News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYCtheaterguy

Member Name: NYCtheaterguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Where’s WhizzerMarvin?
 Jun 5 2024, 02:09:01 PM

Where have people moved to for their fix of theatre commentary?

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE -- Standing Room Line Question
 May 3 2024, 01:19:39 PM

Are they still trying to seat all the SRO people just before the show and if so, are they able to seat every standee?

BTW can the 2 Enemy of the People SRO  threads be merged?

Lempicka Lottery/Rush
 Mar 26 2024, 04:26:05 PM

Over the weekend I checked out the telecharge online rush 90 min after the official start of sales and they still had a side seat advertised as partial view, which I bought.  It ended up being B6 orchestra and 1 seat in from the extreme side and I considered it full view.

Recent rush experiences
 Mar 8 2024, 11:24:53 PM

Does An Enemy of the People sell standing room at the box office when the show sells out?  I see that some lottery winners are assigned standing but I haven't won in many tries and with the show selling out regularly, I was hoping that they might sell some additional standing spots at the box office.

HERE LIES LOVE closing November 26
 Nov 26 2023, 09:02:45 PM

I was at the closing performance too and don't have much to add to quizking101's wonderful overview except a few points:

- the audience crying started around 15 min from the end and someone brought a box of tissues and passed it around (how did they get it past the watchful ushers?)

- Unless I just never noticed it before, at the beginning of Eleven Days, ensemble members got to shout out various lines like "what you drinking' baby girl?"

- the

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons
 Oct 31 2023, 11:50:56 AM

Did it need to be 3h 10m?

Perhaps people who consider it long might think of it as a regular- or slightly longish-play (say 2:50) with an additional 15-20 minutes of music embedded in it. The first act felt a little long (about 1:45) but there was a lot of "action" in act 2 and that act flew by.

I miss Ben Brantley
 Oct 30 2023, 01:22:54 AM

I don't miss him at all.  For the longest time he would be cool to earnest, heartfelt musicals like Ragtime while being far more generous to campier shows.  He would elevate pretentious shows - the more inscrutable the better - as a way to parade around his elitism. Remember how it went terribly wrong when he raved about Squonk at PS122 and based on that producers moved it to Broadway?  

And he would use his love of blonde divas almost as a cudgel to beat down th

The Official TDF Thread
 Sep 29 2023, 11:23:24 PM

I'm also very interested in knowing where TDF seated tix for Here Lies Love have been recently.  If people could share what day of the week and if matinee or evening performance that would be great!

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Aug 17 2023, 06:28:27 PM

Friends are coming in to town and want to see Wicked (don't even...) and looking for discounts.  They are coming late September, so outside the Broadway Week window.  What discount options are available?  I don't see it listed at TKTS Live.  Are discount codes out there?

Here Lies Love Rush
 Jul 25 2023, 12:11:58 PM

Has anyone tried in-person rush the past few days?  Do you still get a choice of standing vs. sitting in rear mezz?

Sufjan Stevens & Justin Peck's
 Jul 3 2023, 02:16:10 PM

For more comments about the show, check out the Sufjan Stevens subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sufjan/

HERE LIES LOVE - Broadway Previews
 Jul 1 2023, 04:59:27 PM

Selling a spare ticket for tonight - July 1 - at 8pm. Standing, $50.  See the Buy & Sell board.

Rush tickets right before a peformance?
 Jun 23 2023, 11:15:09 PM

I got a $35 rush seat to Grey House 5 minutes before curtain.  It was the left-most seat (M17) but perfectly fine.

Black Parade stage musical?
 Jun 19 2023, 10:20:23 PM

July 4th Discounts?
 Jun 19 2023, 10:02:48 PM

Haven't shows done July 4th fire sale discounts in the past?  Does anyone recall when they start getting announced?

Sweeney Todd Standing Room
 Jun 8 2023, 07:32:16 PM

Previous thread: https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1156087 - it seems like the box office is still waiting for a full sellout before putting SRO on sale.

HERE LIES LOVE to transfer to Broadway in spring 2023?
 May 20 2023, 11:40:01 AM

For those wondering about the 5/20 box office opening in-person ticket sale, the first day available for the $90 floor/$45 mezzanine seats was June 23.  Fans must have bought up tickets for the first week of performances.  And the $45 mezzanine seats were rear mezzanine.  The giveaway peach pies and drinks were delicious!

Did Schubert and Nederlander ever co-produce
 May 14 2023, 12:37:32 AM

From 1981, the New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/11/29/theater/he-s-the-avis-of-the-theater-world.html

At the moment, all of Mr. Nederlander's Broadway theaters are filled. That is why, in a rare incidence of detente, he produced ''Nicholas Nickleby'' with the rival Shubert Organization. ''I had the rights to it,'' he explains. ''I have a relationship with the Royal Shakespeare Company. I'm on their board. I thought 'Nicholas Nickleby' was one of the greatest things I'd ever seen, but I didn't have a theater for it. The Shuberts had a theater. I produced the Royal Shakespeare Company's 'Sherlock Holmes' with the Shuberts for the same reason. I didn't have a theater to play the show in.''

Gerald Schoenfeld and Bernard Jacobs, who head the Shubert Organization, and Mr. Nederlander are often not on speaking terms. But they were brought together for ''Nicholas Nickleby'' by Miss McCann, who began her career as a factotum in Mr. Nederlander's office and has managed to remain close to both producing organizations. They are charging $100 - the highest in Broadway history - for all seats to ''Nicholas Nickleby,'' a stage adaptation of the Dickens novel that lasts eight and a half hours.

''We won't make any money,'' Mr. Nederlander says in defense of the $100 tickets. ''The show is just too expensive. I think it will break even or lose a little. I said to Bernie Jacobs, 'Not everything is commercial. ''Nickleby'' should be done for the sake of the arts here.' We each put up half of the money, $500,000 each.''

2023 Pulitzer Prize for Drama Predictions
 May 8 2023, 05:28:39 PM

The Pulitzer jury for drama consisted of

David John Chávez (Chair)
Chair, American Theatre Critics Association; Correspondent, San Jose Mercury News

Vinson Cunningham
Staff Writer, The New Yorker

Soraya Nadia McDonald
Senior Culture Critic, Andscape

Heidi Schreck
Playwright, Brooklyn, N.Y.

Kristina Wong
Performance Artist/Playwright, Los Angeles, Calif.

PRIMA FACIE Rush/Lottery
 May 3 2023, 12:04:32 AM

Nmk said: "In line for rush tickets. Got here at 7:50( for 10 am ). 4 people in front of me.11 total people in line"

Thanks for posting.  Where were your seats?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You