News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Celestial Entropy

Celestial Entropy Profile Photo
Member Name: Celestial Entropy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked costumes
 Mar 19 2006, 04:47:09 AM
Her blue dress looks like a horrid 80's prom dress that has been glittered to death... it should be easy to come up with something like that. BUT... since Wicked's "Glinda" isn't exactly a common character a lot of kids are aware of, people might mistake you for Cinderella, because it's almost the same kind of dress she wears.
re: Thoughts on Spamalot
 Mar 17 2006, 03:45:39 AM
If you "get" Monty Python, you will get the silliness that is Spamalot. If you don't know much about the Python line of humor, then know that you are in for a silly time at the theatre. I enjoyed it... but I'm a Python fan.

Is it worth $99? since it's covering your travel and dinner, as well, I say go for it. It's an evening at the theatre... I'll take that any day over a tv or sports program.

re: Blockbuster Lineups announced for Baltimore Theaters 2006-2007
 Feb 17 2006, 06:48:50 AM
This is the greatest day in Baltimore theater history! I can't wait for the 06-07 season to begin.

AMEN!!!!! I'm only 30 minutes out of B'more... this is pure heaven to my ears!

re: Actors you WISH would do Broadway
 Feb 15 2006, 09:24:53 AM
I 2nd Judi Dench

Also... my picks:
Christopher Walken (He's done his share of acting on Broadway, but it would be awesome if he took the stage again. For once I'd actually consider doing the stage door...)
Patricia Routledge (Saw her in London about 2 years ago... would love to see her here. Her last hoorah on Broadway was 30 years ago...)

re: I have a makeup question!!!
 Jan 31 2006, 05:11:57 PM
I bought my MACpro forest green chromacake and olive pigment off of Ebay, when I wanted to dress as the WWWoW/Elphaba for Halloween. BUT... someone suggested Ben Nye... go with that because it's cheaper and just as good...
re: How can you afford seeing so many shows (or the same show so many times
 Jan 27 2006, 12:51:01 AM
I can afford seeing many shows because... well, I just can. It's called "working your a$$ off": I worked my butt off in college (and still do, as I persue my 2nd field of study in astronomy)... my companion worked his off in the AirForce and then in college. My accounting education from my first round of college many years ago is applied to our small stock business that we dabble in... his military background and college education garnered him a job with NASA. Together, our hard work rewards u
re: warning-Wicked....Why doesn't she FLY??!!!
 Jan 11 2006, 10:21:34 AM
"High Tech Effects can be dangerous, Hell, I wouldn't get on the cherry picker if they paid me! Have you seen that thing? There's barely enough room for her own feet - It looks like something I would fall on.

I sure wouldn't, either... especially after seeing Shoshana fight with it. If memory serves me correct, others have reported that the lift has malfunctioned on numerous occasions.

In regards of flying/floating woohahs: I like how the broom on the tour floats in

the red track suit
 Jan 10 2006, 09:56:32 AM
What was suppose to be her final performance saw Idina come out on stage in a red track suit for the closing segment of act 2 and final bow. John Tartaglia spoofed her by wearing the same kind of red track suit to his after-party, after his last performance in Avenue Q.
re: Yes, it's been a year without her.
 Jan 10 2006, 05:22:34 AM
*passes around the kleenex* LMAO @ the video!!!!!!!!!! It's hilarious with a touch of creepiness.

*goes out singing*
She's not dead yet
she can dance and she can sing
she's not dead yet
she can still sing a scream
She's not dead yet
with her tracksuit all red
No need to call the doctor
Cause she's not yet dead.

Who is the fan that made that piece
and who needs to manage his obsession!

*snickers*

re: Checked IBDB for opening nights on your birthday?
 Jan 10 2006, 04:54:46 AM
May 3:

Going wayyyyyyyy back: Macbeth 05/03/1768
Closer to modern world of debuts: Kiss of the Spider Woman 05/3/1993

re: 150 trap doors in phantom?
 Jan 10 2006, 04:40:50 AM
The fact also appeared on Playbill News in 1998... so I doubt it's a typo. Unless it's one of those very long living typos... which I doubt.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/36639.html

RE: Who's that in your icon?
 Jan 5 2006, 03:52:45 AM
My snarky cat, Kyrnan... ruling the world and looking none too happy with us humans. LoL
re: Boy From Oz... uh.... speechless....
 Jan 5 2006, 03:48:30 AM
The show was good... it was more about Peter than it was the music, and Hugh did an awesome job portraying him.

If you think the little boy singing was good on the CD... you should have seen him perform... the kid had a stellar performance.

Out again tonight!!!!
 Jan 5 2006, 03:41:17 AM
*sighs* I tried twice to see her in it... both times, 3 months apart, she was out. Guess there's no big loss from what you guys are saying...
WICKED special...
 Jan 2 2006, 12:38:33 AM
Perhaps they aren't having the MAC olive pigment applied to their face like Idina did?

On a side note: cool videos... out of costume and talking, Kate kind of shows hints of looking like Amy Poehler... kind of. Wish I could see Ana as Elphaba...

re: Jai Rodriguez
 Jan 1 2006, 10:45:29 PM
but no one compares to Brad Musgrove or Roger Bart.

I 2nd that!

re: Has any Witch ever dropped her broom...
 Dec 30 2005, 10:14:35 PM
Last Broadway Wicked showing I saw, saw Shoshana struggling with the contraption that lifts her for the end of Defying Gravity. When she ran back to it, it looked like she was having to open it... when she got to "she has nothing to do with it", she was fighting with it and said that segment with her side to the audience. She barely made it when she got to the "It's me" lifting. It was kind of odd because if one knows how those harnesses work, it is suppose to be open and then close only after
re: Spit
 Dec 30 2005, 02:19:01 AM
When I saw Spamalot, at the end where "King Arthur" ask "The Lady of the Lake" to marry him, Sara spit on Tim when she replied, as she yanked at the sides of her dress. They BOTH cracked up...

You know you have been to a good peformance when you are walking out and the non-theatre folk are talking about the spitting.

re: 2 new Wicked Tour Reviews - Washington Examiner and Free-Lance Star
 Dec 30 2005, 01:58:13 AM
I personally think songs like Popular, Defying Gravity and No Good Deed are memorable songs... I know they were for me the first time I ever saw the show and heard the music. It's what brought me back to the show and what had me buying the cd. Anyhow... to the reviews: I saw Wicked on Christmas night here in DC and the reviews are almost dead on... I voiced the same issue: the accoustics. It is a problem... they are playing in the Kennedy Center Opera House and it is just eating up the sound.
re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
 Dec 30 2005, 12:51:56 AM
I didn't understand the popular uproar for KC, after I saw Wicked... she really didn't impress me in the role of Galinda/Glinda. But... after seeing her 2004 Carnegie performance, I finally got why people are big fans of hers. On the Carnegie stage she was a force that was untouchable... she gave a lot to her performance and when the end came, her voice was still going strong and she didn't look or act the least bit weathered by what was obviously a demanding show. To pull off that show the way
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You