News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mary_Poppins

Member Name: Mary_Poppins
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl- Vinyl
 May 8 2023, 09:40:05 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "gleek4114 said: "Does Lea regularly sign after evening performances?"

Lea never signs. She waves but doesn’t stop.
"

There was a time at the beginning of the year when she didn't sign due to a Covid upswing but she has been doing it again for at least a month now, I think. She leaves the theater minutes after the show and signs only for the people in the first two rows or so. Probably because she wants t

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Apr 9 2023, 07:25:38 AM

Piparoo said: "Not sure why some feel the need to jump to her defense so aggressively. I wrote that her performance was technically stunning but left me feeling chilly and that chewing gum isn’t a great look at curtain call. The first is clearly my subjective impression of her performance and the second is something we’ve all known since grade school."

Not sure why you feel the need to belabor the point even further.

Apr 8 2023, 10:50:54 PM

Well, here's a different report about Lea at curtain call, spoiler tags because of the length:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cqs5vN-A2Ur/

onairvictoria:

Two weeks ago I drove my Mom into Manhattan to see @funnygirlbwy starring @leamichele but
as we were on line to go in we heard she wouldn't be performing because she had to rush her baby to the hospital. We rescheduled and drove back in yesterday for the Wednesday matinee. Not long before curtain Lea posted on her IG that she had been crying that morning in the hospital bathroom as her son was back in the hospital. We didn't know if she would perform but she did. And she was so beyond phenomenal, a new word must be invented for it. She is incomparable and when you see her as Fanny Brice you understand why it's taken 60 years for a revival to happen since @barbrastreisand played Fanny on Broadway. Barbra is a once-in-a-generation performer and now my gen gets to claim Lea for that same distinction. We all know the saying "the show must go on" but it doesn't really hold that much meaning until you see the mother of a young sick child perform like nothing is wrong. Lea gave her fans 1000%. Her talent is unrivaled. Her perseverance and dedication to the audience and the commitment she made to the production is commendable. At curtain call Lea smiled and waved but as the other lead cast members hugged her, all with facial expressions of concern and love, you could see the harsh reality of what her son is going through creep back over her face. As another cast member was informing the audience about a charity collection for @bcefa (a wonderful group), Lea linked arms and leaned on her co-star @raminkarimloo for support. She was out of Fanny mode and back into worried mom mode. As we drove home my Mom and I couldn't stop raving about her performance but we also kept adding that we marveled at how she was able to perform at that level while her baby was lying in a hospital bed. And then on top of that, she had about 2 and a half hours until she had to do the show all over again. I want to express my gratitude to Lea for giving my mom and me a memory we'll share for the rest of our lives.[...]

And yes, IF she was chewing on something, it was probably health related. Lea is obsessed with taking care of her voice. During the LMDC tour she had a small table with special beverages and a throat spray right on the stage.

ETA: For your amusement, at about 35 seconds into this video:

https://youtu.be/AZ9H4TGKStI?t=32

Mar 26 2023, 01:51:09 PM

DAME said: "Has she been back?"

Yes. Lea's son is out of the hospital and she was back on Saturday - with a cold. Health problems are really haunting her these days.

Mar 21 2023, 06:12:41 PM

shocktheatre, you've let us know that you're a troll more than once now. Good job. Now play elsewhere.

HELP - what to see in March
 Mar 2 2023, 12:55:16 AM

phantom1978 said: "... honestly I have seen it over 80 times worldwide so I will probably just take in some new shows."

You obviously are affluent enough to get a really nice seat in Funny Girl with Lea Michele. Don't forget to check she is performing on your day.

Funny Girl Stage door - lea Michele
 Mar 1 2023, 01:05:05 AM

She has been doing it again before her vacation at least occasionally but don't rely on it. The self-addressed stamped envelope method that was already mentioned is safer. Plus, Lea currently does it really fast, no quick chats with fans like in autumn. Once Covid and the common cold fade into the background, it'll be a better experience again.

Feb 15 2023, 01:26:25 AM

Paul983 said: “Does anyone know what the chances are that this will get extended? I would love to see the show, but won't be there before July.

Good chance. The FG Ticket Concierge hints that new dates, i.e. beyond May 28th, will be announced in late February. Lea said in a recent interview that she will be in this “for a while”.

Jan 17 2023, 11:15:55 AM

MemorableUserName said: "CarlosAlberto said: "This production has to be hands down Broadway’s biggest success story post COVID."

The Music Man was a bigger hit, and didn't waste several months on a subpar version that needed to be retooled to turn it into a hit. That has to be considered more of a success.
"

I think CarlosAlberto was talking about the "story" of which the one final number under the bottom line is o

Lea Michele 'Special' Tony Award
 Jan 16 2023, 07:41:11 PM

UncleCharlie said:
[snip]
"Hey, isn't that the chick from Glee, the one hated by everyone she worked with?"

Not true.

Glee: Darren Criss, Jane Lynch, Iqbal Theba, Dean Geyer, James Earl, Ryan Murphy... have made it clear they still like Lea. Some others were reluctant to get drawn into the mess but refused to say negative things or said it was blown out of proportion.

She seems to be on good terms with most, if not all the original Spring Awakening

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You