News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Greg-4now

Member Name: Greg-4now
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Lopez & Marx Join Foa, Harada, D'Abruzzo in AVENUE Q SWINGS! Tonight!
 Oct 4 2005, 01:43:57 AM
I went. Got there late so I missed the about 15 or 20 minutes. It was really good...I wish I could remember who sang what songs (that's the A.D.D. kicking in) Stephanie was incredible. Jeff and Robert did a song (that was cut from the show) sung between Kate Monster and Nicky (i think) about Kate getting a jury duty notice. Nicky convinces her to "Tear it Up"...a very funny song. It should never been cut. Foa was terrific as well. Someone I didn't recognize did "You Can Be As Loud As the Hell Yo
re: Save The Date: BroadwayWorld Holiday Concert and Party - December 19th
 Aug 29 2005, 11:02:33 PM
Wow...I was just thinking about this...I was wondering if there was some formal/informal BWW "Get-together". This sounds like a blast...bump for later.
re: Las Vegas Musicals: Good or Bad?
 Aug 28 2005, 09:55:24 PM
This is a great topic.

I recently watched a (20/20 or similar) report on Vegas and the truth is more money is being spent on non-gaming entertainment and dinning for the first time in the history of Vegas. Vegas is changing, maybe for the better.

But limiting a show to just Vegas is bad. So many smaller towns never get the value of live theater.

Avenue Q plays at the Golden...its the perfect size theater for that show. About 800 seats, no pit...its very cozy. Now, p

re: saddest songs
 Aug 28 2005, 09:31:18 PM
Is that version of Pie Jesu the same as the hymn? Because the hymn is a beautiful song, I was in a choir and these 2 boys performed it once.

I am sure it is, and it is beautiful, but it never fails to bring tears to my eyes...playing it now in fact.

re: saddest songs
 Aug 28 2005, 09:18:44 PM
Pie Jesu - ALW from Requiem - Sara Brightman & Paul Miles Kinston. I can't explain it...I don't even understand half of what they are singing...but its very sad...the music is incredible sad.

Barrett in Q
 Aug 27 2005, 12:23:09 AM
I have seen both John and Barratt..if Barratt is supposed to mimic the original voice of Rod and Princeton, he's done that 100%. Foa does have a better sounding voice than John...but everyone has overlooked one thing...John is a far superior puppeteer. Barrett is good, but John is noticably better...and let's just say I've been able to compare the two closely.

re: What Are Your Favorite Musicals (3)
 Aug 25 2005, 10:29:24 PM
Avenue Q
Wicked
Pippin

re: The President is not on vacation!
 Aug 25 2005, 10:27:29 PM
Actually, he wasn't the only one to get caught. JFK got caught.

Whatever, I am done with this thread...there's only so much bs liberal venom any one person can take in a life time.

re: Broadway Hang-outs
 Aug 25 2005, 06:46:09 PM
"Broadway types do crap sometimes! Haha "

Now, that is funny.

So very sad.
 Aug 25 2005, 06:38:19 PM
New Girl...life's too short to hate anyone that you don't even know. To be as "humanly" possible means you love and not hate. And it wasn't the Republicans that put the Dixie Chicks thru anything...they did it to themselves...and they deserve whatever they got. The Chicks were gutless, especially when she said some pretty horrible things about her country and countrymen, and did so OUT OF THE COUNTRY. She wouldn't say the crap in the neighborhood where she grew up.

I will repeat myself

re: The President is not on vacation!
 Aug 25 2005, 06:30:07 PM
You folks on the left need to grow up. Yeah, Bush has it so easy. He has nothing to worry about except for the half-million or so militant muslims extremists that would love to see him assume room tempeture. This guy has aged 20 years in the last five. ITs easy to ridicule from a far. Did it ever dawn on anyone that he's in Crawford for security reasons?

Maybe we'd be better off with a guy in the White house who likes chasing down government clerks for oral sex?

During the ave

re: Broadway Hang-outs
 Aug 25 2005, 06:14:11 PM
Relax with the "stalker" alert.

I just figured that Bway types won't chill where the food, drink and atmosphere is crap.

Does that work for you now???

"Paranoid" Alert!

re: Avenue Q ushers
 Aug 24 2005, 09:54:31 PM
Don't be too surprised about the ushers. They were nasty when I saw the show too. They kept bugging EVERYONE about their cell phones. One usher commented that they are just making sure that anything that could record the show isn't being used...but more importantly, to make sure that everyone in theater knows that they are on the lookout. Someone get in with a video camera and taped the entire show and its been avaible online ever since. I 've seen it and its not a great bootleg, but just the sa
Broadway Hang-outs
 Aug 24 2005, 09:45:58 PM
Ok...what are some of the hangouts frequented by broadway celebs??
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You