News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lkerr2

lkerr2 Profile Photo
Member Name: lkerr2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Dec 6 2022, 10:50:00 AM

CatLady3 said: "She's amazing of course but wow, she looks wonderful!

And Barbra wrote her a letter - finally! That's sweet.

Interview video, performance video.
"

I can imagine the producers rejoicing over this and patting their own backs for pushing through with Lea. It's basically a stamp of approval from Babs, don't you think? Plus the daughter of Jule Styne praising and supporting Lea? That's one helluva validation. I wonder if ticket sales will increase even more

Nov 28 2022, 11:23:42 PM

CatLady3 said: "Nicole Kidman is in tonight's show."

Lea's post

Is it safe to say that since Lea and Tovah's casting, the rave reviews and word of mouth have helped increase the attendance of big celebs/personalities? Must be very exciting for the cast that they're getting all these opportunities! 

FUNNY GIRL 2022 New Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Nov 19 2022, 06:24:43 AM

CarlosAlberto said: "Ask me why I was shimmying my way down 8th Avenue to the tune of Cornet Man. LOL"

I'm in another country right now but was doing the same while I was running errands around the city earlier lol. Cornet Man is definitely the surprising standout for me.

Nov 17 2022, 02:08:30 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "In her speech she kinda let it slip and said, “original cast broadway album.”

​​​​

Weren't she pointing to the rest of the cast when she said it? It is a bit of a weird situation anyway since the whole cast, except her and Tovah, is the original cast. It seemed to me that the intention of the "original" was about them and less on her. Anyway, the album cover posted on her account, if that is the final one,

Sep 8 2022, 12:55:51 PM

From Broadway World's IG. 

Sep 8 2022, 12:36:53 PM

New marquee? Someone on reddit posted this

Sep 7 2022, 05:54:06 AM

Dolly80 said: "It’s so lovely that everyone has forgotten her terrible behaviour to many many people, just because she can belt out a tune. What a world."

Ooh, my experience has been different. So far, I've seen it brought up on every social media I've seen (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, Youtube, Tiktok). The articles I've also read mention it. I don't think Lea will ever escape that esp now that certain people are waiting (and egging on

Sep 7 2022, 12:16:47 AM

A review from NY Post is up Lea Michele lifts broadway show out of the guttah

Sep 6 2022, 10:10:20 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Hey, Mr. Arnstein… here she is:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRPEQrgP/
"

Lord. It's just the opening night but we already have 2 accounts so far of people recording inside and right outside the theatre for Lea lol 

Sep 6 2022, 09:32:58 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "She is absolute perfection. Completely nailing the role. Her “Parade” was of another world but her “Star” and “People” were also top-notch. Super funny and charismatic in addition to her world-class vocals. Couldn’t be more thrilled with her performance so far."

Is it true she's gotten 4 standing ovations before intermission? 

Lea Michele to Star as Fanny Brice in FUNNY GIRL starting 9/6
 Sep 6 2022, 08:01:06 AM

Lea Michele Makes ‘Funny Girl’ Debut Tonight Free Of Critics (For Now)

Seems like critics will be formally invited towards the end of September so they'll get the full company/other principal actors, and to give Lea and Tovah some time to perform together. 

Sep 5 2022, 11:18:48 PM

Jimmyb1969 said: "Any word on how the dress rehearsal went?"

Checked some instagram accounts of the cast and there's none so far. A few just mentioned how excited they are or how they're looking forward to tomorrow. Julie and Ephie have also officially welcomed Lea to the "fanny pack" by giving her a few gifts.

Sep 5 2022, 12:51:48 PM

New article: Say 'hello, gorgeous' to your first look at Lea Michele as Fanny Brice in Funny Girl

Sep 1 2022, 08:16:07 AM

New article from the New York Times: Lea Michele Is Well Aware That The Pressure Is On

Apparently, according to Mayer, Lea was at the top of the list already when they were planning the transfer from London to Broadway. Also clarifies that she didn't outright steal the role from Beanie like others have been saying; that she just offered to step in if they were gonna look for a replacement when Beanie's run ends. She will also seem to amp up the comedy in her run, and there will be an interlude of "I'd Rather Be Blue Over You"

Aug 26 2022, 10:26:28 AM

Julie reposted an IG story of someone who watched the show. Apparently, the changes are: keys, new lines, and choreo. Didn't say how big of a change though in terms of the new lines. I'm thinking the new choreo is mostly for Rat-Tat-Tat-Tat? They probably toned down the tap dancing for the lead to help Lea once she starts since she isn't really a dancer. 

For anyone who watched, how significant were the changes? 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 13 2022, 07:42:49 AM

Social media updates from Lea, Masumi (another dancer), and Ephie 

Second photo's caption:
Masumi - "I had to screen shot, I made @leamichele 'a Instagram debut 👏👏​​​​​​​👏 Her voice is unbelievable and I can't wait for audience to hear it 🤩😭​​​​​​​❤️ See my butt? It's mine!!"
Lea - "The incredible @ephieaardema got a photo of me singing Don't Rain On My Parade on a Broadway stage for the first time ever today! @ephieaardema You are amazing I ❤️ you!!!"

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Aug 3 2022, 11:26:34 AM

Penna2 said: "lkerr2 said: "If anyone's interested, Lea and team have cancelled the rest of her tour due to FG rehearsals. Her fans seem to be split about this and there are people who feel betrayed by her. So, the fan support will be interesting to see once she opens the show.

Anyway, it seems like they're not gonna change anything much, at least choreo-wise, since it looks like Lea's gonna be trained a lot on the tap dancing. And maybe the extra rehe

Aug 3 2022, 06:22:32 AM

binau said: "Does anyone have any photos of what the marquee looks like now with Benko?

Looks like it's just the plain "Funny Girl" title

Reference: Julie's IG story earlier

from Julie's IG story earlier

Aug 3 2022, 02:08:41 AM

If anyone's interested, Lea and team have cancelled the rest of her tour due to FG rehearsals. Her fans seem to be split about this and there are people who feel betrayed by her. So, the fan support will be interesting to see once she opens the show.

Anyway, it seems like they're not gonna change anything much, at least choreo-wise, since it looks like Lea's gonna be trained a lot on the tap dancing. And maybe the extra rehearsal time is for her to get unused to the Rachel

Aug 1 2022, 12:08:47 AM

Penna2 said: "Dollypop said: "Be assured that Beanie has a bright career ahead of her in dinner theater."

My thoughts are more mini-series or small TV movies - what she was doing before. They seem to be a good fit for her on so many levels. Dinner theater actually wouldn't be a bad idea if she wants to continue working on stage. Take some serious acting classes.

I do give her credit for finishing out the last couple of weeks with grace.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You