News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ernest_Shackleton

Member Name: Ernest_Shackleton
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Lonely Few @ MCC
 May 8 2024, 08:55:55 AM

Going to go against the grain here a bit and just chime in that I LOVED it. Could it use another 10-15 minutes to smooth out the dialogue and sharpen some character beats? Sure, but with that music and those performances and just the whole world it's creating, I sat there with the distinct feeling I was seeing something special.

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
New Hadestown Casting
 Apr 5 2024, 10:11:19 AM

I was going to ask, does anyone know who's going on for Orpheus this month?

Robbie and Gerwig tease possible BARBIE musical
 Jan 8 2024, 09:31:01 AM

I've been dying to see Aaron Tveit and Philippa Soo in the stage musical of this since 20 minutes into seeing the movie.

SPAIN at 2ndStage
 Nov 12 2023, 09:40:46 PM

Have seen almost no buzz about this, has anyone seen it or planning to? Saw it tonight and I found it engaging, charming, and often funny, and occasionally with something interesting to say. Andrew Burnap is just a ridiculously likeable performer (which the show itself explicitly called out a couple of times) and he and Marin Ireland make an appealing foundation to build the show around. Spoilers about the ending below:

The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 10 2023, 10:10:27 AM

I got second row orchestra center - unfortunately too close for the way they stage the final scene but making direct eye contact with Nik Christopher's Sweeney during Epiphany is an experience I'll never forget. Hoping they add dates for the rest of the weekend next week!

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 19 2023, 02:30:41 PM

For Sweeney I would love to see Nik Christopher get it full time, but if not, my wild card pick is I would commit federal crimes to see Patrick Page's Sweeney.

Santino Fontana and Judy Kuhn in I can get it for you wholesale
 Oct 14 2023, 10:03:40 PM

I saw it tonight. Julia Lester is a goddamn star and I will see her in anything, Santino Fontana could play this role in his sleep but he does it so so well there's a reason you hire him. Truly the whole cast is uniformly excellent, and worth seeing just for the performances. Overall I liked the show's old fashioned charm and it certainly resonated with current events (there's a moment at the beginning which cut like a knife). I just feel like this is a show that needs spectacle (

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Aug 30 2023, 03:58:00 PM

Any word on Labor Day weekend discounts?

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Aug 16 2023, 01:07:18 PM

At the very least, she was still popping up in his Instagram stories until very recently.

Hamlet- Shakespeare in the Park
 Jul 13 2023, 10:23:01 AM

I was there last night and it was unfortunately disappointing. It pulled out every trope people use when they're trying to "modernize" Shakespeare without really understanding them and while the performers are all strong the direction is all over the place so there's very little emotional through line. Honestly it made me wish Fat Ham (which weirdly it seems to crib from at times) was still running so that I could just go back and see that again 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You