News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for makenzimarciano

makenzimarciano Profile Photo
Member Name: makenzimarciano
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: acid reflux and singing
 Nov 11 2005, 12:44:36 PM
I have it, and it doesn't really affect my singing unless it's really bad, and then it throws the high end of my chest voice off...if that's the case, I just have to spend a bit longer warming up. I happen to take Nexium for it and it keeps it under control most of the time. I think Ashlee Simpson is full of it. While she may have it, if it's bad enough to ruin her singing then chances are it's progressed to Barrett's Esophagus, which is a pre-cancerous condition that untreated reflux can lea
re: Reputable voice teachers in NYC?
 Oct 25 2005, 09:35:48 AM
I've worked with Tania for a little over 2 years now. For my voice, she's amazing. However, she's currently charging $200 an hour for her new students. There is, as you can imagine, a huge waiting list (and has been pretty much since Idina screamed her name out in her Tony speech, lol) so she's not accepting any new people to work with in the near future. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)

re: Shoshana Bean on IMDB!!!!!
 Oct 2 2005, 01:04:45 PM
gross.

lets not have her haunting the airwaves now, eh?

I second that notion.

re: Currently Listening to?
 Oct 2 2005, 01:01:12 PM
Currently listening to Sweet Smell of Success w/ John Lithgow and Kelli O'Hara.
re: Who do you prefer Daphne Rubin-Vega or Rosario Dawson singing the songs
 Oct 2 2005, 01:00:01 PM
Having only seen the show with the OBC and now hearing the soundtrack for the film, I have to say that I prefer Dawson. While her voice is a bit weaker in comparison I find it more pleasant to listen to. I don't enjoy Rubin-Vega's sound at all.

re: I won the DRS lottery today!!
 Oct 2 2005, 12:03:22 PM
My guess as to why they changed the seats would be because they were uncomfortably close to the stage. I won in late June and my husband and I had the 2 center seats - while we both enjoyed the show we were both incredibly uncomfortable, as our legs were pretty much hanging into the pit and everyone in the front row seemed to be sitting in each others' laps.
re: Saw Some Celebrities This Week
 Sep 29 2005, 06:32:16 PM
Di2 -

I love that story. Sounds like something I'd do.

Having moved to Manhattan a few months ago I thought I would've run into more people, but so far only the following:

Phylicia Rashad (at the gym)
Amy Poehler (at the gym)
Tina Fey (the gym)
Jack Nicholson, Kevin Bacon - UWS near my voice teacher's apartment
Matthew Perry walking down the street
Sutton Foster on the subway
Dan Fogler sitting next to me at Silence! The Musical <

re: Favorite 'Annie Get Your Gun' Cast Recording
 Sep 15 2005, 09:59:10 AM
I'm afraid to say it, but I prefer Bernadette Peters. I'm not a huge Merman fan.

re: Dirty Rotten Kelsey?
 Sep 10 2005, 09:49:41 AM
Debra Messing is actually a classically trained singer...I think she graduated from NYU.
re: Who should play the Wizard in a film version of Wicked?
 Sep 9 2005, 10:26:06 AM
Good suggestions! Personally, I don't know if I would enjoy a film version of Wicked. It's in no way my favorite musical, but the story brings forth some good "real world" points, and some of the music is catchy (I only saw it once, with the original cast, so I can't speak of the others' influence on the music). If done the right way I guess it would transfer over well *if* the right people were cast. I love your suggestions of Albert Finney and Meryl Streep. I don't know of Meryl Streep's s
re: Best Death
 Sep 8 2005, 10:03:58 AM
Oh oh oh! I think Elphie's fake death is better than anyone's "real" death on stage!

Ha ha. I had to, as I was surprised it wasn't posted already.

I agree with what a few folks have said already. For me it's Les Miz. I think it tugs at the emotional heartstrings quite a bit, and is the musical that has made me tear up the most.

re: Teacher needs advice...
 Sep 7 2005, 06:13:39 PM
Well, before I turned to singing and moved to Manhattan I was a middle school guidance counselor in the Albany, NY area - one of the English teachers turned portions of The Laramie Project into a lesson about bullying, honesty, etc. I don't know how liberal your school district is but that may be a possibility, maybe incorporating the counselor or psychologist into the lesson somehow to answer any questions, or maybe incoporate it into National Bullying Prevention Week which is sometime in the
re: The Question Thread: Answer then ask again...
 Sep 7 2005, 03:52:31 PM
A. Last place - August. :)

Q. Patti LuPone - Better on B'way or in Life Goes On?

re: broadway salaries
 Sep 7 2005, 10:53:18 AM
Actually, it's quite well known that both Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel were making $25,000 a week while performing in Wicked.
re: Who do you think would make a good elphaba?
 Sep 3 2005, 11:46:19 PM
"I'm just amazed how much she's shot her mouth off regarding this. I thought she blew in the role, personally. Harsh voice. Too many "tricks". Horrible actress."

I completely agree. She was lucky to be given that role, and it probably made her way more known than anything else she would have attempted herself. Unfortunately now she's known as a bad actress and equally bad singer, and I doubt Broadway would ever want her back. Good riddance to her!

re: Boston and Idina....
 Aug 31 2005, 12:15:10 AM
Wow, people turn incredibly catty when they don't get their own way. I guess I didn't realize someone became a bitch if she chose to, oh, live her life and not talk to every single person waiting for her. The people who begin the rumors that Idina is a bitch/inconsiderate/hates her fans are the people who wait obsessively and who don't get their own way. Anyone I know who has met Idina, myself included, has stated that she is warm, genuine, open, friendly....in my own experience, I had the op
re: 'See What I Wanna See' at the Public-- WHAT DATE DO TICKETS GO ON SALE?
 Aug 28 2005, 05:19:28 PM

re: Idina in Provincetown
 Aug 23 2005, 08:33:13 PM
Why would she bother going outside? You're joking, right? Try...she's human and she's entitled to living her life and enjoying her privacy just as much as you and I are.
re: Idina in Provincetown
 Aug 23 2005, 08:32:05 PM
I don't think your ticket or concert money is going toward any bills Idina pays. Your money makes no difference to her. For being such a fan, addressing her as "bitch" would seem to suggest otherwise. You say you didn't take pictures because you're "not a 12-year-old" girl, but your post gives the hint that you're just as lacking in maturity as the average 12-year-old. What are you really angry about - that Idina didn't get down on her hands and knees and thank you for your compliment? Get
re: VOICE LESSONS NEW YORK
 Aug 12 2005, 04:14:19 PM
Do you currently work with Tania? I've been studying with her for almost 2 years now and I love her. She's the greatest. :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You