News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Dark_Vader

Dark_Vader Profile Photo
Member Name: Dark_Vader
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FUNNY GIRL on Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 13 2022, 05:43:57 PM

I can't stop from laughing after reading that ad and that article!

$18/hour - no benefits. A snack or lunch if desired? Cooking meals? Cleaning bathrooms? Driving and pumping gas?

Those are the duties of a maid and a chauffeur not a personal assistant.

And the cherry on top of this bat-sh*t cake is that she has an EXECUTIVE assistant! What exactly is there left for the Executive Assistant to do? The Personal Assistant has done everything including the duti

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020
 Sep 12 2022, 08:26:57 PM

I love the street thug vibe they gave to his movements. Sorry I missed this. 

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID live-action movie musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 12 2022, 08:50:45 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "Dark_Vader said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Dark_Vader said: "The uproar over Halle Bailey's casting in this film is disturbing. It's also happening with the casting choices for House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.

No matter how these objectors try to justify their views it is blatant racism. Where was it ever written that any of these characters had to be specifically white?

These are tal

Disney's THE LITTLE MERMAID live-action movie musical - News & Discussion Thread
 Sep 12 2022, 08:39:00 AM

Seb28 said: "Dark_Vader, so why not react on people here and what is discussed on the board? Because all I see here on the board is objective talk about her voice, choices, direction, etc, just like it happens with any leading lady or bad remake. It is almost as if you are not interested in the actual artist at all. Or the movie for that matter."

Why are you assuming things about me that are not true. I *am* interested in the artist and the movie. Case in point:

Sep 12 2022, 08:27:05 AM

And just to be clear my post was not directed at anyone else on this thread. I was just bringing up a point of discussion regarding this film.

So please don't @ me. 

Chill. 

Sep 12 2022, 08:19:32 AM

hearthemsing22 said: "Dark_Vader said: "The uproar over Halle Bailey's casting in this film is disturbing. It's also happening with the casting choices for House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.

No matter how these objectors try to justify their views it is blatant racism. Where was it ever written that any of these characters had to be specifically white?

These are tales that are rooted in fantasy!The racist backlash to peopl

Sep 12 2022, 08:12:24 AM

Dancingthrulife2 said: "Dark_Vader said: "The uproar over Halle Bailey's casting in this film is disturbing. It's also happening with the casting choices for House of the Dragon and Rings of Power.

These are tales that are rooted in fantasy!The racist backlash to peo

Sep 11 2022, 02:53:20 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "I just don’t understand all of these Disney remakes. Like I tried to watch The Lion King-the live action with the animals…I didn’t get through it.

Beauty and The Beast-remind me, did that do well?

Aladdin-box office success?

They need to come up with new ideas.
"

Beauty and the Beast's 2017 live action remake is the highest grossing live action musical of all

Sep 11 2022, 02:28:21 PM

The uproar over Halle Bailey's casting in this film is disturbing. It's also happening with the casting choices for House of the Dragon and Rings of Power

These are tales that are rooted in fantasy! The racist backlash to people of color in fantasy is rooted in a larger desi

Pinocchio Live Action Movie Musical 2022
 Sep 11 2022, 11:34:59 AM

I saw this as well. It is unwatchable. It is by far one of the worst of Disney's animated-to-live reinterpretations. 

One of the worst films of 2022. 

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Sep 11 2022, 11:30:59 AM

Famebroadway2 said: "So she is out for my performance next Saturday and all regular priced tickets for the next few months are gone. Does anyone know how long she is in the show for? I want to grab tix for Jan, but not sure if they ever announced an end date for her contract."

I believe she is in the show for 6 months.

Sep 10 2022, 11:03:54 PM

BarnabyTucker said: "Doesn't there come a point where producers owe a duty to their employees to put their health over profits? It seems like COVID is spreading like wildfire through this company and that everyone either has it or is a sitting duck waiting for it to hit them.

Obviously they're keeping the doors open for the sake of revenue--and they're likely not going to take a hiatus unless Michele tests positive--but shouldn't the safety and well-being o

Sep 10 2022, 05:32:12 PM

SoCalDirector said: "Dark_Vader said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL. Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all. Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY.
"

Thank you. I found info on the web regarding both adaptations of Yentl via BarbraArchives and IBDB.

I did not mention Barbra Streisand or her film in my original post.
"

And that's very true. And it is the same character. In fact Barbra said something to the effect that Tovah was her Yentl buddy. I'm sure someone will have the exact quote.

I did not know until that interview that Tovah's real name was Terri Sue. And that she switched to her Hebrew name as a professional name.
"

I just found that out as well when I was doing my quick research on Tovah. She recently penned a memoir entitled "Lilyville" which she briefly mentions in the interview I included in my original post. I also came across this lovely picture of Tovah standing underneath the Eugene O'Neill marquee with her parents during the run of "Yentl". 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Sep 10 2022, 04:58:44 PM

I would love to see Orfeh take on the role of the Witch.

I just have to ask out of curiosity are no other actresses outside of women of color considered for this role anymore? 

Sep 10 2022, 04:47:36 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage.

Tovah originated the role in the 1975 Broadway play YENTL. Barbra Streisand’s 1983 musical film isn’t based on this play at all. Streisand’s film and the play only share the same source book YENTL, THE YESHIVA BOY.
"

Thank you. I found info on the web regarding both adaptations of Yentl via Barb

Ohio State Murders to Re-Open The Jones
 Sep 10 2022, 03:00:17 PM

Beautiful work done on the facade and the entrance overhang. Classy and elegant. Much deserved Mr. Jones! 

“Little Shop” Film Remake Postponed Indefinitely
 Sep 10 2022, 02:54:42 PM

It's dead in the water - NOT HAPPENING

Sep 10 2022, 02:47:04 PM

Wishing Ms. Michele a speedy recovery so she can return to that stage and continue knocking 'em dead.

I loved this interview with all 4 principals. So much love and support from these 4. Tovah is such a legend and super-adorable. I did not know she originated the role of "Yentl" on stage (she mentions this in the interview).

Sam Mendes to direct new Jack Thorne-penned play about the Richard Burton/John Gielgud 'Hamlet'
 Jul 27 2022, 04:31:31 PM

This is intriguing. My parent owned the recording of this production on vinyl. It consisted of 4 long playing records. 

Stage Adaptation of "High Noon" to open on Broadway in 2023
 Jul 27 2022, 04:26:07 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "Written by Eric Roth (his Broadway debut), directed by Michael Arden"

Interesting. "High Noon" is one of my all time favorite films. I make it a point to watch it every year. Hoping they cast this with some interesting folks. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You