News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for leon1489

leon1489 Profile Photo
Member Name: leon1489
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: My Thoughts on THE LITTLE MERMAID (Long)
 Dec 16 2007, 01:47:07 PM
Warning...this is quite long.

I saw the show on Dec. 14th and LOVED it. It's not without it's flaws, but I have to say it was a magical experience to see it. Granted, it is to this day my favorite movie of all time (call me childlike if you must), so it was an amazing experience to see it. (AND... Alan Menken was two rows ahead of me so my childhood dream basically came true).

I have to say the lighting was spectacular. While I feel the set could have been improved, it worked f

re: Elena Shaddow
 Jul 4 2007, 06:38:38 PM
I hope so... she has got an amazing voice. I saw her in "Piazza" when it toured down in Miami, and her soprano was able to carry all the way to the back of the theatre... and it wasn't just good mics, because sound quality in that theatre is kind of sucky.
re: Worst Speech of the Tonys
 Jun 12 2007, 01:10:21 PM
Definitely Ben Vereen and Usher. Um, you're there to present an award, not tell us about your life stories, guys... seriously, not the place.
re: Ways to Improve the TONYS
 Jun 11 2007, 04:24:30 PM
HOST
I think part of the dullness of this year's ceremony was the lack of humor. Every once in a while, a speech would be amusing, but there was very little humor in the show itself. I feel a presenter's place is to introduce a category, not upstage the award itself (Ben Vereen, anyone?); instead, hire a host to get the night going.

Personally, I think Kristin Chenoweth would be perfect. She's got enough crossover recognition in that theatre people obviously know and love her

re: Most over rated show ..
 Jun 11 2007, 03:38:46 PM
Despite the fact that I'm suffering from major Spring Awakening fatigue right now, I'd have to say that Cats is highly overblown.
re: The 2003-2007 BWW Tony Awards
 Jun 11 2007, 03:37:28 PM
Honestly, I don't do plays. So here are the musical categories.

Best Musical
Hairspray
Avenue Q
Monty Python's Spamalot
Jersey Boys
Spring Awakening

Best Book of a Musical
Hairspray
Avenue Q
The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
The Drowsy Chaperone
Spring Awakening

Best Original Score
Hairspray
Avenue Q
The Light in the Piazza
The Drowsy Chaperone
Spring Awakening

Best Reviv

re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
 Jun 11 2007, 01:26:11 AM
4 or 5. Except for a few performances, there was no reason to watch the show. The awards were all predictable. The performances (on the most part) were not exciting. Not bad. But not amazing. I felt the telecast lacked major energy.
re: Best Quote from the Tonys
 Jun 11 2007, 01:06:15 AM
"I've given it to a lot of actors before" - Harvey Feirstein
re: Grade the Tony Musical Performances
 Jun 11 2007, 12:58:38 AM
Um, so that you know, Jennifer Hudson couldn't sing "And I Am Telling You" for contractual reasons. Not until the Oscars. I'm not saying that she WAS going to be able to perform it during the Tony's... what I'm saying is that Fantasia's performance bored me. Again, she's impressed me before, but not so much tonight. And considering they both performed on American Idol in front of thousands of people, I'd hardly call either one of them afraid of singing in front of large crowds.
 Jun 11 2007, 12:53:27 AM
I wasn't talking about "Staunch". Her tone (and pitch on like a couple of words) was just off... and now it's been cleared up that it was because she's sick.

As for Fantasia... I've been amazed by her before, but not tonight. I really didn't feel this song was a good pick for the evening.

re: Your Personal Tony Disappointments
 Jun 11 2007, 12:51:13 AM
Honestly, the telecast was disappointing to me.

The awards were highly predictable [which isn't the fault of the telecast, but just made it boring]. Many of the performances were phoned in. The lack of host was evident and detrimental.

And Holy Jesus, what is with that new show Vegas?

re: Best (and worst) dressed
 Jun 11 2007, 12:49:09 AM
Um, whoever dressed Marcia Gray Hayden needs to be run over with a taxi. Seriously, that was a disaster.

Christina Applegate's dress was beautiful. So was Idina's, although a more adventurous color wouldnt've hurt. ALSO... Christine Ebersole looked HOT for her age.

Jun 11 2007, 12:47:53 AM
Ah, that makes sense. Again, she won for a reason... but it was definitely not her best night.

It kind of sucks that on the night of the Tony's, during your chance to showcase your abilities to the rest of America, you get sick.

re: What A Shock
 Jun 11 2007, 12:46:52 AM
Honestly, I'm glad David Hyde Pierce won because it brought the only surprise of the evening. Am I the only one who was bored to tears because of the lack of mystery?
 Jun 11 2007, 12:44:10 AM
A CHORUS LINE | C
Boring. Seriously, I've seen this number like three hundred times, and the cast acted like it was their three thousandth time. Honestly, I think this number has just gotten too much exposure (Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, anyone?) and people are tired of it. I would have preferred for them to do "What I Did For Love" since it hasn't been as showcased as this.

CURTAINS | B
Not their best. Everyone seemed tired. Also, David Hyde Pierce's voice was

re: AIDA: the animated musical
 May 6 2007, 09:51:49 AM
I actually think this would be a really good idea... it would definitely be a more mature film, and I don't think you need to add cute, cuddly characters. It obviously wouldn't be targeted to young children, but I still think an animated film would work for this show.
re: Worst Changes Made in an Amateur Production
 Apr 25 2007, 03:34:48 PM
Um, isn't Arsenic a bit risqué for a Christian high school? I mean, it does poke fun at the Church a few times, and the whole thing is about murder. And getting away with it.
Turntable Staging
 Apr 23 2007, 07:19:27 PM
Although I haven't seen it staged that way, I think Ragtime would work phenomenally with a turntable. The scene transitions would happen much more fluidly, which is perfect since the music is often times seamlessly integrated.
re: Lea's 'I Dreamed A Dream'
 Feb 6 2007, 08:48:25 AM
Oh. You hit me hard. I just went to see this show, and I Dreamed A Dream was definitely nowhere near this good. I wish I could see it again with Lea.
re: Opinons about seating for MAry Poppins
 Jan 9 2007, 06:36:35 PM
That's amazing. I sat in the same seats, I think. They're tremendous seats. You see fine from the mezzanine, and only one of the effects (and not an important one) is ruined from sitting there. Enjoy the show, it's great!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You