News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for QueenAnne82

QueenAnne82 Profile Photo
Member Name: QueenAnne82
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Help with HONK!
 Nov 22 2006, 01:48:40 PM
Hey peeps. Does anyone have a video/DVD of Honk? I am directing it and have never seen it. It can be a school, community theater.... whatever. I live in Chicago and will pay shipping and stuff. PM me if you can help. Thanks!

Sweeney Revival?
 Jan 18 2006, 11:37:06 AM
How is it?
re: Ana Gaestyer..I LOVE HER!!
 Dec 17 2005, 02:22:08 PM
HURRAH FOR ANA! She is waaayyyy to incredible! What a presence on stage. Her stuble characterizations and powerhouse vocals make her a terrific Elphaba. Her veristle talents are amazing from improv, comedy, singing, dancing, drama.... wow. I'm sure she will be incredible in Three Penny. Chicago has realizes how lucky we are to have her, and we will miss her when she head to broadway. WE LOVE YOU ANA!!! Ok...so where the heck is the offical Ana fanclub page? One the celebrates her brilliance both
re: Saw the tour of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat today.....
 Dec 12 2005, 11:37:21 AM
I saw it in Chicago. Agree.... Cassidy... not so great. Passable at best. Amy Adams I liked. She had the pipes... not a ton of stage presence, but carried the vocals quite well. The brothers were quite funny, and I really enjoyed the Benjamin Calypso. I am not sure why older men keep getting the part of Joseph, but despite that, overall very good tour.
re: 'Chicago' in Chicago
 Dec 5 2005, 02:01:25 PM
Velma was not Terra. I'll have to look and find her name... she originated Velma in France. I am not uniformed. The actors were terrible. Period. I stand by that opinion. If you disagree... cool. Whatever.
 Dec 5 2005, 02:01:24 PM
Velma was not Terra. I'll have to look and find her name... she originated Velma in France. I am not uniformed. The actors were terrible. Period. I stand by that opinion. If you disagree... cool. Whatever.
 Dec 5 2005, 01:54:07 PM

Look I'm not trying to anger the people that loved this version... I just hated it.

Dec 5 2005, 01:53:28 PM
Dude... did you SEE Amy Adams? I myself was skeptical, but she was incredible. Certainly better than the crappy TLC fare that Paige offered up.

Dec 5 2005, 01:47:14 PM
No... I had not seen Chicago before. I myself did not expect the film... I was relaying others opinions in the audience. I know what to expect when I see a show. I was captivated by Billy Crystal alone on stage for 3 hours. This production of Chicago barely kept me awake. I thought the orchestra onstage was intersted. My biggest beef was with the leads... and I stand by that opinion. Paige talked her way through most of her songs. Never giving any power to big notes. She was whinney and overly p
re: BEST ONE PERSON SHOWS!
 Dec 5 2005, 10:03:38 AM
700 Sundays... was awesome!
 Dec 5 2005, 09:28:52 AM
I love the book, the music, the obc recording. THIS particular production was atrocious. I hope that other versions live up to what it is supposed to be. The actors, direction and staging that this particular version demonstrated were aweful.
re: Ana Gasteyer/Cast of 'Wicked,Chicago'
 Dec 5 2005, 09:23:37 AM
OK OK! Just a moment to say I LOVE ANA! She is incredible! Can't believe she is leaving..... so so so sad. We will truly miss her and I hope she comes back to us someday.
 Dec 5 2005, 09:22:33 AM
Paige was on in Chicago. This show was not beautiful. Is the orchestra always on stage? Also... there was almost NO dialogue. I know that it's mostly music, but I felt like I was at a concert, not a musical. Aggg! Can't believe I spent money on that. At intermission everyone in the audience around me was saying how they wanted to go and rent the movie.
"Chicago" in Chicago
 Dec 5 2005, 09:17:47 AM
Wow. Wow. Wow. I think that was truly one of the worst performances I've seen. Paige Davis (Roxie) can't sing, dance or act. I found myself wanting her to hang. Lines were delivered with 10-30 second pauses between responses. Billy Flynn couldn't sing. The ensemble was ok. Choreography was basic.... community theater style. No interesting costumes, no set. WOW! If you were planning to see this tour, save your money and go see ANYTHING else!
Whats up with the log?
 Nov 23 2005, 04:16:44 PM
In the pics of the Rent cast at Apollo?
re: 700 Sundays 11/15 Review
 Nov 17 2005, 11:50:50 AM
Oh... just so people have a heads up... this show is coming to a few more cities... and he mentioned it going to Canada and England as well.
re: Liza in Wicked!!!???
 Nov 17 2005, 10:09:49 AM
OMG OMG OMG!!! HAve you HEARD?!?!? XXX is playing Glinda/Elphie/Morrible/Boq/Ness/Wizard?!?!?

CAN IT BE?!?!? IS IT TRUE?!?!? Is anybody like.... thier bestest friends who really know what's happening? OMG DAKOTA FANNING IS COMING IN 2020 to WICKED! BRiT? Christina? IS IT TRUE? Can we like, get the cast lists for the next 100 years?

700 Sundays 11/15 Review
 Nov 17 2005, 09:34:40 AM
What: 700 Sundays
Who: Billy Crystal
Where: Cadillac Palace Theater, Chicago
When: 11-22 7:30pm

Even with a big name star and my much love for Billy Crystal, I’ll admit I was curious how a single person could hold the audience captive for 3 hours. However, the cleaver blending of pictures, film, video, puns, music and working the stage was not only interesting, it was spellbinding. The lighting was subtle and cleaver and added greatly to the feel of the s

re: For those of you who love, know, or have seen Seussical:
 Nov 16 2005, 11:26:46 AM
YAY! I just finished intern directing a prouction of Seussical! We had a two weekend run with 12 shows... nine of them sold out. The cast was 75 kids and they were AWESOME!!! The great thing about the show is it's very creative and the actors and really take their character in about 400 different ways.

Our VERY last show.... the egg fell out of the nest and went rolling down the stage... and Horton had to chase it. Good times... that's childrens theater!

re: Jeff Awards
 Nov 8 2005, 04:16:10 PM
Lost to Sweeny Todd and Beauty? I'd say they were snubbed.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You