News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MimiChika

Member Name: MimiChika
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Hadestown Casting
 Jan 9 2024, 11:40:49 AM

Word on the street is that Whoopi Goldberg is the next Hermes. Announcement soon. 

EVITA at the ART - Reviews
 Aug 26 2023, 04:45:15 PM

Robbie2 said: "Jarethan said: "BroadwayNoob2 said: "Why do you think she’s wrong for the role since she’s about to open in DC."

I’ll get criticized for this, but I didn’t think she looked right for the role. More importantly, as good as her voice was, I don’t think it was a good match for the songs. Then there is the totally intangible..she lacked charisma…at least as Evita. Re the poster who said the sets look cool or something like that…ya had to be there…they did nothing for the show and IMO neon rarely works…it looked like it was intended for a different show.
"

She doesn't look right for the role and my agent friend saw it and hated everything about it especially Shereen Pimentel. He said this production will not land on Broadway and not with her as she's all wrong for Eva! He also said no plans are set for Studio 54.https://www.shakespearetheatre.org/events/evita-23-24

"

Whatever your agent friend thinks of the show or not is irrelevant. You should see the show before you hate it. I saw the show in Cambridge and it’s fantastic.  Anyway the production at A.R.T and STC is being produced by No Guarantees. See you opening night on Broadway. 

Empty Broadway Houses Summer 2023 Edition
 Aug 26 2023, 02:50:57 PM

AKarp2013 said: "I have a hunch the next Andrew Lloyd Webber show to open on Broadway will bePhantom of the Opera."

EVITA will open at Studio 54 Spring 2024 😎. They’ll announce it once they open the show again at Shakespeare Theater  Company, is the same production that opened at A.R.T

Lillias White in Hadestown??
 Jul 10 2023, 02:49:00 PM

Rumor is Rachel Zegler is joining the cast. 

Empty Broadway Houses Summer 2023 Edition
 Jul 5 2023, 05:44:03 PM

Voter said: "Compiling the house rumors... let's see who ends up closest to correct!

IMPERIAL - Chess

MUSIC BOX - PURLIE

AUGUST WILSON - Cabaret

ST JAMES - The Wiz?

JACOBS - The Notebook

SCHOENFELD -

STUDIO 54 -

BELASCO -

LONGACRE - if something was announced I missed it!

CIRCLE IN THE SQUARE -

Under Construction - PALACE, MAJESTIC
"

Studio 54- EVITA

Jun 14 2023, 11:10:29 AM

First b-roll. Shereen sounds so good. The production looks stunning. 
https://youtu.be/QtNAlOeDypg

May 30 2023, 03:37:56 PM

kingjames2 said: "I would say a fall transfer isunlikely, given that the DC production would close in late October at the earliest."

Well, per Instagram, it has now been extended at A.R.T till July 30. The run in D.C according to their website is Sep 5 to Oct 8

May 29 2023, 02:39:32 PM

Back to the topic. 
do we think a transfer in the fall? 
they are supposed to open in DC first week of September. 

May 28 2023, 11:32:30 AM

inception said: "I am curious why Soleil Pfeiffer who played the NYCC shows isn't involved? She was just on the recent PBS special singing Evita, & was wonderful."

She’s not latinx. The entire cast at A.R.T is latinx. 

May 28 2023, 10:02:34 AM

The Distinctive Baritone said: "MimiChika said: "dramamama611 said: "Word is no Rachel until NY."

I think if they move the show sooner to NYC no Rachel. That being said I heard Raul Esparza will be Che for the broadway run. Apparently he got cast but couldn’t do A.R.T cause of Oliver.
Any info on the theater? The Imperial?
"

Esparza was Che is the 90’s tour that was supposed to go to Broadway but didn’t

May 28 2023, 01:14:35 AM

RippedMan said: "Just from the visuals, it looks like it's a smaller scale revival? I'm not sure about the orchestra or ensemble, but I could see it playing like the Broadhurst or something similar in size? But there isn't a ton available. Maybe the Jacobs by fall?"

Well from the program: cast is 26 folk plus swings. 16 piece orchestra just like the 2012 revival. So I wouldn’t consider that a small revival. Maybe the imperial?

also Shereens &

May 27 2023, 10:59:12 PM

dramamama611 said: "Word is no Rachel until NY."

I think if they move the show sooner to NYC no Rachel. That being said I heard Raul Esparza will be Che for the broadway run. Apparently he got cast but couldn’t do A.R.T cause of Oliver. 
Any info on the theater? The Imperial? 

May 27 2023, 11:12:50 AM

Dylan Smith4 said: "If it does indeed transfer to Broadway, what theatre would this work in?"

Imperial? 😎

May 27 2023, 10:44:06 AM

MadsonMelo said: "I heard its certainly transfering, but don't know if the Zegler rumor is just a rumor."

I hope it transfers. There’s also a young Che/older Che concept that I found fascinating. Is definitely different. Plus Shereen is truly out of this world! Those vocals!!!

May 26 2023, 11:51:17 PM

RippedMan said: "Elevators? Can you explain?

Usually the ART productions are fairly simple design wise so curious to hear more about this! The production photos look stunning to me.
"

There’s 2 elevators on stage. From what I saw props and actors come from underneath  the stage. It looks pretty amazing. Also there’s a giant Argentinian flag at the end of act one, is the entire length of the stage, it’s massive, it looks stunning

May 26 2023, 10:17:17 AM

I saw the opening night at A.R.T. The show still needs some fixes here and there but overall I loved it. 
 I hated the city center production, and this one is way different and more elevated. The set is stunning and there’s some huge elevators on the set, makes the show so dynamic.The latine cast is pretty amazing and Shereen is a revelation, her vocals are perfection and thrilling. I’m sure it will transfer. 

Revival Mania
 May 26 2023, 09:29:38 AM

The Evita revival is coming sooner then we think wink

ART Evita Casting
 Mar 31 2023, 05:54:01 PM

Voter said: "Rehearsals started today"

False. Per Instagram the Director is in DC. They start rehearsals next week. 
cast announcement is coming next Monday or Tuesday. 

ART Evita Casting
 Mar 30 2023, 11:15:56 AM

incomesabby said: "Globefan said: "I wonder if they’re gonna film all of Rachel’s scenes first in a block so she can still do the ART run."

Yeah is it worth holding out any hope for Rachel as Eva? On her snapchat yesterday she was talking about her busy schedule and said she "just started the new movie" but“this is a very quick shoot”
"

Rumor is Shereen Pimentel will be the first Eva, Rachel joining later

ART Evita Casting
 Mar 23 2023, 04:05:31 PM

EvanHansen said: "Rachel Zegler was just announced as a co-star of a new A24 film, which only substantiates the rumors I've heard that she is not doing either out of town run, but will then join the company as Eva when it comes to Broadway in winter/spring of 2024. Time will tell, I suppose."

Ps there’s no timeline for the movie. Plus the WGA strike stars May 1st, no movies will shoot for the next few months. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You