News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for whatacharacter

whatacharacter Profile Photo
Member Name: whatacharacter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD Reopening Night Thread  Dec 1 2021, 12:31:35 PM

I saw the show on Friday, 11/26.  We had Steve Haggard on for James Snyder's Harry Potter.  I found him to be brilliant in the role.  He had great chemistry with both Albus and Ginny.  I did not see the show in it's previous incarnation, but feel that it is cohesive as a one evening event, and it really is an event!  The immersive aspects of the show were like nothing I have ever experienced before.  My 10 & 12 year old children were both captivated f

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Nov 8 2021, 09:27:17 AM

So should we assume Cynthia will not be leading the Color Purple film?

Also, my vote is for Lupone and Patinkin as Morrible and The Wizard.  They have proven time and time again to have incredible chemistry together.

Bowen Yang as Boq? Zendaya as Nessa?

HARRY POTTER CURSED CHILD as 1 Part  Nov 4 2021, 11:26:20 AM

Any updates on this?  Have tickets for 11/26.

Originial Jagged Little Pill stars to transfer to Broadway  May 24 2019, 08:06:23 AM

magictodo123 said: "Mpkenny99 said: "I had heard of two very interesting names being seen for Stanley's role and an offer was extended to at least one. I'm sure she's fine, but it could have been a real event!"

Why would you say something to bait people like this?? You can’t say, so why would you post in the first place? If you can’t comment one name this was totally unnecessary.
"

People get so snippy lol... 

Kelli O'Hara comments about a Broadway producer  Apr 30 2019, 03:09:43 PM

#Cher

ONCE UPON A ONE MORE TIME/Britney Spears musical to play pre-Broadway Chicago engagement  Mar 12 2019, 01:00:46 PM

I'm excited for the 11 o'clock number.  Rapunzel sings "Crazy" while shaving her head and beating the fairy godmother with a bat...

Musicals due for a revival  Jul 19 2018, 11:11:39 PM
Aida with an historically accurate cast... nobody had blond hair and blue eyes in Egypt! I would love to hear the orchestrations get retreated as well to really musically define Nubia and Egypt.
Patti LuPone The Rink  Jun 27 2018, 10:46:39 AM

How about Julia Murney/Margo Seibert as a combo?  Or maybe even Caroline Bowman...  Her and Murney looked as though they could really be mother/daughter in a Carrie clip on the utube

Musical Theatre solo song about leaving?  Jun 21 2018, 02:23:54 PM

"Growing Up" - Merrily We Roll Along

Moulin Rouge Songs?  Jun 8 2018, 09:37:19 AM

I just noticed this while I was nosing around for intell on Moulin Rouge:

"The stage musical features many of the iconic songs from the movie and also includes recent hits released since the movie premiered 15 years ago."

Does anyone know from the workshop or other sources what songs may be added to the show that weren't in the film?

Dream Cast Deena in Dreamgirls Revival  May 29 2018, 08:19:24 AM

I would love to see Hailey Kilgore as Lorell & Renee Elise Goldsberry, or if she reads too old, Ariana DeBose as Deena

What should the next Encores! musical be?  May 16 2018, 09:44:56 AM

Taboo w/ Keala or Florrie Bagel as Big Sue, Norbert as Philip, Titus as Leigh Bowery, Margo Seibert as Nicola/Kim and  Sean Patrick Doyle as Marilyn, and Jo Lampert as George. 

Tell us your dream Broadway revival!  May 10 2018, 11:00:14 AM

Carrie and Aida are tops on my list as well, but both need work...

Aida is set in Egypt!  Nobody looked like Sherie Renee Scott in ancient Egypt...  just as nobody looked like Heather Headley in Anetevka, yet that has never been an issue to cast or depict the class differences in the plot.  Fix it and get Cynthia on board and it will be wonderful...  and cut Like Father Like son because I hate it sooooooooo much!

For Carrie, I think the key is the casting and

Will Once on This Island tour?  May 2 2018, 11:45:28 AM

Has a tour been confirmed for Once on this Island?  Watching them on the today show I though that Asaka may be a good fit for Ada Vox... 

If you could revive any Broadway flop?  Mar 29 2018, 02:14:06 PM

The original book and score (in original Broadway keys) of Carrie.  With solid direction, choreography, and casting, this could be the camp nostalgia trip that Broadway and our country could use.  Keep it in the 80's, synthesizers and all, update the effects and have real "blood" drop... and cast either Carolee Carmello, Karen Mason, or Julia Murnie as Carrie's mother, and it will be a hit. 

Are Jennifer Coolidge and Luba Mason the same person?  Mar 28 2018, 01:14:30 PM

Related imageImage result for luba mason

So Jennifer Coolidge & Luba Mason.  They are like freakin twins... Any ideas for projects they could do together?

Rights to Taboo... the boy George Musical  Mar 28 2018, 01:06:33 PM

While flawed, I found the plot/characters/song placement of the broadway version far superior to London. 

Rights to Taboo... the boy George Musical  Mar 28 2018, 10:13:56 AM

Has this ever become available for regional productions?

PRETTY WOMAN in Chicago  Mar 12 2018, 11:53:33 AM

Flat vocally, or acting wise?

Kennedy Center In The Heights - extra tickets?  Mar 8 2018, 03:22:26 PM

Chess was sold out, but then released blocks of tickets online the week of the show, so keep checking back.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You