News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Pernigraniline

Member Name: Pernigraniline
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Proshot of UK Production of TITANIC Coming
 Nov 22 2023, 08:14:43 AM

CATSNYrevival said: "Kind of sounds like the director went out of his way to make Ismay even more of a villain."

See I think the opposite, it starts with Ismay utterly traumatised by what he has done.

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy
 Aug 17 2023, 10:47:54 AM

Owen22 said: "Have you noticed every actor in the cast is (or looks) ten years younger than the character requires.. ?"

Character requires? Norma is only around 50, Joe is mid-late 20s? Mayerling could be an "enfant terrible" director and be only 45-50. Its the previous ALW versions that have cast upwards.

UK Theatre Criticized For
 Jul 10 2023, 09:22:42 AM

People do walk into the stage version and have no idea that it has a different script to the film, with a different tone, and has those two 'nasty' little satirical songs in, and seeing real people dressed up as stormtroopers and saluting Hitler has a VERY different effect in person than on a grainy film. The Palladium/ALW show for instance turns the entire auditorium into a Nazi rally with swastikas dropping down from the ceiling and the audience held at gunpoint.
Of course ther

Eddie Izzard to play 21 roles in one-woman GREAT EXPECTATIONS off-Broadway
 Oct 31 2022, 12:49:23 PM

Until an election (or by election) is called for Sheffield,, he is free to perform still.

Les Miz Question / Scaled Back Production?
 Aug 2 2022, 05:40:31 AM

It was,it's just in Cameron's archive. He has proshots and soundboards of a lot of things.

Why Have We Only Had One Broadway Revival of THE SOUND OF MUSIC?
 Jul 31 2022, 03:51:07 AM

OlBlueEyes said: "Now I’d like to hear that recording. I wonder if they kept the two adult songs that the film through out."

Its available on CD and Download - and yes, "How Can Love Survive" was in it, not 100% Sure about "No Way to Stop it", which is the darker of the two songs.

From an old BroadwayWorld post "The 1981 production had an on stage cast of 61. The pit orchestra was no less than 21." - Heavens

Jul 27 2022, 03:04:46 AM

This is the man who had the stage of the Beaumont retract so the audience could see and hear the full South Pacific Overture, no?

Why Have We Only Had One Broadway Revival of THE SOUND OF MUSIC?
 Jul 19 2022, 06:28:07 AM

The film rewrite does wonders for the material - which isn't the best book.

The London revivals have always had something else going for them - the 80s version had PETULA CLARK never missing a performance, and using the aisle of the Apollo Victoria as the church (it was a MASSIVE production), and the 2000s version had an Andrew Lloyd Webber TV show winner in the lead.

That production also had the most magnificent piece of staging for the final song festival. As we joined the

Instruments associated with one specific musical
 Jan 29 2021, 05:45:01 AM

WhizzerMarvin TrinaJasonMendel said: "I always think of A Weekend in the Country when someone mentions the french horn.
As for the banjo, the ultimate number must be Money to Burn from Half a Sixpence. As I understand Tommy Steele was an expert banjo player so they wrote him a specialty number to show off his skills. The number is pure delight on the OBCR.

"

Whilst it was probably written to show off Tommy Steele's skills, in Kipps, he does actually go

Soundtrack to ABC WWoD Cinderella?
 Jan 4 2021, 06:25:37 AM

It was rumoured never released due to Houston and Brandy being on different labels? 

Back in the Limewire days, there were clean tracks leaked on the P2P systems - whether or not they were real clean tracks, or extracted from the 5.1 tracks on the DVD I'm not sure - but there are effect-free versions floating around in illegal land.

Soundtrack to ABC WWoD Cinderella?
 Jan 4 2021, 06:25:36 AM

It was rumoured never released due to Houston and Brandy being on different labels? 

Back in the Limewire days, there were clean tracks leaked on the P2P systems - whether or not they were real clean tracks, or extracted from the 5.1 tracks on the DVD I'm not sure - but there are effect-free versions floating around in illegal land.

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.
 May 23 2020, 04:59:23 PM

'Sleeping Beauty' by Trisha Ward was due to open in Dublin, years ago, starring Ria Jones as an evil queen. There was a website with a cast album - I vividly recall Ria as an evil queen singing "It wasn't Me"... but its never been heard of since.

This friday ALW will stream the Broadway version of BY JEEVES
 May 4 2020, 09:57:50 AM

It was only taped at 480i 60fps at CBC, and the DVD available is a conversion to 576i (50fps). Unless they go back to the original CBC tapes and upload at 60fps, I doubt it will look better, and will probably look worse, than the DVD.

National Theatre will stream "Frankenstein" for free this month
 May 2 2020, 05:33:13 AM

Could it be a gruesome death or a penis?

1996 interview - Betty Buckley talks how she got 'Sunset Boulevard'
 Apr 21 2020, 01:13:28 PM

castlestreet said: "Drabinsky went outside of the box and hired Carrol, who it’s worth noting got exceptionally good reviews."

You only have to look at the bootleg of the final scene online to see that - she breaks down literally on the last note and releases an ear-piercing shriek. Its amazing.

West End production of
 Apr 15 2020, 04:55:58 AM

You're never going to beat the OBC for Curtains - even the supporting cast were stars. But for a UK tour it was phenomenal, they even built a replica of the proscenium of the Colonial Theatre Boston for no other reason than they could!

Broadway Execs Plots New Platform to Challenge BroadwayHD
 Apr 15 2020, 02:34:27 AM

It was, for the BBC. A prototype of the Broadway production.

1800s Musicals
 Jan 16 2020, 08:03:02 AM

No its definitely 1910s-30s. Being Mrs Banks was originally a 1920s-style number called 'What Can I Do'.

FOLLIES Film, Helmed by Dominic Cooke, Has Been Greenlit
 Nov 16 2019, 06:47:54 AM

Shoot it in an actual old theatre that's ruined. That would be amazing- I mean theres dozens of old vaudeville theatres in the States in a state of ruin, likewise in the UK theres dozens of old music halls sitting around.

Merrily We Roll Along OBC Clips (Audio/Video)
 Jul 5 2019, 04:20:02 PM

Great pictures = the Merrily Logo was actually a set piece it looks like!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You