  

Jun 16 2022, 10:00:49 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "

That drawing of Jane Lynch is horrible.  It reminds me of a comic book character from the 1970s -- The Joker's Daughter.  Change the hair color to green and she could wreak havoc in Gotham City.

And in case you need convincing...

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2126/6897/products/img806_470x.jpg?v=1551570439

May 9 2022, 12:50:59 PM

Shower Singer said: "It will be interesting to see how this impacts the box office.

I'm curious about that, too.  I imagine that not being nominated can hurt a show in terms of the show missing out on the Tony Awards program as a great promotional platform, but I wonder how much the nominations or lack thereof impact a more casual theatergoer's decision whether or not to see a certain show.

Apr 29 2022, 10:41:24 AM

BrodyFosse123 said: "pagereynolds said: "ACL2006 said: "Who's Ramin's understudy?"

Jeremiah James is listed as his standby.
"

"

Hello, Gorgeous!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You