News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for expectingtheworst

Member Name: expectingtheworst
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

El Mago Pop - Odd Ticket Situation
 Aug 22 2023, 08:10:00 PM

Ensemble1692729508 said: "Apparently those tickets are all sold to Spaniards but due to an airline strike over there a lot of them can’t get here. It’s a huge bummer for them. Nothing shady going on there just a lot of disappointed fans."

Can you explain how you know the tickets were sold to Spaniards? And why you created an account today just today to defend the scammy things going on with the show. 

Also by a quick google search, there

El Mago Pop - Odd Ticket Situation
 Aug 21 2023, 08:07:29 PM

this may be a crazy idea but with all the info floating around on Reddit about the plants and scams, I do have to think…

Could the show have purchased a bunch of tickets to make the theatre look full/sold out? Then they put out this free ticket ad and just send those tickets to people?

My guess is that they are incredibly unorganized and that’s why these double ticketing things happen.

Idk it may be crazy… but I mean anything is possible with bway thes

EL MAGO POP Previews
 Aug 19 2023, 10:21:13 PM

Went to see the show tonight  it was alright, some cool magic tricks, overall enjoyable. I wish there were more tricks though, he talks a ton about his life, while it’s interesting…. It’s a lot.

There seemed to be a lot of double seating/ticketing issues so it got started a bit late. Does anyone know what this is about? There were two protestors outside of the theatre, these are the signs:

EL MAGO POP Previews
 Aug 18 2023, 10:31:22 AM

I'm a bit skeptical about these ticket sales... I was walking home from work last night and these two young girls were standing in the middle of times square (i heard them say to someone they worked for the publicity company or something like that) and they handed out free tix to the show to anyone who was speaking spanish....

it was something, i wish i thought to take a pic - they had a HUGE stack... probably over 150 tix

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
 Jul 1 2023, 12:38:16 PM

I cannot believe they are selling "Meet and Greet" tickets at $399 per ticket for this show!! It's a a section of the main orchestra level but nothing too special.  Insanity!!!!! And they're hiring someone to facilitate this - https://www.playbill.com/job/broadway-vip-concierge/5b2d789d-d8a1-4840-a711-66daf6ecc510 

King James
 May 8 2023, 09:21:05 PM

Just a reminder to those attending the show - MTC has two mask required performances a week, Tuesday Evenings and Sunday Matinees :)

Who will be the next Broadway Madame Rose?
 Jan 28 2023, 09:37:28 PM

It was supposed to be Audra - Rudin was working on it prior to the shutdown.

I know sounds crazy if you are thinking like the Shuffle Along drama but it was in the works.

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
 Jan 18 2023, 06:42:44 PM

Jarethan said: "Remember several years ago (at least) there was a young poster named ‘Phillysomething’ who made these hyperbolic statements and defended them to the death. I wonder whether Flash is the new improved Philliesomething. Either way, it is time for your meds."

I'm pretty sure Flash is just someone who is in the press office or in cahoots with them and trying to stir up drama as this particular office has always done. 

Bad Cinderella needs to go to the Winter Garden
 Jan 17 2023, 11:38:59 AM

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 11 2023, 11:57:55 PM

Robbie2 said: "Luscious said: "Demand For Broadway’s ‘Parade’ With Ben Platt Temporarily Crashes Ticketing Site

"So not true, nope - wrong! Just an item placed by the PR team to the press. The whole site Telecharge was down in general not because of demand for Parade tickets.

yup - I mean just look at who the PR team is the other random bs they've placed.

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 11 2023, 10:59:42 PM

Luscious said: "Demand For Broadway’s ‘Parade’ With Ben Platt Temporarily Crashes Ticketing Site

I mean this proves that it was just a giant press stunt i think.  They put it on sale at the same time as Broadway week knowing it would crash the system (i fully understand that telecharge has it's issues) but like if you take a look at the performances for parade... it's just a flat out lie. 

Deadline was also one of the first to post the original announcement so they probably had an embargoed release and then did this follow up piece.

Piano Lesson Rush
 Jan 8 2023, 08:29:52 PM

I heard from someone who works in press that Samuel L. Jackson will be out of the show Weds - Saturday this week, if you purchased telecharge you'll get an email on the 9th. 

Just wanted to let y'all know in case people were going specifically fpr him,

JOY musical will be produced in an NFT Metaverse
 Dec 22 2022, 03:40:20 PM

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Review-Roundup-Erika-Henningsen-Stars-in-JOY-World-Premiere-at-George-Street-Playhouse-20221221

Reviews are out - seems score is good and book is bad. no surprise about the bad book tho...

AIN'T NO MO to close December 18
 Dec 15 2022, 06:59:56 PM

WJP and O&M are sending out comp links to everyone in the industry telling them to send to everyone they know for Friday and Sat Mat. 

Dec 14 2022, 01:22:39 PM

WJP and O&M are on this show and they were the people that were complacent in Rudin's behavior.  

Dec 12 2022, 10:05:04 PM

This piece in the Hollywood Reporter just came out.  Does it bug anyone else that they are now saying "the eviction" was a metaphor because the original post made it sound like they were blaming the shuberts. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/aint-no-mo-jordan-e-cooper-saving-broadway-play-1235280568/

Laura Osnes New Song
 Oct 5 2022, 10:15:21 AM

https://yewtu.be/watch?v=0Dvh7OsXw0Q

Ooooooof

THE PIANO LESSON Previews
 Sep 21 2022, 01:42:55 PM

April Saul said: "Hey all--I'm going tonight and will report back. In the meantime, for travel purposes, it'd be extremely helpful to know the running time. If anyone who went and didn't feel like reviewing the show could share that, I'd be very grateful "

My friend went last night and said 3 hours including intermission.

Jasper at Signature Theatre
 Sep 19 2022, 02:05:49 PM

Has anyone else seen this? I went last week... I thought Abigail Hawk was brilliant.  The overall direction seemed a bit clunky so I think that's why I didn't enjoy Jessica Pimental & Domonic Furmosa as much as I thought I would... it's a very sad story though.

Phantom Closing?
 Sep 16 2022, 05:24:16 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Maybe it’ll transfer to New World Stages."

I actually heard from a friend on the marketing side of the industry that it will be moving to Stage 42.  Kinky Boots is not selling well and they are going to likely post closing soon,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You