Will Once on This Island tour?

whatacharacter Profile Photo
whatacharacter
#1Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 11:45am

Has a tour been confirmed for Once on this Island?  Watching them on the today show I though that Asaka may be a good fit for Ada Vox... 

conealpetterson
#2Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 11:57am

It has been confirmed for the 2019-2020 season at the Ahmanson Theater in Los Angeles and should go to other cities from there.  https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/ONCE-ON-THIS-ISLAND-to-Launch-National-Tour-in-2019-2020-20180228

Alessio2
#3Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 12:41pm

It will be hard to retain the magic of the in the round staging of this...The Mark Taper Forum would be a better fit for Once On this Island...

CoffeeBreak Profile Photo
CoffeeBreak
#4Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 12:47pm

Updated On: 5/2/18 at 12:47 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#5Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 12:51pm

I wouldn't hold your breath. The Spring Awakening revival was also supposed to tour and play the Ahmanson....

http://www.playbill.com/article/broadway-revival-of-deaf-west-spring-awakening-announces-national-tour-com-374970

conealpetterson
#6Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 1:23pm

The Ahmanson never confirmed the Spring Awakening tour.  They sent an announcement to subscribers confirming Once on This Island - so I am more hopeful.

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#7Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/2/18 at 1:38pm

conealpetterson said: "The Ahmanson never confirmed the Spring Awakening tour. They sent an announcement to subscribers confirming Once on This Island - so I am more hopeful."

That's good to hear and gives me a lot more hope.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#8Will Once on This Island tour?
Posted: 5/3/18 at 1:19am

I mean, cool, but they'd have to entirely re-stage it. But as is, it's a great production of a weird show. 

Videos