News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for xoxobwayjohndoe

Member Name: xoxobwayjohndoe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Here We Are 12/22 half price
 Dec 21 2023, 03:07:58 PM

bandbfilm said: "Bumping this one - tickets still available. Thanks"

If you’re still looking to sell them, you may have luck with The Theatr App. A direct consumer-to-consumer marketplace for theater tickets. Here We Are sells frequently on there.

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Previews
 Sep 18 2023, 10:02:03 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "the folding chair reference went stright over my head. thank god sutton is here to explain that this makes me a racist.

the more time passes, and the more i think about this show, the more impressed i am with how well they pulled it off. i mean that as a criticism of the underlying script (out of date, creaky) and as a HUGE compliment to this production and the enduring beauty/power of the piece as a whole. im going to go again, and i urge yall (rac

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
 Sep 18 2023, 09:53:44 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "xoxobwayjohndoe said:

So the difference here is that this info is... about a medical topic? Which is not forbidden content on these boards?"

Yes. Exactly. Bingo.

Speculating and gossiping about which show is closing, which theater is being booked, which actor is leaving/joining a show, is universes away from speculating and gossiping about someone's HEALTH.

If someone is just sharing information that the actor pu

Sep 17 2023, 04:57:07 PM

MatthewS1 said: "ACL2006 said: "The show's assistant director, Austin Regan, is making his debut and going on as Tommy O'Rourke/Fred Weintraub for the matinee. Robert Pendilla is on as Bert Burns, Paige Faure is still on as Jaye. Ninako is covering two tracks and Makia is covering two female tracks. Preston Perez was called in to cover a male track."

Just wanted to say I appreciate these in-depth updates. It’s interesting to see how a show

Sep 16 2023, 04:22:11 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "xoxobwayjohndoe said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Lesson of the day: Don't tell the masses that someone has covid if you don't know for sure that they do (r.e. Robyn Hurder). Pretty tactless thing to do after three years of pandemic."

The masses? This is a message board for Broadway discussion and gossip.

Also, with this number of people out at once – and growing – it is logical to assume that it

Sep 16 2023, 04:21:09 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "xoxobwayjohndoe said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Lesson of the day: Don't tell the masses that someone has covid if you don't know for sure that they do (r.e. Robyn Hurder). Pretty tactless thing to do after three years of pandemic."

Also, with this number of people out at once – and growing – it is logical to assume that it

Sep 16 2023, 12:04:00 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Lesson of the day: Don't tell the masses that someone has covid if you don't know for sure that they do (r.e. Robyn Hurder). Pretty tactless thing to do after three years of pandemic."

Also, with this number of people out at once – and growing – it is logical to assume that it is likely COVID. In these situations, the track record of assum

Cursed Child... right or wrong to support?
 Sep 16 2023, 11:46:53 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "It's a personal decision that each person has to make on their own whether or not to support it. People have different moral standards, priorities, and opinions. I don't think arguing is going to sway anyone on either side of the issue."

Perhaps not, but people here are lambasting the very suggestion that financial support for the show could be ethically compromised – because everyone has the “right” to spend their m

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Aug 31 2023, 07:57:04 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "LABORDAY23 for 20% off on SeatGeek through Labor Day."

Just to fill in with more info: It's 20% off, with a maximum discount of $25

Stage Door situation 2023
 Aug 28 2023, 03:34:34 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "xoxobwayjohndoe said: "One major difference that I wish more people would talk about is the frequency with which people get the flu. I'm sure there is non-anecdotal data, but I think I've had the flu, on average, fewer than once per decade."

I greatly envy you. I got it all four years when I was in high school.
"

Oh, students definitely comprise a subset that contracts illnesses, in gene

Stage Door situation 2023
 Aug 28 2023, 03:26:38 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Here's my thing, though: All viruses mutate. All viruses spawn new variants. All of them. Every endemic virus in existence.

But why do people only get in a tizzy over it with covid? Covid is basically endemic at this point, like the flu. Why don't we freak out over new variants of other viruses?

This is just my view of course, but I personally group covid in with all the other endemi

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 19 2023, 12:39:57 PM

IdinaBellFoster said: "The website is so glitchy. I opened up a new browser and didn’t have to wait in any queue. I immediately selected a performance and chose my seats (very simple). I recommend doing that if you’ve been stuck in the queue.

Got two tickets for October 14th at the $129 price point!
"

I had a similar experience. It seems that, if (while logged in) you can get to the Shed’s drop-down menu, you can choose Program > Cu

Sondheim's Final Musical HERE WE ARE will premiere at The Shed this fall (No, really!)
 Jul 19 2023, 12:05:47 PM

[deleted]

Jul 18 2023, 12:10:21 PM

I just called The Shed. They confirm that Builder I access isn’t until 2pm.

Musical Theater Heaven!
 Mar 29 2023, 03:12:29 PM

Mark_E said: "Curious about in person rush reports for this? And seat locations."

This post suggests front orchestra R/L. When I saw it, I overheard some folks talking about how their lottery tix landed them front row (I assume to one side). Not sure how the line itself was.

Ryan & Uzele to lead NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway
 Mar 20 2023, 04:41:42 PM

MichelleCraig said: "In the Sitzprobe video, there's a snippet from a song with the lyric: "my emeralds weighing me down..." sung by Anna Uzele.

What is that song and where is it from? I know I've heard it before and now that lyric is stuck in my head and Google is not helping me identify the lyric...
"

I believe it's this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P812mPL8Wj8

SWEENEY TODD Revival announces further casting
 Mar 6 2023, 12:29:56 PM

Sneezy0984 said: "The opening number was VASTLY different at the Friday evening performance. They've also made changes to several other scenes. Particularly in regard to the movement."

Anyone have details here? Would love to know if the "hand-framing" choreo is still there for the ensemble.

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 6 2023, 11:56:38 AM

Wednesday's first preview of Shucked is back up, as is Dancin' for this Tuesday/Wednesday evening and a single performance of Life of Pi for Friday, 3/17

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You