News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

HELP - what to see in March

phantom1978
#1HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 1:24am

Flying out to NYC to see Phantom one last time and need suggestions for other shows to see. What’s good out there?

I’ve seen Hadestown, Six, Lion King, Aladdin, Book of Mormon, and Hamilton already. Thanks fellow Broadway fans. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#2HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 1:28am

Kimberly Akimbo.  A wonderful incredibly special musical that has so much heart. 

B212323
#3HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 3:00am

Definitely Kimberly Akimbo, Aaron Tveit is back in Moulin Rouge through April that's worth seeing if you haven't yet. Two revivals start previews soon Sweeney Todd (2/26) and Camelot at Lincoln Center (3/9) 

Piparoo Profile Photo
Piparoo
#4HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 6:26am

In addition to the shows already mentioned - Funny Girl, Little Shop, Life of Pi, Dancin’, Bad Cinderella. I dont’t recommend Moulin Rouge. But obviously it may be your cuppa

Updated On: 2/4/23 at 06:26 AM

JasonC3
#5HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 7:26am

If you like modern dance check out the Batsheva Dance Company.  They are doing a two-week stint at the Joyce and are usually pretty amazing.

Phillyguy
#6HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 7:30am

Funny girl or Kimberly Akimbo. They are different but special in their own ways. Also not a fan of Moulin Rouge but if you want a jukebox, MJ or &Juliet are both very enjoyable. 

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#7HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 7:52am

Dates would help, considering there are a lot of opening/previews in March.

I would hop on the train of & JULIET and KIMBERLY AKIMBO. If it’s late March, I would recommend giving WHITE GIRL IN DANGER at Second Stage a chance since the tickets are cheap right now and it’s a brand new original work

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 8:52am

Kimberly Akimbo!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

newyorker1410
#9HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 11:17am

If you are Flying into see Phantom and you want to play it safe, then Kimberly Akimbo and & Juliet are probably the way to go.

If you want to be a little riskier, then I would recommend The Sign In Sydney Brustein's Window with Oscar Isaac and Rachel Brosnahan, and the musical The Harder They Come at the Public Theater.   Both of those should be events. 

Dollypop
#10HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 12:53pm

I'm not being sarcastic here, but if PHANTOM  means so much to you, why not see it more than once while your here?  You may not get to see it in the same form ever again .I saw Bette Midler in Dolly five times in its closing week.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

phantom1978
#11HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 1:15pm

Dollypop said: "I'm not being sarcastic here, but if PHANTOM means so much to you, why not see it more than once while your here? You may not get to see it in the same form ever again .I saw Bette Midler in Dolly five times in its closing week."

I am thinking about seeing it twice but honestly I have seen it over 80 times worldwide so I will probably just take in some new shows.

phantom1978
#12HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 1:16pm

quizking101 said: "Dates would help, considering there are a lot of opening/previews in March.

I would hop on the train of & JULIET and KIMBERLY AKIMBO. If it’s late March, I would recommend giving WHITE GIRL IN DANGER at Second Stage a chance since the tickets are cheap right now and it’s a brand new original work
"

Just booked tickets to & Juliet. Thanks.

Dollypop
#13HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 1:20pm

I've seen DOLLY! 94 times and could esily sit through it another 94 times.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

phantom1978
#14HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 2:02pm

VernonGersch said: "Kimberly Akimbo. A wonderful incredibly special musical that has so much heart."

Just booked it. Thanks for the suggestion.

phantom1978
#15HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/4/23 at 2:59pm

Dollypop said: "I've seen DOLLY! 94 times and could esily sit through it another 94 times."

I've only go to see it once with Bette Midler and loved every moment of it.

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#16HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/5/23 at 1:07pm

the MUST see show would be

SWEENEY TODD

hak5 Profile Photo
hak5
#17HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 2/5/23 at 1:11pm

if you want something new, maybe try

SHUCKED 

Mary_Poppins
#18HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:55am

phantom1978 said: "... honestly I have seen it over 80 times worldwide so I will probably just take in some new shows."

You obviously are affluent enough to get a really nice seat in Funny Girl with Lea Michele. Don't forget to check she is performing on your day.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#19HELP - what to see in March
Posted: 3/2/23 at 1:17am

Kimberly Akimbo.

Just give the world Love.

Videos