News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LuckyDipster

LuckyDipster Profile Photo
Member Name: LuckyDipster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 19 2024, 06:08:06 AM

inception said: "Hamilton...Aladdin? Really?"

It's the age old thing of people thinking their own personal taste equates to the quality level of a show which is, of course, daft.  We all have instances of sitting through a show that we are not enjoying, but when it happens to me, I just shrug and think "oh well, it wasn't my jam."  I've only seen four shows on Broadway and I enjoyed them all so I cannot comment on a least

Who Are You?
 May 15 2024, 05:03:51 AM

I'm a Geordie lass, 48 years old. 

I have been going to the theatre since my teens, albeit mostly regional, but I have been known to pop down to the West End occasionally.  Last year I went to see Back To The Future and that's when I became a huge fan of Roger Bart.  When he joined the Broadway cast, I joined this forum so I could comment in the BTTF threads.  This is why my knowledge of Broadway (and some of the actors) is fairly limited.

77th Tony Awards Performance Predictions
 May 8 2024, 04:23:46 PM

Yessica Haircut said: "Back to the Future: The Musical: 'It Works' would show off Roger Bart"

If he has a choice, he has said that he would rather not perform.

Balcony experience at Merrily?
 May 6 2024, 04:32:08 AM

Our seats for Merrily were in the middle of the very last row and I was surprised at how good the view was.  Like B212323 said, the band is slightly obscured, but we could see the actors at all times.  To be able to see this show for under a hundred dollars, I was more than happy to be sitting there.

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!
 May 3 2024, 05:12:53 AM

Can a show be considered a cash grab when it has taken over a decade to reach the stage?  Also, I believe all the big decisions about BTTF were down to Bob Gale rather than Universal.  If he and Silvestri are very good friends then it stands to reason that Bob would want him on board.

Anyway, just as #FilmTwitter is a tiny microcosm of people compared to the film going public at large and their opinions rarely hold sway in the 'real world', the way some peop

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination
 May 1 2024, 11:23:26 AM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "I was very glad Roger Bart got a nomination, but y'know he's already won before and one win is always enough. But it is nice! I love Roger Bart very much. ... Now not quite as much as Chip Zien, and that was the real tragedy."

I guess I'm just all caught up in the excitement of it all because before February of last year I hadn't heard of the man.  This means I didn't get to experience his first win (or second nominati

The BWW Tech Support Thread
 May 1 2024, 10:35:14 AM

I have always deleted my accounts when I have decided to leave an app or website.  There must be a way to do that here.

The BWW Tech Support Thread
 May 1 2024, 10:30:54 AM

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can someone tell me how to delete this account.

May 1 2024, 10:25:19 AM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Pretty weird hill to climb atop and then loudly proclaim you’re dying on."

May your bottom forever be itchy.

May 1 2024, 09:19:57 AM

There are some threads I just shouldn't step into.  Why do I punish myself?

Apr 30 2024, 08:51:59 PM

Can someone please tell me how I delete this account?

Apr 30 2024, 08:48:14 PM

kdogg36 said: "This is what is known as a "straw man.""

😕

Apr 30 2024, 06:07:41 PM

BentleyB said: “Mr. Dipster, I have a Mr. Broadway Flash on line 2 asking to arrange a theater date at Back to the Future and a dinner date at the Times Square Olive Garden.”"

Take your sarcasm and shove it up your snooty arse.  What exactly is it that you people have against joy and happiness?  I have known some very dark times fairly recently with depression and the boost that this show (and finding Roger's work because of it) has given me is a

Apr 30 2024, 05:17:38 PM

I was at work and I actually jumped for joy when Roger got his nomination because I adore that man so much.  I guess you all think I'm nuts.  Whatever.  That man's work makes me very happy and it makes a lot of BTTF fans very happy.  At the end of the day, Radcliffe is going to win and I won't be mad about it because I thought he was fantastic in Merrily.

The 77th Annual Tony Award Nominations for 2024
 Apr 30 2024, 05:05:45 PM

I knew some of you would be bitching about Roger.

Anyway, I'm just here to do my little happy dance.

💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 01:50:02 PM

dramamama611 said: "Yes, thanks for explaining how opinions work...and Fordham is allowed to express theirs.

If the show were better, you wouldn't need to defend it.
"

I was merely trying to point out that while some shows have one or two numbers that are overwhelming favourites with most people, BTTF favourites seem to be more spread out.  Trust me, I know it's not worth trying to defend the show here, but I will continue to talk about it beca

BACK TO THE FUTURE Reviews
 Apr 28 2024, 03:05:32 AM

Fordham2015 said: "I was at today's matinee. I can't get over the fact that the show ends by cutting off Power of Love so the DeLorean can fly over the audience. That gives a pretty good idea of where its priorities lie.

The George McFly understudy was on and he was the highlight of the show, along with Jelani Remy as Goldie Wilson. Though it's not a great sign when two side characters have better songs than Marty and Doc Brown.

The scenic/video design was stellar and the show's only real Tony chance IMO. Then again, the audience ate everything up, so I'm not sure that matters.
"

We get to hear about ¾ of The Power Of Love before the car appears.  The priority of this show is to entertain and most people are, but they can't please everyone.

The thing about the songs in this show is that everyone has a different favourite.  This means that most of the songs are liked by some, if not all, people.  Whichever songs you didn't like are absolutely loved by other people.  There is no one big favourite new song in this show.  Maybe some people see that as a failing, but I don't.  I see it as the show providing something for most people.

Ah, Sardi's.  I'm surprised he wasn't added a long time ago, but better late than never.

😊

2024 Tony Predictions
 Apr 27 2024, 05:39:22 PM

I just can't wait for it all to be over at this point.

😄

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season
 Apr 27 2024, 08:37:11 AM

I know, I know!  I'm choosing with my heart, and my knowledge of current new Broadway songs is extremely limited, but this moment in the show gives me all the feels.

ON YOUR FEET! movie musical/musical biopic in development
 Apr 24 2024, 04:58:18 PM

Had a funny coincidence today.  I was looking through an old Playbill I had recently bought on eBay and this show was in the How Many Have You Seen? section.  Until that moment, I had never heard of this show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You