News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dinabobbiemanke

Member Name: dinabobbiemanke
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Previews
 Nov 2 2022, 12:21:29 AM

Went tonight, mostly for Clark, who I think gives a lovely performance. Her physical work and facial expressions communicated a lot that I wish the book/songs had taken more time with re character development. I felt the story was too busy. Milligan's role felt like a cardboard cutout - no way did I believe she resembled a real person. I completely agree with what someone said about her seeming to belong in an SNL skit.

There were a few good songs (particularly Clark's Act Two

Ben Platt and Micaela Diamond to star in NYCC Gala presentation of Parade
 Nov 1 2022, 03:04:31 AM

Was there tonight. I love this show, particularly the music. But I'm not sure City Center is the right space for it. I saw this at the Donmar in 2007 and it was served so beautifully by the intimacy of the space. Because City Center is so large, the production was directed in a very 'grand' way. Actors I usually adore, like Paul Alexander Nolan, were SO big and predictable and bordering on cartoonish. Micaela Diamond did lovely work - she is excellent in this.

Leo is SUCH a

Portia: I Chose to Walk Away From Violence
 Oct 25 2022, 12:59:36 AM

Kad said: "And I just re-read Beans' Times profile, uh, you are reading a lot into nothing- it's a profile about her as a performer (also, noteworthy is the fact she and the director have worked together and are friends). There is no "cover up" here."

Gabby just shared Portia's piece on her Instagram. Don't think I'm reading a lot into nothing on that front. In terms of a "cover up", if you comment on The Atlantic's Instagr

Portia: I Chose to Walk Away From Violence
 Oct 24 2022, 01:26:33 PM

The company manager was told about her asthma. In a meeting with a cultural consultant, it was admitted that essentially, she was not believed re the severity of her asthma. That alone reveals textbook biases when it comes to black women's health. The email quoted from the director is embarrassing, and tells me he was more interested in covering his own ass than actually apologizing and taking accountability. 'I apologize if this seems defensive' is not an apology. I think a lot o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You